What Reason Would A Gag Order Be Placed On Trump?

Yes, that can happen. So far the higher court has said it is good to go.

But hey, I am on board with this, everyone from this point on just gets to ignore any law they do not like.

I am going to make it to work today in record time!
Sure, and if you get a ticket, just show the judge the part of the constitution that covers speeding.

Sure, and if you get a ticket, just show the judge the part of the constitution that covers speeding.

It is not there, so they cannot ticket me for it!

Damn, why did we all not think of this before...everyone ignore any law you do not like...life is going to be so much more interesting when we all start to do what you say we should be doing.

It is not there, so they cannot ticket me for it!
It is there, and they can.

Tenth Amendment Rights Reserved to the States and the People

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Now if the DOJ gives you a speeding ticket, you have a leg to stand on.

Hey, make your case. But to have a case to make, you would have to defy the law and be willing to take the consequences.

Like Trump.

Except that he is not defying the law. A judge's order is not the law. Especially when it goes against THE law, the Constitution.
Damn, why did we all not think of this before...everyone ignore any law you do not like...life is going to be so much more interesting when we all start to do what you say we should be doing.
Stop sealioning!

You should be addressing that to your imaginary friend. The one who said "everyone can ignore any law you do not like."

I already explained why Trump should ignore the judge's gag order, you ignored that explanation.

Other than to silence him so he won't expose all of the liberals trying to imprison him for nothing. I asked this question in another thread but I wanted to also make a new thread about it to give more people the chance to answer it. (People on the left mostly.) So, anybody got anything? :popcorn:

Edit: (Because I can) Bonus question: Why are they even holding a criminal trial for Trump supposedly cheating on his wife anyways?
He is running for President silly, so stop him from doing so with a gag order.

It's not rocket science.

It's all about protecting democracy don't ya know.

The same reason gag orders are usually put in place. To protect the integrity of the proceedings. To prevent witnesses or members of the jury from being intimidated.
They don't care. They just want to complain and play the victim.

All the threats to judges, witnesses, attorneys and prosectors have just been fake news. They'll deny all of it. That's the conditioning.

Other than to silence him so he won't expose all of the liberals trying to imprison him for nothing. I asked this question in another thread but I wanted to also make a new thread about it to give more people the chance to answer it. (People on the left mostly.) So, anybody got anything? :popcorn:

Edit: (Because I can) Bonus question: Why are they even holding a criminal trial for Trump supposedly cheating on his wife anyways?
/----/ I choose the bonus question. It's all designed to slime Trump during the campaign. And, it’s all falling apart. SNICKER

Bragg’s team of unscrupulous prosecutors called this untrustworthy witness for only one purpose: to slime Trump. That’s obvious. Because none of what she had to say on the stand Tuesday has anything to do with the charges against Trump —charges that don’t even constitute crimes under the law.

BRAGG PROSECUTOR LEADING STORMY DANIELS QUESTIONING IN TRUMP TRIAL DONATED TO BIDEN, DEMOCRATS

The indictment accuses Trump of falsifying business records. Forget that there was nothing false about them. They were legal payments in exchange for a legal document that was negotiated by two lawyers and booked as "legal expenses" because that is what they were. The Trump Organization accountant who handled it corroborated it when he testified on Monday.

Last edited:
Stormy Daniel's testimony was devastating for Trump.

No wonder his defense lawyers screamed for a mistrial.
/----/ So, how in the world does Daniels fit in to this sordid mess? She doesn’t. She was never privy to the internal accounting of the payments she received from Trump’s then-attorney, Michael Cohen. She adds nothing to the case except to smear him with humiliating stories about her supposed transient encounter.

/----/ I choose the bonus question. It's all designed to slime Trump during the campaign. And, it;s all falling apart. SNICKER

Bragg’s team of unscrupulous prosecutors called this untrustworthy witness for only one purpose: to slime Trump. That’s obvious. Because none of what she had to say on the stand Tuesday has anything to do with the charges against Trump —charges that don’t even constitute crimes under the law.

