1/3 Who Signed Up Didn't Have Insurance

Meister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2009
Conservative part of the Northwest
RAND: Only One-Third Of Obamacare Exchange Sign-Ups Were From The Previously Uninsured

The RAND study hasn’t yet been published, but its contents were made available to Noam Levey of the Los Angeles Times. RAND also estimates that 9 million individuals have purchased health plans directly from insurers, outside of the exchanges, but that “the vast majority of these people were previously insured.”

The RAND report appears to corroborate the work of other surveys. Earlier this month, McKinsey reported that 27 percent of those signing up for coverage on the individual market were previously uninsured.

If you apply that math to the RAND figures, you get this: of the people who have paid their first month’s premium on the Obamacare exchanges, and are thereby enrolled in coverage, 76 percent were previously insured, and 24 percent were previously uninsured.

What’s important to remember is that this is not how Obamacare was supposed to work. The Congressional Budget Office, in its original estimates, predicted that the vast majority of the people eligible for subsidies on the exchanges would be previously uninsured individuals.
RAND: Only One-Third Of Obamacare Exchange Sign-Ups Were From The Previously Uninsured - Forbes

This article is a good read and shows that reality is starting to hit this debacle.
But, as I've said over and over, it's was never about insuring the uninsured.
The young and middle class are going to feel the pinch. The young starting out in the world deep in debt from school and paying huge premiums and deductibles.
Obama has to be proud of his "Hope and Change" thingy.

"76 percent were previously insured, and 24 percent were previously uninsured. What’s important to remember is that this is not how Obamacare was supposed to work."

Actually it was. To get people affordable, good health care for those who had crappy health care. To get the uninsured insured.

And that is where the program is going.

"76 percent were previously insured, and 24 percent were previously uninsured. What’s important to remember is that this is not how Obamacare was supposed to work."

Actually it was. To get people affordable, good health care for those who had crappy health care. To get the uninsured insured.

BS, Jake and you know it.

LOL.....you are so full of shit Bammy Boi.

I read another article today which estimates that only 1.7% of the uninsured, who were the justification for ObamaCare in the first place, have signed up.

That's about as epic of a fail as could have possibly have happened.

I read another article today which estimates that only 1.7% of the uninsured, who were the justification for ObamaCare in the first place, have signed up.

And of course no one knows the truth of it all. The numbers haven't been released that tell us how many of those who signed up have paid their first premium. That will show the truth of the numbers who have actually enrolled. If the Obama administration was proud of those numbers, we would have been hearing about all day...:lmao:

It's a step in the right direction. The good thing is that it is proving workable. I was talking to the woman who handles all the insurance changes for patients at the local hospital where I go for treatment. I told her I had changed insurance again and had a new policy through the exchange. I told her that I am one of the people who is happy with the ACA. She said that she is also and it's been working out really well from her POV. She said more patients are now coming in with coverage than every before. Now that doesn't mean her bosses agree with her, but I thought it was interesting that she was very supportive of the ACA.

Well, thus far, the total sign ups for the ACA (or Obamacare if you wish) have been around 7.1 MILLION.

Not only did the ACA meet (and beat) the expectations of the Democrats, but it's also shown how wrong the GOP can be (especially from the FAUX Nooze pundits).

They said the ACA wouldn't even make half of what it did, and that it would fail.

Sorry, but it succeeded, and if the GOP runs on getting rid of the ACA this year, they're going to lose by a lot.

People like being healthy, they like being able to go to a doctor if something is wrong.

They also like being able to live.

Well, thus far, the total sign ups for the ACA (or Obamacare if you wish) have been around 7.1 MILLION.

Not only did the ACA meet (and beat) the expectations of the Democrats, but it's also shown how wrong the GOP can be (especially from the FAUX Nooze pundits).

They said the ACA wouldn't even make half of what it did, and that it would fail.

Sorry, but it succeeded, and if the GOP runs on getting rid of the ACA this year, they're going to lose by a lot.

People like being healthy, they like being able to go to a doctor if something is wrong.

They also like being able to live.

They predicted most of the enrolees would be people who didn't have insurance previously. That has not been the case. Getting peoples policies cancelled then bragging when they sign up is a bit CS in my book.

Did it hit 7 million. Yes it did. Ill give them that. But what that 7.1 million consists of is what is important. You cant call it a success or failure until you see those numbers. I doubt you will because the administration is already famous for lying to people. :whip:

Forum List

Back