100,000 PLUS in Madison today?

Koch It Up

"WASHINGTON - March 11 - Over two weeks after One Wisconsin Now filed an open records request for all email and written communications between Koch Industries’ lead Wisconsin lobbyist and the office of Gov. Scott Walker and the Department of Administration, the Walker administration has yet to fulfill the request.

"One Wisconsin Now said it is considering legal action and notes the unusual speed at which Gov. Walker’s office released staff email communications this week it claimed were proof of the administration’s willingness to negotiate with Senate Democrats in the budget repair bill dispute."

Scott Walker is another corporate tool looking to socialize cost while privatizing profit for Wall Street parasites.

usually here in the US we show cause before engaging in what is simply a fishing expedition......cheney was free to talk to oil guys, obama is free to talk with trumka and scott if so inclined is free to talk with whomsoever he pleases.

I don't care what they are talking about in any case.

Feel free to just trample someone rights to privacy minus cause any time you like, I am surprised at you George.....

If it was state email Walker was using then the people are entitled to see them, in my opinion. If it was his personal email, then that's different.

humm, well using that standard bro, some RW nutter could ask for all of Obamas e-mails.....and I would ask- why? cause? Absent wrong doing or that is a case for probable cause, I would not sppt. that.

Koch It Up

"WASHINGTON - March 11 - Over two weeks after One Wisconsin Now filed an open records request for all email and written communications between Koch Industries’ lead Wisconsin lobbyist and the office of Gov. Scott Walker and the Department of Administration, the Walker administration has yet to fulfill the request.

"One Wisconsin Now said it is considering legal action and notes the unusual speed at which Gov. Walker’s office released staff email communications this week it claimed were proof of the administration’s willingness to negotiate with Senate Democrats in the budget repair bill dispute."

Scott Walker is another corporate tool looking to socialize cost while privatizing profit for Wall Street parasites.

How about they produce all emails and transcripts of meetings between Obama and Dick Trumpka as well.

because thats not the way it works. The Pres. et al, even obama has a right to seek advice and speak with basically whom ever he pleases absent reporting out every word.

I watched the live feed sporadically throughout the day. I never saw a crowd bigger than 10,000 or so.

I guarantee they have more at the Badger football games than were there today (Camp Randall record is slightly over 83,000, a small crowd in the South).

FAR more.

Koch It Up

The light is shining on the Koch brothers.

Parasites like them usually like to operate in the dark.

yep... the fringe of the tea party bowing to big business at the expense of the middle class... the tea party is done in 2012

yep... the fringe of the tea party bowing to big business at the expense of the middle class... the tea party is done in 2012

The tea party never was anything but a creation of the Koch brothers.

Koch It Up

The light is shining on the Koch brothers.

Parasites like them usually like to operate in the dark.
"Over a week ago, Walker’s office acknowledged it had received One Wisconsin Now’s open records request, which was sent electronically February 24.

"In the request One Wisconsin Now asked for written and email communications between Jeffrey Schoepke, Koch Industries’ lead Wisconsin-based lobbyist, and the Governor’s office and the office of the Secretary of the Department of Administration.

"Koch Industries’ billionaire owners Charles and David Koch are the driving financial force behind Americans for Prosperity, the organization running hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars in television ads to support Gov. Walker’s effort to use the government to take away the right of 175,000 Wisconsin workers.

"Gov. Walker has also included in his scheme a plan to allow private companies, like Koch Industries, to purchase the state’s public power plants in a possible no-bid scheme."

If the solidarity that was on display today in Madison between students, union workers and farmers holds up, the Koch brothers may find they picked the wrong fight in the worst place.

Hopefully they'll take the Tea Party down with themselves and Walker.

Over Two Weeks...

Ding! Another fresh talking point hot off the presses. From the word processors of leftieloonie activists to your screaming eyeballs through useful idiots everywhere.

In the same way Walker is free to trample state workers' legal right to bargain for benefits?

When any politician accepts thousands of dollars in campaign donations, why shouldn't his/her emails with those generous contributors be subject to public inspection?

read my post again George.
Read Martin Niemoller again, Trajan.

"'First they came for the communists,' he wrote, 'and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.'"

21st Century Update on Niemoller's Poem:

"First they declared corporations were 'people,' and I didn't complain because I'm already a person.

"Then they made unlimited money 'speech,' and I didn't complain because the American Dream says I'll be rich someday, too.

"Then they commandeered the means of production by shipping our greatest strength - manufacturing - overseas, because they don't have bothersome unions over there, and I didn't complain because WalMart has cheap stuff.

