House passes bill to expand definition of antisemitism amid growing campus protests over Gaza war

That's what all the antisemites say.
Sure. You sound like an authoritarian shutting down dissent by labeling criticism of a nation "antisemitic". No other nation has that special protected status.

What will you shut down next?

It does not equate criticism of Israel with antisemitism. With regard to Israel, here are the examples of what may be antisemitic:

What is Anti-Semitism Relative to Israel?​

EXAMPLES of the ways in which anti-Semitism manifests itself with regard to the state of Israel, taking into account the overall context could include:

DEMONIZE ISRAEL:

• Using the symbols and images associated with classic anti-Semitism to characterize Israel or Israelis
  • Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis

Yet we can draw comparisons between other nations and peoples to the Nazis.

• Blaming Israel for all inter-religious or political tensions
Yet we can and do, blame others for all that (for example Muslims).

Do you see the problem here?

DOUBLE STANDARD FOR ISRAEL:

• Applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation
Agree. It should be held to the same standards and rights as any other democratic nation.

• Multilateral organizations focusing on Israel only for peace or human rights investigations
Disagree. There are other nations where the focus is only that (Iran for example).

DELEGITIMIZE ISRAEL:

• Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, and denying Israel the right to exist
Agree.

However, criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other country cannot be regarded as anti-Semitic.

What part of that limits legitimate criticism of Israel?

Sure. You sound like an authoritarian shutting down dissent by labeling criticism of a nation "antisemitic". No other nation has that special protected status.

As always, your post is grounded firmly in ignorance and bigotry. There is nothing in the IHRA definition of antisemitism that shuts down criticism on Israel.

Not if he gets the simple message out:

You can't equate criticism of Israel with anti semitism. It just won't stand.

That's the rub ... I can say anything I want about Jews just as long as I put it in a context of criticizing "Zionists" .

Try to call me out on referring to bloodthirsty Jews, genocidal Jews, duplicitous Jews ... and I will counter with, "You're trying to stifle my free speech against Zionists" .

Nothing has been shut down. You remain free to make all the antisemitic remarks you like. Were you better informed, you would know that the US adopted the IHRA definition of antisemitism back in 2010 under Obama, and it has clearly not inhibited your antisemitic rants, so why all the fuss now?

^^^ and there goes the mod, who has called me “Princess,” calling me a bigot.

The biggest crisis in bigotry right now is antisemitism. Strange how you deflect from that to bring up Islamophobia, which is not even close to the same level.

Let the Arab countries take the Gazans. Why should America get stuck with more antisemites? This is just a blatant vote-buying attempt by Biden, for the Michigan Muslimsl He doesn’t give a flying F what the Jews are suffering right now. And that it will make things even WORSE for Jews.
We disagree about President Biden. I am sure he is looking forward to signing this bill into law.

We disagree about President Biden. I am sure he is looking forward to signing this bill into law.
In normal times I would agree with you, but he is in full campaign mode now and his rhetorical turn against Israel has helped his numbers in Michigan, so it will be a close call.

Right wing Jew hate is an affliction of failures. The right wing Jew hater has spent his life watching Jews get better grades, better jobs, and better incomes. Now he fears being fired from his job and replaced by a more intelligent, better paid Jew who will perform his job faster, better, and with less effort.

This is not the way a white Gentile at Columbia University thinks.

Also, right wing Jew haters think Jews are leading social movements they oppose, such as civil rights, feminism, and gay rights. These are popular causes at elite universities.

I am proud to say that I have been banned from three white nationalist websites. They did not like being reminded of the racial superiority of the Ashkenazim. :)

A hate crime against Negroes can be posting unflattering facts about the Negro race.

It is not possible to post unflattering facts about Jews because there are none.

I mention Jew hate, rather than antisemitism. Palestinians are Semites. The only Palestinians I care about are Christian Palestinians.

Last edited:
In normal times I would agree with you, but he is in full campaign mode now and his rhetorical turn against Israel has helped his numbers in Michigan, so it will be a close call.
Biden, who I voted for in 2020, and will vote for again, thinks he can support both sides in the conflict between Israel and Palestine, and he cannot.

And what other nation is falsely being accused of “genocide”? Only the Jewish state. That extends beyond mere “criticism” - it is a nasty lie, being driven by and promoting antisemitism.

And you are objecting to shutting down the threatening anti-Jew crowds yelling “gas the Jews” and assaulting them, blocking their way, pushing them off the sidewalk? You call THAT mere dissent?