BRAGG PROSECUTOR LEADING STORMY DANIELS QUESTIONING IN TRUMP TRIAL DONATED TO BIDEN, DEMOCRATS

The indictment accuses Trump of falsifying business records. Forget that there was nothing false about them. They were legal payments in exchange for a legal document that was negotiated by two lawyers and booked as "legal expenses" because that is what they were. The Trump Organization accountant who handled it corroborated it when he testified on Monday.

A payoff isn't a legal expense.

Trump's whole defense is that he never knew Stormy Daniels and that Cohen took it upon himself to pay her off without his knowledge.

This defense was partially blown apart by Daniels's detailed account of events in question... how he dangled an appearance on Celebrity Apprentice to entice her to his room and then had sex with her. Seriously, this is what they threw Weinstein in jail for!!!

The gag order is for attacks on witnesses and juries and family of the prosecutor and judge and witnesses and jury. Bragg and Merchan are ok targets.

And is not curbing his campaigning or political speech....
/---/ And yet extends to his family, who are not involved in this farce trail.

/----/ So, how in the world does Daniels fit in to this sordid mess? She doesn’t. She was never privy to the internal accounting of the payments she received from Trump’s then-attorney, Michael Cohen. She adds nothing to the case except to smear him with humiliating stories about her supposed transient encounter.

Trump's whole defense is

"I never met her, she's not my type, she's a horseface and Cohen did this all on his own and then billed me for legal expenses that I had no idea what they were for."

Well, this blows away the first part of this. The meticulous questioning of Trump Org people show that this man never approved any expenses without knowing exactly what they were for.

A payoff isn't a legal expense.

Trump's whole defense is that he never knew Stormy Daniels and that Cohen took it upon himself to pay her off without his knowledge.

This defense was partially blown apart by Daniels's detailed account of events in question... how he dangled an appearance on Celebrity Apprentice to entice her to his room and then had sex with her. Seriously, this is what they threw Weinstein in jail for!!!
/----/ I take the word of the author, Gregg Jarrett, who is a Fox News legal analyst and commentator, and formerly worked as a defense attorney and adjunct law professor.
Your biased opinion, which is not backed up in any way, is cute, but meaningless.

/----/ I take the word of the author, Gregg Jarrett, who is a Fox News legal analyst and commentator, and formerly worked as a defense attorney and adjunct law professor.
Your biased opinion, which is not backed up in any way, is cute, but meaningless.

Again, someone who works for Fox News might as well be wearing fishnets and a short red dress.

Trump's lawyers asked for a mistrial, that's how badly this testimony went for them. Even they know it was devastating.

The gag order is for attacks on witnesses and juries and family of the prosecutor and judge and witnesses and jury. Bragg and Merchan are ok targets.

And is not curbing his campaigning or political speech....
He and they are pretending it's a general gag order.

Well, they're pretending, or they're ignorant.

As usual.

He and they are pretending it's a general gag order.

Well, they're pretending, or they're ignorant.

As usual.
Just like their dear leader.

Donald Trump Says He Will Testify in Hush-Money Trial​

1715170862814.png
The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com › 2024/04/12 › nyregion › tr...

Apr 12, 2024 — Jury selection begins Monday in the prosecution of Donald J. Trump on charges of covering up a sex scandal. He said he would try to sway ...

Trump Falsely Says He Isn't Allowed To Testify In Hush ...​

1715170975677.png
Forbes
https://www.forbes.com › Business

6 days ago — I'm not allowed as a presidential candidate—the leading candidate, the Republican Party nominee, and the one who's leading Biden by a ...

Judge corrects Trump's claim that gag order prevents his ...​

1715171009016.png
The Hill
https://thehill.com › regulation › court-battles › 464137...

5 days ago — The judge handling former President Trump's hush money case clarified Friday that Trump is allowed to testify during the trial, ...

Forum List

Back