Kristi and the goat

When I read these stories I can't help but think about the psycho who came outside and killed that girl because she accidentally pulled into the wrong driveway. If you don't have psychological or emotional control, perhaps guns shouldn't be in your proximity. What if she is cut off on her way to.work?
She shot an old stinker (male goat past it's use by date). It was not a "spur of the moment"; it was a decision probably put off to a more opportune time.

Gee you city folk don't know much. It was probably nearly feral. lol

Greg

No, I believe that needlessly killing ANY animal is wrong. But I know I'm in a very tiny minority here, as a vegan. My point was that probably 95% of the people bashing Noem do basically the same thing on a daily basis, just indirectly.
Yeah; a farm is not a vegan mecca in most cases. But feral cats, useless farm dogs and old male goats are basically:

Dalek Exterminate GIF - Dalek Exterminate Doctorwho GIFs

But you are right; most dumping on Kristi are just doing politics...and fair enough. Obama ate puppies!!! lol

Greg

Attachments

• 1714968286099.png
    1714968286099.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 2
We just have different definitions of "needless".

You mad at the bear that eats the salmon alive?

Or the bobcat that eats the deer?

Or the hawk that eats the mouse?

No, I'm not mad at them because animals in the wild do it for survival. In the overwhelming majority of cases, humans do it out of tradition, habit or just because they like it. So it's not the same thing in my view.

Don't get me wrong though, it's not that I want to argue about this right now, just replying to your reply to me. :)

I've never been angry with you.

We have opposing beliefs.

You do you and stand up for what you believe in.

I'll do the same.

Yes, I know. And I'm used to it...have an opposing belief, that is. Believe it or not, I almost never start threads on this topic. I will post on a thread that someone else already started, but I usually don't go out of my way to start up debates on this topic. I have a place where I share my views (YouTube channel, website, instagram) for anyone who wants to listen.

No, I'm not mad at them because animals in the wild do it for survival. In the overwhelming majority of cases, humans do it out of tradition, habit or just because they like it. So it's not the same thing in my view.

Don't get me wrong though, it's not that I want to argue about this right now, just replying to your reply to me. :)

Yes, I know. And I'm used to it...have an opposing belief, that is. Believe it or not, I almost never start threads on this topic. I will post on a thread that someone else already started, but I usually don't go out of my way to start up debates on this topic. I have a place where I share my views (YouTube channel, website, instagram) for anyone who wants to listen.

:thup:

Don't get me wrong either...I have much respect for folks that live by their beliefs.

So shooting the dog was bad enough, but apparently her desire ti kill wasn't satisfied after the dog, so she went and got a goat. A goat that was apparently doing nothing except existing in her line of sight when she wanted something else to kill.

“Walking back up to the yard, I spotted our billy goat,” Noem wrote.

The nameless goat’s only sin in that moment was being in Noem’s field of view.

In the book, Noem tried to justify her snap decision to kill the goat by writing that it “loved to chase” her children and would “knock them down and butt them,” leaving them “terrified.” The animal also had a “wretched smell.”

But apparently none of that had been a big enough problem to do anything about it. Not until Noem got angry enough to kill a dog and decided she needed to kill again.

Noem says she “dragged” the goat to the gravel pit, “tied him to a post,” and shot at him. But the goat jumped when she shot.

“My shot was off and I needed one more shell to finish the job,” she wrote.

She studiously avoided saying she wounded the goat with the first shot, but that’s the implication.

“Not wanting him to suffer,” she added — apparently experiencing her first twinge of feeling, after saying that killing the dog was not “pleasant” — “I hustled back across the pasture to the pickup, grabbed another shell, hurried back to the gravel pit, and put him down.”

The goat story not only reflects a disturbing lack of self-control, but also raises a question of law.
What's next? An aide or page in the governors office?
KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!

Greg

I dont see why this is such a big deal. The dog killed someone elses animal, and it bit her. Dogs get put down for biting people all the time.
Hopefully she ate that goat :p

Forum List

Back