10 Million AR-15's In Red States

Ricky LIbtardo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2016
Over 250 Million guns in Red States.

If you are one of the Senate Democrats running for re-election in states Trump won and you are running on attacking the Second Amendment you will lose.

The Heller decision made it clear individuals have a Second Amendment right to own a gun and it overrides the wording of a well regulated militia. So that argument is mute.

I believe as the NRA does in background checks. I believe you should be 21 to buy an AR-15. Many disagree with that but their arguments are valid, especially for women who want one for self defense. Law abiding gun owners don't want to be attacked by people who have no understanding of firearms, and which ones are best for home defense and hunting. AR-15's were not banned under the assault weapons ban. It just restricted it to one of several options.

Liberal knee jerk reactions will only strengthen the resolve of the owners of over 300 Million guns. Any attempt to confiscate guns will cause a Constitution crisis in this country

"Exact numbers are hard to come by. The ATF doesn't break out AR-15 ownership in the registration data it makes public. The National Shooting Sports Foundation estimates there are roughly 5 million to 10 million AR-15 rifles owned in the United States, a small share of the roughly 300 million firearms owned by Americans."

Owned by 5 million Americans, AR-15 under renewed fire after Orlando massacre

Last edited:
I believe as the NRA does in background checks. I believe you should be 21 to buy an AR-15. Many disagree with that but their arguments are valid, especially for women who wants one for self defense.

An AR-15 is not a weapon you buy for self defense unless you're expecting a coup at any minute. People buy AR-15 for sport because they are fun to shoot. I have one and I would never fire that in my house. Only an idiot would because the bullet will go right through your house and probably your neighbor's house too.

One should not have to be 21 to do ANYTHING in the US. Least of which is own a weapon. If you can sign a contract, vote, die for your country and get your ass slapped in the chair at 18, why cant you pick a firearm? Governments and their arbitrary age shit.

I believe as the NRA does in background checks. I believe you should be 21 to buy an AR-15. Many disagree with that but their arguments are valid, especially for women who wants one for self defense.

An AR-15 is not a weapon you buy for self defense unless you're expecting a coup at any minute. People buy AR-15 for sport because they are fun to shoot. I have one and I would never fire that in my house. Only an idiot would because the bullet will go right through your house and probably your neighbor's house too.
One word home skillet: Frangibles...additionlly; .223 rounds do not over penetrate due to round velocity and mass.

Not if it hits the intruder.

An AR-15 carbine with a 16" barrel is by far the best home defense weapon. I'm not going to pick up a shotgun when I have an AR sitting there. I'm going for my XDM next. If I have 3 meth heads break in and they're armed I'm not worried about an errant bullet. You need to live in a brick house.

The gun you have is the best gun for self defense.

An AR-15 carbine with a 16" barrel is by far the best home defense weapon. I'm not going to pick up a shotgun when I have an AR sitting there. I'm going for my XDM next. If I have 3 meth heads break in and they're armed I'm not worried about an errant bullet. You need to live in a brick house.
Well...you do, if you have others that you care for in other rooms. Unless you live in a mud hut in Afghanistan, modern homes have drywall. A surface which is easily penetrated. Your loads and the material you are sending downrange matters.

only an idiot would buy an ar-15 for self-defense

how many do you own?

Sound like the idiot who wouldn't want me having one if he tries to break in. Are you scoping me out, dels smells?

if i were a burglar, i'd go after someone who actually, you know, owned something worth stealing

bro's right though, depending on what it's chambered for, that round will go right through the wall of your single wide.

even if it's just 5.56

“Then them Ol’boys raise AR-15’s...shotguns...deer rifles...squirrel rifles... country folks are the patriots of America. How many million in conservative states? Good! Let’s go for double!

Most murders are not committed by AR-15's.
So the lefts effort is just to start the slippery slope of grabbing guns from honest law abiding Americans.
So you can hold a coup.

Most murders are not committed by AR-15's.
So the lefts effort is just to start the slippery slope of grabbing guns from honest law abiding Americans.
So you can hold a coup.

Rifles of any kind are one of the least used weapons to commit murder

An AR-15 is a POS that jams all of the time just when you need it the most. All you need to do is look at one wrong. They are a pop gun to go dink dink dink with and are fun, light and cheap to shoot and look like the military variant so have a cool value. But if you are serious about home self defense, get yourself a Remington shotgun and load it with one or two shots of #8 bird shot just to show the police you tried. That won't go through any walls. Then follow it up with 00 Buck shot if you need to make the kill.

We usually get along pretty good but if he AR15 is so bad for home defense why would the cops use them?

An AR-15 is a POS that jams all of the time just when you need it the most. All you need to do is look at one wrong. They are a pop gun to go dink dink dink with and are fun, light and cheap to shoot and look like the military variant so have a cool value. But if you are serious about home self defense, get yourself a Remington shotgun and load it with one or two shots of #8 bird shot just to show the police you tried. That won't go through any walls. Then follow it up with 00 Buck shot if you need to make the kill.
That's what I say, birdshot. When i was a kid I knew a Cholo (Mexican gang member) who took a barrel of bird shot to the face...let's just say...one of his home boys had to tag his set for him after that.

Your internet research didn’t pay off this time. You just sound stupid.

Over 250 Million guns in Red States.

If you are one of the Senate Democrats running for re-election in states Trump won and you are running on attacking the Second Amendment you will lose.

The Heller decision made it clear individuals have a Second Amendment right to own a gun and it overrides the wording of a well regulated militia. So that argument is mute.

I believe as the NRA does in background checks. I believe you should be 21 to buy an AR-15. Many disagree with that but their arguments are valid, especially for women who want one for self defense. Law abiding gun owners don't want to be attacked by people who have no understanding of firearms, and which ones are best for home defense and hunting. AR-15's were not banned under the assault weapons ban. It just restricted it to one of several options.

Liberal knee jerk reactions will only strengthen the resolve of the owners of over 300 Million guns. Any attempt to confiscate guns will cause a Constitution crisis in this country

"Exact numbers are hard to come by. The ATF doesn't break out AR-15 ownership in the registration data it makes public. The National Shooting Sports Foundation estimates there are roughly 5 million to 10 million AR-15 rifles owned in the United States, a small share of the roughly 300 million firearms owned by Americans."

Owned by 5 million Americans, AR-15 under renewed fire after Orlando massacre

I have no problem with your proposal.

But of course, never ever should we appease screeching leftists. When they have shut up for long enough, maybe then. Otherwise they will keep the mad circus going on until the end of times.

So ten million AR15’s in the country. And how many were usedin mass shootings? Two of them?

Two out of ten million seems like a pretty good safety record.

Your internet research didn’t pay off this time. You just sound stupid.

No internet search, practical, hands on experience.

Forum List

Back