10 things blamed on "global warming" in 2008.....

Of course, were you to actually read something on global warming from a scientific source, instead of Fox's out in right field "neener-neeners", you might actually have something to contribute to the subject.

European Geosciences Union
In 2005, the Divisions of Atmospheric and Climate Sciences of the European Geosciences Union (EGU) issued a position statement in support of the joint science academies’ statement on global response to climate change. The statement refers to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), as "the main representative of the global scientific community", and asserts that the IPCC “represents the state-of-the-art of climate science supported by the major science academies around the world and by the vast majority of science researchers and investigators as documented by the peer-reviewed scientific literature.”[38]

Additionally, in 2008, the EGU issued a position statement on ocean acidification which states, "Ocean acidification is already occurring today and will continue to intensify, closely tracking atmospheric CO2 increase. Given the potential threat to marine ecosystems and its ensuing impact on human society and economy, especially as it acts in conjunction with anthropogenic global warming, there is an urgent need for immediate action." The statement then advocates for strategies "to limit future release of CO2 to the atmosphere and/or enhance removal of excess CO2 from the atmosphere."[39]

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NASA Website:

Fig.A2.lrg.gif

Those that are sceptical of the science of global warming have every oppertunity to publish their evidence in peer reviewed scientific journals. Thus far, almost none of the sceptics seem to have solid enough evidence to do so. Not just here in the US, but worldwide. So, if you are foolish enough to claim conspiracy, then it has to be big enough to embrace all the nations in the world.

does not prove that people caused it

NASA, the US National Academy of Sciences, the US EPA, the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Adminstration, the American Geophysical Union, every single National Science Academy of every developed nation on earth, the American Geologic Society, the American Meterological Socity, and every single credible and nationally-recognized american scientific body with expertise in climate science say its a near certainty that humans are affecting climate.

I'll take their word over yours.

Can you give me a link to a single nationally-recognized American Scientific body that agrees with your statement. Don't give me links to Senator's websites, or to private think tanks. I want a link to a nationally recognized and established scientific society with expertise in climate science.

Whee, Skull, I thought that you were a bit more knowledgable than to accept nonsense like these sites put out. Many on Inhofe's list were very surprised to find themselves there. And quite irate.
Deltoid: How many on Inhofe's list are IPCC authors?

OK, Skull, here is the science.

Simple Models of Climate

and here are some valid questions

Extra - WSJ.com

Alarm rather than genuine scientific curiosity, it appears, is essential to maintaining funding. And only the most senior scientists today can stand up against this alarmist gale, and defy the iron triangle of climate scientists, advocates and policymakers.

btw Richard Lindzen is an Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Atmospheric Science at MIT.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Files.View&FileStore_id=83947f5d-d84a-4a84-ad5d-6e2d71db52d9

Simple Models of Climate

Extra - WSJ.com

Alarm rather than genuine scientific curiosity, it appears, is essential to maintaining funding. And only the most senior scientists today can stand up against this alarmist gale, and defy the iron triangle of climate scientists, advocates and policymakers.

btw Richard Lindzen is an Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Atmospheric Science at MIT.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Files.View&FileStore_id=83947f5d-d84a-4a84-ad5d-6e2d71db52d9

So, I'll assume you don't have one, single solitary link to a nationally-recognized and established American Scientific body with expertise in climate science that agrees with your assertions.

All you have are links to senators websites, private think tanks no one's ever heard of, or editorial pages of conservative newspapers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Simple Models of Climate

Extra - WSJ.com

So, I'll assume you don't have one, single solitary link to a nationally-recognized and established American Scientific body with expertise in climate science that agrees with your assertions.

All you have are links to senators websites, private think tanks no one's ever heard of, or editorial pages of conservative newspapers.

I am not making assertions. I am merely stating that the list of Global Warming dissenters is growing. Why do you think that is?