You sure are very tolerant of antisemitism, couching it as “dissent.”

But it will be a weakened version - one that just references bigotry instead of only antisemitism.

Remember when BLM supporters objected to people saying that All Lives Matter? That’s because they wanted the focus to be on just blacks.

But when it is hundreds if not thousands of Jews who are being threatened, assaulted, bullied, subjected to Nazi calls of gas the Jews, pushed off sidewalks, blocked from entering campus, the Democrats will broaden the new bill to include Muslims and blacks and gays.

Then, the leftists will proclaim that a bill has been passed to condemn anti-Muslim bigotry. Gotta get those Muslim votes in Michigan!

And what other nation is falsely being accused of “genocide”? Only the Jewish state. That extends beyond mere “criticism” - it is a nasty lie, being driven by and promoting antisemitism.

Actually, by the standards that Slobodan Milosevic was charged with genocide and arrested, Bibi would be equally liable.

And you are objecting to shutting down the threatening anti-Jew crowds yelling “gas the Jews” and assaulting them, blocking their way, pushing them off the sidewalk? You call THAT mere dissent?
Boo-hoo, they hurt my feelings!!!

Free speech is free speech. I don't like 90% of what I hear coming out of MAGA Pie holes, but I don't want the government passing a law banning them from saying it.

I am glad that Israel and the Children of Israel have bi partisan support in the United States. Hate speech and hate crimes against Jews and Israel should be broadly defined and severely punished. Students who demonstrate in favor of Hamas should be permanently expelled in ways that make it difficult for them to be admitted to other universities.
You had me until you wanted more severe punishments for anti-semitism, than for racism.
What about "equal" protection under law.

If you want to keep anti-semities off college campuses, you also have to keep racists away.
And then you have to keep anti-immigrants away. And then the misogynists.

And pretty soon, you won't have anybody left to teach.

You had me until you wanted more severe punishments for anti-semitism, than for racism.
What about "equal" protection under law.

If you want to keep anti-semities off college campuses, you also have to keep racists away.
And then you have to keep anti-immigrants away. And then the misogynists.

And pretty soon, you won't have anybody left to teach.

Hector doesn't seem to get that the kinds of laws he wants can be equally applied to racists like himself.

Hector doesn't seem to get that the kinds of laws he wants can be equally applied to racists like himself.
And as you said the same goes for hate speech. It's not just a slippery slope, it's a ski resort in Colorado.

Tired of seeing America side with a Genocidal Theocratic state.

Nothing wrong with me at all.

If what the Zionist Squatters were doing wasn't totally wrong, you wouldn't by trying to squelch anyone talking about it.
Other than Lebanon (before the Pali "refugees" arrived) what other Haji state has turned the land that they occupy into a garden?

I don't count Egypt what with their natural advantages but even they are not all that when compared with what Israel has done with their land and the lands won in wars of extinction conducted by the Haji states.

You Sir, are a first order fool.....You are on the wrong side of everything....Quite the "accomplishment" in itself really. The only person that can hold a candle to you in that regard is FJB.

Other than Lebanon (before the Pali "refugees" arrived) what other Haji state has turned the land that they occupy into a garden?
Why does that matter?

Is it okay if I take your house without compensation on the theory I can do something better with it?

I don't count Egypt what with their natural advantages but even they are not all that when compared with what Israel has done with their land and the lands won in wars of extinction conducted by the Haji states.

Actually, the "made the desert" bloom is Zionist propaganda. The area has been known since antiquity as the Fertile Cresent.

Not that his matters. A bunch of Europeans stealing someone else's land because their fellow Europeans couldn't stand living with them anymore isn't logical.

You Sir, are a first order fool.....You are on the wrong side of everything....Quite the "accomplishment" in itself really. The only person that can hold a candle to you in that regard is FJB.

I'm still wondering why we need to destroy the First Amendment because the sensitive feelings of Jews are being hurt.

Why does that matter?

Is it okay if I take your house without compensation on the theory I can do something better with it?

Actually, the "made the desert" bloom is Zionist propaganda. The area has been known since antiquity as the Fertile Cresent.

Not that his matters. A bunch of Europeans stealing someone else's land because their fellow Europeans couldn't stand living with them anymore isn't logical.

I'm still wondering why we need to destroy the First Amendment because the sensitive feelings of Jews are being hurt.
Yep, your failure is confirmed......Still a fool of the first order.....FJB should hire you as an advisor.

Forum List

Back