Global warming hits Antarctica

"In any case, efforts to repair the ozone layer eventually will begin taking effect and the hole could be eliminated by the middle of this century. If that happens, all of Antarctica could begin warming on a par with the rest of the world

you lefty envio nazi's are out of you rmind

So the hole in the Ozone layer is good then?

Can we make up ou rmind please

Global cooling hits Ohio

Despite the forcast for a warmer than normal winter in the Midwest, northwestern Ohio has been hit with colder than normal temperatures. For the period beginning November 15 through January 15th, temperatures have averaged five degrees lower than last year.

Global cooling hits Ohio

Despite the forcast for a warmer than normal winter in the Midwest, northwestern Ohio has been hit with colder than normal temperatures. For the period beginning November 15 through January 15th, temperatures have averaged five degrees lower than last year.

And here in Portland, Oregon, we were, on the average, warmer, for that period. So?

Global cooling hits Ohio

And here in Portland, Oregon, we were, on the average, warmer, for that period. So?

exactly. so what?

And in 1990 they recalibrated the satellites because they didn't fit the model they thought the should. This is getting the cart before the horse in a major way. And this study is entirely dependent on those same satellites

Mars is Melting

OMG...so are the polar caps of Mars !!...surly this must be proof of gas guzzling alien life on Mars
I mean thats more logfical than to think it could be...oh I don't know...the sun heating the planets

The south polar ice cap of Mars is receding, revealing frosty mountains, rifts and curious dark spots

August 7, 2003: It's not every day you get to watch a planetary ice cap vanish, but this month you can. All you need are clear skies, a backyard telescope, and a sky map leading to Mars.

Actually, you won't need the sky map because Mars is so bright and easy to find.

Just look south between midnight and dawn on any clear night this month. Mars is that eye-catching red star, outshining everything around it. It's getting brighter every night as Earth and Mars converge for a close encounter on August 27th.

Mars is Melting

Last edited:
If CO2 causes warming why is Mars with an atmosphere almost 80 percent CO2 a freaking giant refrigerator.

My, my, possibly because if you were to try to breath that atmosphere, your lungs would regard it as a hard vacuum. CO2 does not cause warmth, it retains warmth. Mars is much farther from the sun than we are, inverse square law, and the atmosphere is very thin;

The Martian Atmosphere

Myth: Mars is warming primarily due to the Sun and therefore, Earth's recent changes in climate are also due to solar activity.

Fact: This theory is based on satellite images that show that the ice caps at the Martian south pole are retreating. According to the theory, Mars has very little atmosphere, so a greenhouse effect can be ruled out. Therefore, the Sun must be causing warming on Mars. If that's true, then it must also be causing warming on Earth :

In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row. Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, says the Mars data is evidence that the current global warming on Earth is being caused by changes in the sun. "The long-term increase in solar irradiance is heating both Earth and Mars," he said. Abdussamatov believes that changes in the sun's heat output can account for almost all the climate changes we see on both planets. Mars and Earth, for instance, have experienced periodic ice ages throughout their histories. "Man-made greenhouse warming has made a small contribution to the warming seen on Earth in recent years, but it cannot compete with the increase in solar irradiance," Abdussamatov said.
There are several problems with Abdussamatov's theory, but I'll just point out the two biggest holes I've found. The first problem is that it is controversial. The mainstream theory is that Mars' warming can be explained by changes in its orbit and tilt , much like Earth's Milankovitch Cycles :
The conventional theory is that climate changes on Mars can be explained primarily by small alterations in the planet's orbit and tilt, not by changes in the sun. "Wobbles in the orbit of Mars are the main cause of its climate change in the current era," Oxford's Wilson explained. All planets experience a few wobbles as they make their journey around the sun. Earth's wobbles are known as Milankovitch cycles and occur on time scales of between 20,000 and 100,000 years. These fluctuations change the tilt of Earth's axis and its distance from the sun and are thought to be responsible for the waxing and waning of ice ages on Earth. Mars and Earth wobble in different ways, and most scientists think it is pure coincidence that both planets are between ice ages right now. "Mars has no [large] moon, which makes its wobbles much larger, and hence the swings in climate are greater too," Wilson said.
Green Myth Busting: Martian Warming | Use Celsias.com - reduce global °Celsius

And of course your response is also unprovable and unproven. The fact is that the earth has always and will continue to have abrupt climatic changes. We have only the most limited understanding as to why and what we do have is largely guess work based on assumptions that we can neither wholly prove or holy disprove.

And of course your response is also unprovable and unproven. The fact is that the earth has always and will continue to have abrupt climatic changes. We have only the most limited understanding as to why and what we do have is largely guess work based on assumptions that we can neither wholly prove or holy disprove.

What is unproven? The density of Mars atmosphere? The fact that CO2 is a GHG?

So the Earth has had some adrupt climate changes before. But we have not caused them in the past. That is not the case for the future.

Whom is the diety whose "holy disaproval" I have earned? Not Aphrodite, I hope:lol:

You want to stay in good with Aphrodite.

Otherwise you might end up sleeping on the couch.

We are all DOOMED, DOOMED I say.

Destroy the power plants, stop burning oil in all its forms, kill all the cows, SAVE the earth. Ohh and while you are at it, don't use wood to heat anything either, just eat everything raw and try to stay warm with out any form of energy release.

The SKY is falling, THE SKY IS FALLING.

Forum List

Back