Kristi and the goat

Amazing how the story of poor Cricket keeps evolving.
It has gone from the dog snapping at her to the second coming of Cujo
I didnt imply that. Pretty sad you have to use hyperbole to get your "point" across.

Did she say the dog bit someone in her book?

Does killing the dog or the goat make sense to you?
The dog, yes. If the goat was hurting her kids, I dont blame her. But I have never been around goats, so I dont really know how rough they can get. Thats why I said I hope she ate the thing.

I didnt imply that. Pretty sad you have to use hyperbole to get your "point" across.

You did claim the dog bit her which her story in the book never said. It also said nothing about repeated incidents of aggressive behavior.
In her book, she seems most upset that the puppy ruined her hunt.

You did claim the dog bit her which her story in the book never said. It also said nothing about repeated incidents of aggressive behavior.

Damn. Hunting must be very important to her.

“Given that Cricket had shown aggressive behavior toward people by biting them” – Noem says the dog “whipped around to bite me” after killing the chickens – “I decided what I did.”
So the dog bit multiple people, then tried to bite her.
Its also a class 2 misdemeanor in south dakota for a dog to kill, chase etc someone elses chickens.

What a ridiculous comment. If Kristi Noem had passed the problem animals onto a shelter the results would be the same only the animals would have suffered more stress before being euthanized. You have anger and accusations for Noem but nothing for the Bidens who kept a clearly vicious dog that bit 24 people.

Her dog chased chickens.

So shooting the dog was bad enough, but apparently her desire ti kill wasn't satisfied after the dog, so she went and got a goat. A goat that was apparently doing nothing except existing in her line of sight when she wanted something else to kill.

“Walking back up to the yard, I spotted our billy goat,” Noem wrote.

The nameless goat’s only sin in that moment was being in Noem’s field of view.

In the book, Noem tried to justify her snap decision to kill the goat by writing that it “loved to chase” her children and would “knock them down and butt them,” leaving them “terrified.” The animal also had a “wretched smell.”

But apparently none of that had been a big enough problem to do anything about it. Not until Noem got angry enough to kill a dog and decided she needed to kill again.

Noem says she “dragged” the goat to the gravel pit, “tied him to a post,” and shot at him. But the goat jumped when she shot.

“My shot was off and I needed one more shell to finish the job,” she wrote.

She studiously avoided saying she wounded the goat with the first shot, but that’s the implication.

“Not wanting him to suffer,” she added — apparently experiencing her first twinge of feeling, after saying that killing the dog was not “pleasant” — “I hustled back across the pasture to the pickup, grabbed another shell, hurried back to the gravel pit, and put him down.”

The goat story not only reflects a disturbing lack of self-control, but also raises a question of law.
What's next? An aide or page in the governors office?
she only carried 1 round? does she think she is annie oakley?

KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!KILL THE GOAT NOT THE BABIES!!!

Greg
What babies?

So shooting the dog was bad enough, but apparently her desire ti kill wasn't satisfied after the dog, so she went and got a goat. A goat that was apparently doing nothing except existing in her line of sight when she wanted something else to kill.

“Walking back up to the yard, I spotted our billy goat,” Noem wrote.

The nameless goat’s only sin in that moment was being in Noem’s field of view.

In the book, Noem tried to justify her snap decision to kill the goat by writing that it “loved to chase” her children and would “knock them down and butt them,” leaving them “terrified.” The animal also had a “wretched smell.”

But apparently none of that had been a big enough problem to do anything about it. Not until Noem got angry enough to kill a dog and decided she needed to kill again.

Noem says she “dragged” the goat to the gravel pit, “tied him to a post,” and shot at him. But the goat jumped when she shot.

“My shot was off and I needed one more shell to finish the job,” she wrote.

She studiously avoided saying she wounded the goat with the first shot, but that’s the implication.

“Not wanting him to suffer,” she added — apparently experiencing her first twinge of feeling, after saying that killing the dog was not “pleasant” — “I hustled back across the pasture to the pickup, grabbed another shell, hurried back to the gravel pit, and put him down.”

The goat story not only reflects a disturbing lack of self-control, but also raises a question of law.
What's next? An aide or page in the governors office?
Why Kristi Noem Killed the Dog and the Goat

Kristi Noem killed her dog and goat for different reasons, as described in various sources:

Killing the Dog (Cricket):
  • Noem described Cricket as untrainable, dangerous to anyone she came in contact with, and less than worthless as a hunting dog. She mentioned that Cricket had shown aggressive behavior toward people by biting them and had ruined a pheasant hunt and killed a neighbor's chickens. Noem stated that South Dakota law allows dogs who attack and kill livestock to be put down, and given Cricket's behavior, she decided to put her down.
  • Noem also mentioned that she hated the dog and realized she had to put her down, leading Cricket to a gravel pit and shooting her.

Killing the Goat:
- Noem justified her decision to kill the goat by writing that it loved to chase her children, would knock them down, and butt them, leaving them terrified. She also mentioned that the animal had a wretched smell. Noem dragged the goat to a gravel pit and shot it, but the goat jumped away and survived. She then retrieved another shell and put the goat down.

In summary, Kristi Noem's decision to kill the dog and the goat was based on their behavior and the potential danger they posed to her family and livestock.

==> It seems that South Dakota has no muzzles for dogs. So she killed her dog. Make sense? lol. :)

==> Now the goat, it seems violence is often her first choice, not the last. She's probably a demolition woman. lol. :)

Sources :

1. https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/26/politics/kristi-noem-south-dakota-book-killing-dog/index.html

2. Kristi Noem Killed Her Dog. Why Is She Telling Us This?

3. Noem’s dog killing was bad, but to really understand her, consider the goat • Kansas Reflector

4. Kristi Noem Faces Backlash Over Killing Her Own Dog

1715034676228.png

Forum List

Back