1 In 4 Americans Thinks The Sun Goes Around The Earth, Survey Says

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
It would be nice if I could tell you this was a joke, but sadly it appears to be true.

A quarter of Americans surveyed could not correctly answer that the Earth revolves around the sun and not the other way around, according to a report out Friday from the National Science Foundation.

The survey of 2,200 people in the United States was conducted by the NSF in 2012 and released on Friday at an annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Chicago.

To the question "Does the Earth go around the Sun, or does the Sun go around the Earth," 26 percent of those surveyed answered incorrectly.

The sun compared to Jupiter and Earth...
30.jpg

You don't even want to know what they think causes the phases of the moon.

Is it any wonder the TEE VEE does all their thinking for them?

Those would be the offspring of those who believed dinosaurs and humans lived together since they saw it on the Flintstones.

It would be nice if I could tell you this was a joke, but sadly it appears to be true.

A quarter of Americans surveyed could not correctly answer that the Earth revolves around the sun and not the other way around, according to a report out Friday from the National Science Foundation.

The survey of 2,200 people in the United States was conducted by the NSF in 2012 and released on Friday at an annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Chicago.

To the question "Does the Earth go around the Sun, or does the Sun go around the Earth," 26 percent of those surveyed answered incorrectly.

View attachment 244904
And mainly Republicans!

Americans are easily snookered into failure for some reason.

In America, the task of Masonry to redefine the values which would be taught to the next generation was prodigious indeed, requiring a huge investment. The plan operated for many years, however, before being discovered.

In 1954, a special Congressional Committee investigated the interlocking web of tax-exempt foundations to see what impact their grants were having on the American psyche. The Committee stumbled onto the fact that some of these groups had embarked upon a gigantic project to rewrite American history and incorporate it into new school text books.

...Dodd concluded from his study that these tax-exempt foundations — by virtue of the fact that they pay for these studies — lay at the heart of a group determined to destroy the United States.

Rewriting U.S. History. william t. still,rockefeller foundation,carnegie endowment,guggenheim foundation,

Not only some Americans belive that. A friend of me told me he believes the Eart is flat and the sun goes around our planet :)
He also told me to see an Italian documentary about flat Earth (I've found the English version:D)

View attachment 244904
Dude, I can see the sun moving across the sky everyday. Now when it's cloudy I don't know for sure but I think it's still moving.

Not only some Americans belive that. A friend of me told me he believes the Eart is flat and the sun goes around our planet :)
He also told me to see an Italian documentary about flat Earth (I've found the English version:D)

Yup, flat earthers and there is even hollow earthers.

I don't understand why I can see the moon during the day but not the sun at night

Forum List

Back