"Then they bought Congress so they could write the laws, and I didn't complain because I can’t be bothered to vote.

"Then they bought the Supreme Court so they could cement their rule, and I didn't complain because I don't have time to pay attention..."

Then They Came...
What an utter abuse of Niemoller's poem!

Where are the party thugs, busting heads? The closest thing I see to that, is UNION goons....but those are on YOUR side!

Where are the concentration camps, and who's being thrown in them? Hmmm, well, nationally, YOUR party is in power.

Where are the secret police? Only in your dreams of the "New America to come", it appears.

Where is the tramp of jackboots in the streets? Only in the minds of you and your fellow revolutionaries.
:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

The billionaire Koch brothers have long claimed that they have no direct connection to the Tea Party, denying that their vast oil wealth is directly funding corporate front groups like Americans For Prosperity (AFP), the key organizers of the fake grassroots Tea Party movement.

David Koch told New York Magazine earlier this year, “I’ve never been to a tea-party event. No one representing the tea party has ever even approached me.”

But the Guardian reports that footage has emerged showing David Koch at the podium during an AFP gala receiving direct and detailed reports from his astroturf AFP army on their efforts to organize tea parties around the nation.

Watch the clip from the new documentary (Astro)Turf Wars: How Corporate America Faked a Grassroots Revolution...

Liars Revealed: Video Footage Proves Koch Brothers’ Connection to Tea Party « SpeakEasy

tin-foil-hat-winners.jpg

But organisations tracking money in politics say the Kochs' biggest impact in the midterm elections will be from funding and providing logistical support to such groups as Americans for Prosperity (AFP), one of the biggest Tea Party groups.

AFP, in turn, has spun off other organisations such as November is Coming, Hands Off My Healthcare, and the Institute of Liberty, which are buying up television ads and holding rallies across the country in an attempt to defeat Democrats.

US campaign laws make it easy for political interest groups and their corporate backers to hide their spending in elections. "This is a world of shadows," said Taki Oldham, an Australian documentary maker who spent months following Tea Party activists. "In my mind, without a doubt nobody has had more influence on the anti-Obama campaign than the Koch-funded groups."

For the Kochs, who inherited their politics as well as their business from their father, Fred, this has been a long and carefully cultivated project.

But after years in which their support for anti-regulation thinktanks and groups went largely undetected, the sudden visibility of the Kochs' power seems to have taken even the brothers by surprise.

"Five years ago, my brothers Charles and I provided the funds to start Americans for Prosperity," David Koch told AFP's annual Defending the Dream gathering in 2009. "It is beyond my wildest dreams that AFP has grown into this enormous organisation. The American dream of free enterprise and capitalism is alive and well."

Until last summer, most Americans had no idea who the Koch brothers were, and it is very likely that even AFP members did not know they were bankrolled by one of the richest men in corporate America.

But a spate of attention – sparked by a Greenpeace investigation and a profile in the New Yorker – has given the Kochs a degree of notoriety they are finding it difficult to live with.

When the Guardian stopped into the offices of the Charles G Koch charitable foundation, in the suburbs of Washington DC, the receptionist sent the head of the legal department out to talk.

After declaring all conversations off the record, lawyer Brian Menkes said it was normal for the Koch legal team to be involved in routine press inquiries.

"Go to any company in the world and the legal department is involved in media inquiries," he said. "It is standard operating procedure."

Tea Party movement: Billionaire Koch brothers who helped it grow | World news | The Guardian

Fleebaggers and maggot infested, patchouli oil-soaked college stoners

m01-wisc-fire1-480.jpg

wisconsin-protests.jpg

Fireman_march.jpg

069b28449b55e9e5b8e5d25bfd8be786.jpg

mjs-hearing_-nws_-sears_-18.jpg

WISCONSIN-PROTESTS-large570.jpg

Wisconsin-Protests.jpg

20110227_wisconsin-protests_33.jpg

wisconsin.protest2_610x447.JPG

Protests-in-Madison-Wisconsin.jpg

109920846.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

110220_wisconsin_protests_ap_328.jpg
f28-madi-capi-480.jpg

Fleebaggers and maggot infested, patchouli oil-soaked college stoners

"With all their faults, trade unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed"
Clarence Darrow

Last edited:
100,000?

That's a lot of people.

Not that it will much matter, but if that number of people show up that ought to tell Walker something.

Of course, what it will tell him is something I suspect he already knows but cannot admit.

Scott Walker is another corporate tool looking to socialize cost while privatizing profit for Wall Street parasites

You might have a point,if it wasn't about public employees not private Corps.

Forum List

Back