How do you reconcile a FEDERAL law legalizing abortion with the Tenth Amendment?

The 10A in its entirety says:
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to
the people."

Since abortion is never mentioned or implied anywhere in the constitution, it is a state issue. Any attempt by the feds to legalize it will be struck down by the Supreme Court.
Too don’t reconcile it, you follow the cotus. Abortion should be a state issue, and we are seeing states revamp their ideas…look at what just happened in Arizona

Until Republicans make it one. Then you’ll thing differently
No, I’ll think the same. I’ve been consistent that I disagree with a national abortion ban, for the same reason I support Dobbs.

The 10A in its entirety says:
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to
the people."

Since abortion is never mentioned or implied anywhere in the constitution, it is a state issue. Any attempt by the feds to legalize it will be struck down by the Supreme Court.
Where does the constitution say abortion is illegal?

No, I’ll think the same. I’ve been consistent that I disagree with a national abortion ban, for the same reason I support Dobbs.
You say that now

Just like people like you said Roe would never be overturned.

Republicans simply can not be trusted

Even republicans admit that

Where does the constitution say abortion is illegal?
You missed the point. The federal constitution never says anything about abortion and that means, by the 10A, it's a state issue. Each state must be allowed its own rules on abortion. If a state wants to make abortion legal up to birth, they should be allowed to do that. Other states may choose to ban abortion entirely.

You missed the point. The federal constitution never says anything about abortion and that means, by the 10A, it's a state issue. Each state must be allowed its own rules on abortion. If a state wants to make abortion legal up to birth, they should be allowed to do that. Other states may choose to ban abortion entirely.

The Constitution doesn’t say the state can mandate you wear a green shirt either--it doesn’t mention clothing at all... so by your “logic” states can force you to wear green shirts, baseball caps, the Star of David...that would play well in Red States.

Then May I assume you are against capital punishment???
I guess you missed the word "innocent" in my comment??

the more you sick fucks talk the more I am convinced the world would be a better place without you,,,

if its your child I fully support abortion,,
have at it,,

I guess you missed the word "innocent" in my comment??

the more you sick fucks talk the more I am convinced the world would be a better place without you,,,

if its your child I fully support abortion,,
have at it,,
SO if I get your message,
If your a member of a political group who THINKS differently than you do, its ok to have an abortion?
But you are pro capital punishment?
What happened to that most popular Christian slogan being spoken now?
HATE the sin, forgive the sinner?

SO if I get your message,
If your a member of a political group who THINKS differently than you do, its ok to have an abortion?
But you are pro capital punishment?
What happened to that most popular Christian slogan being spoken now?
HATE the sin, forgive the sinner?
you have it all wrong,,

I dont need a political group or religion to know you dont murder innocent children,,

but for you I might make an exception,,

Forum List

Back