Simple Models of Climate

Extra - WSJ.com

Lindzen's Iris theory was proven wrong by satellite data. And he was paid $2500 a day to testify by the energy companies.
Background
His academic research involves studies of the role of the tropics in mid-latitude weather and global heat transport, the moisture budget and its role in global change, the origins of ice ages, seasonal effects in atmospheric transport, stratospheric waves, and the observational determination of climate sensitivity.[1] He has published numerous papers regarding meteorologic and atmospheric topics.[2]

Ross Gelbspan, journalist and author, wrote a 1995 article in Harper's Magazine which was critical of Lindzen and other global warming skeptics. In the article, Gelbspan reports Lindzen charged "oil and coal interests $2,500 a day for his consulting services; [and] his 1991 trip to testify before a Senate committee was paid for by Western Fuels and a speech he wrote, entitled 'Global Warming: the Origin and Nature of Alleged Scientific Consensus,' was underwritten by OPEC."[3]

A decade later Boston Globe columnist Alex Beam reported, based on an interview with Lindzen, that "he accepted $10,000 in expenses and expert witness fees from fossil- fuel types in the 1990s, and has taken none of their money since."[4]

In November 2004, climate change skeptic Richard Lindzen was quoted saying he'd be willing to bet that the earth's climate will be cooler in 20 years than it is today. When British climate researcher James Annan contacted him, however, Lindzen would only agree to take the bet if Annan offered a 50-to-1 payout. Subsequent offers of a wager were also refused by Pat Michaels, Chip Knappenberger, Piers Corbyn, Myron Ebell, Zbigniew Jaworowski, Sherwood Idso and William Kininmonth. At long last, however, Annan has persuaded Russian solar physicists Galina Mashnich and Vladimir Bashkirtsev to take a $10,000 bet. "There isn't much money in climate science and I'm still looking for that gold watch at retirement," Annan says. "A pay-off would be a nice top-up to my pension."[5]
Richard S. Lindzen - SourceWatch

Extra - WSJ.com

I am not making assertions. I am merely stating that the list of Global Warming dissenters is growing. Why do you think that is?

Another epic fail.

Your link is from a senator's website. It's a political compilation. You've been provided unrefuted links that show some of the scientists on that list have been asked to be taken off, some of the "quotes" provided were takend out of context, and the vast majority of those "scientists" don't have PhDs or do their own orginal research in the relevant subject area.

Here's a clue: some dude with a bachelor's degree in horticulture or economics does not qualify as a research scientist who has credibility in the profession of climate science.

At this point, I'm going to have to assume that you simply cannot provide one single, solitary link to a nationally recongnized and established American scientific body that has expertise in climate science to back up your assertions.

Thanks for playing.

Good God! Come on, Skull. This is a political site, a right wingnut site, to be exact. It has zero standing in the scientific world. Stick to Lindzen. His theories may be discredited and falsified, but he is still a scientist.

Virtually all that the Heartland has to say on global warming is either wrong, or an outright lie. And they know it. Just a sucker site for those that would rather ignore reality.

yes every single dissenting voice is wrong. only you have the answers

did you read the study, of course not.

So the testimony of scientists in government hearings is also no good?

http://www.epw.senate.gov/109th/Carter_Testimony.pdf

seems to me a lot of scientists question the alarmists.

The scientists are not the question.

The question is, if you increase CO2 in the atmosphere by 40%, will it warm the earth?

The answer is, yes.

Soon we will have doubled the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

What will the result of that be?

yes every single dissenting voice is wrong. only you have the answers

did you read the study, of course not.

So the testimony of scientists in government hearings is also no good?

http://www.epw.senate.gov/109th/Carter_Testimony.pdf

seems to me a lot of scientists question the alarmists.

:lol:

You scoured the planet and this guy is the best you could come up with? :lol:

Get back to me when you can provide me a link to a nationally or internationally recognized scientific body that supports you.

As for this dude you're citing.

"Bob Carter".

-"James Cook University" :lol::lol: WTF is "James Cook University". Never heard of it

-"Adjunct Professor" :lol::lol::lol: Do you even know what an "adjunct professor" is? Its a dude who works part time, isn't tenured, and wasn't good enough to be hired for a permanent, tenure-track faculty postion:lol:

-"Degrees in Paleontology and Stratigraphy". :lol: Okay, so's he's a paletontologist and geologist. He's not a world-wide recognized expert in modern climatology.

Stop fucking wasting my time with this "heartland.org" and "Bob Carter" shit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back