Why are Democrats against Voter ID?

Wrong! Ballots are only sent to registered voters.
Ballots are mailed out well ahead of Election Day, and thus voters have an “election period,” not just a single day, to vote. Mostly-mail elections can be thought of as absentee voting for everyone. This system is also referred to as “vote by mail.”

• Eight states—California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Vermont and Washington and the District of Columbia—allow all elections to be conducted entirely by mail.
  • Two states—Nebraska and North Dakota—permit counties to opt into conducting elections by mail.

It's not about basic life skills. It's about just plain being able to get there. What do you do if the DMV is 2-3 hours away?

It has always struck me as odd how convoluted the voting process is in what is supposed to be the beacon of democracy.
In Canada, I register to vote Federal, Provincial and municipal by checking a box on my Federal tax return. Unless I moved between filing and an election, I know I'm on the roll.
I've seen the argument made here that we require ID. True, but here is a list of acceptable IDs
Well, there's quite a bit of time to get ID to vote for president in America. I'm sure people have time to either drive, walk, cycle, thumb a lift, jog, car share, get the bus, catch a train etc..

Surely folk can manage a few hours there and a few hours back before the election.

Democracy is simply having a vote to elect someone on your behalf. Unfortunately, the tiny minority try to abuse the system. Happens everywhere in life. And thus why ID exists in various areas in life.

Do people twine about getting adequate ID to buy alcohol, or to open a bank account? So if folk can manage ID in a whole raft of areas in everyday life, why is ID for voting singled out as being tricky?

Document your claims please Cat. Why do you think blacks are so lazy?
You can find the information easily. (regarding DMVs being far away from where people live and no bus routes and they need the DMV to vote)

They're not lazy. Many just don't have cars and it's just really debilitating.

Document your claims please Cat. Why do you think blacks are so lazy?
Time to ignore, I think. You have nothing useful to say and are boring.

well bye.gif

Well, there's quite a bit of time to get ID to vote for president in America. I'm sure people have time to either drive, walk, cycle, thumb a lift, jog, car share, get the bus, catch a train etc..

Surely folk can manage a few hours there and a few hours back before the election.

Democracy is simply having a vote to elect someone on your behalf. Unfortunately, the tiny minority try to abuse the system. Happens everywhere in life. And thus why ID exists in various areas in life.

Do people twine about getting adequate ID to buy alcohol, or to open a bank account? So if folk can manage ID in a whole raft of areas in everyday life, why is ID for voting singled out as being tricky?
There's a lot of people who can't afford to take a day off to get an ID. It's just the reality.

There's a lot of people who can't afford to take a day off to get an ID. It's just the reality.
Nor the added expense of sourcing the necessary documents. It's a perfect example of Lee Atwater's scenario, except talking about voter fraud and all the proposed restrictions. But it still mean blacks get hurt worse than whites.

You start out in 1954 by saying, “******, ******, ******.” By 1968 you can’t say “******”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “******, ******.”

Why has Biden flooded the USA with illegals?

They are votes for him. Even if he gets half of them, they are his voters. He welcomes illegals. Watch this video and tell me if Chris Cuomo is a Democrat or Republican. Listen to him go all out to have no voter ID. HE knows who they vote for.

This is a discussion among those who want no Voter ID vs those who want it and explain why it is needed.

Because their base is dead people ,illegals , Dotards who can't function ,and double voters.

Ballots are mailed out well ahead of Election Day, and thus voters have an “election period,” not just a single day, to vote. Mostly-mail elections can be thought of as absentee voting for everyone. This system is also referred to as “vote by mail.”

• Eight states—California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Vermont and Washington and the District of Columbia—allow all elections to be conducted entirely by mail.
  • Two states—Nebraska and North Dakota—permit counties to opt into conducting elections by mail.
There is nothing wrong with vote by mail.

Prove it!

Undocumented immigrants are allowed to vote in local elections in some municipalities​

Undocumented immigrants and other noncitizens can’t vote for federal or state offices, but they can vote for local offices in more than a dozen municipalities.

Undocumented immigrants are allowed to vote in local elections in some municipalities​

Undocumented immigrants and other noncitizens can’t vote for federal or state offices, but they can vote for local offices in more than a dozen municipalities.
So what! They contribute heavily to local economies.

Forum List

Back