Advice needed on what to do with 1/4 of a cow

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
So, I have never bought beef in bulk like this, but a co-worker of my wife gets a 1/2 a cow each year and this year the person buying one of the other 1/4s had moved so they cannot. So we are going to do it.

Anyone here ever do this? How do you get it sliced? What cuts are the best way to go?

So, I have never bought beef in bulk like this, but a co-worker of my wife gets a 1/2 a cow each year and this year the person buying one of the other 1/4s had moved so they cannot. So we are going to do it.

Anyone here ever do this? How do you get it sliced? What cuts are the best way to go?
1714570887793.png

Wow.....I bet you wished that you had paid more attention to the oldsters right about now. :laughing0301:

Jokes aside....Just contact your local butcher or processor and they will tell you what you need to know.....Expect a processing fee of .50 cent or better a pound.

Processing fees are ridiculous these days. They're getting over $150 just to process a deer through deer season.

Find some Amish, they'll do it cheaper.

I'd google "how to make a Smashburger" too

I bet theres some good youtube tutorials on how to handle your cow

You may want to look into the package you are purchasing. In this area, when you buy bulk beef, the implied purchase is for already butchered meat.

One person buys half a cow, the other two portions are a quarter each, but the entire price should include the butchering. If not, you may want to rethink the entire sale.

theses guys will tell you all you need to know..

I'm surprised you don't know what to do with a 1/4 cow.... you have a cow every time we debate...
but here ya go...

Take it to a butcher and make sure and tell him how many people are in your family...

Why are you killing the planet by eating meat?

Find a butcher shop that does the work.

I'm surprised you don't know what to do with a 1/4 cow.... you have a cow every time we debate...
but here ya go...

Take it to a butcher and make sure and tell him how many people are in your family...

It is being done in the processing plant that the guy from my wife's work always uses. We trust him when he tells us they do a great job for a good price.

I get a 1/4 Angus steer every year. Just have a meat processor cut/and wrap it for you. It's a small fee that's attached.
You'll have plenty of steaks/roasts/and burger.
Only way to go IMO when it comes to buying beef.

Forum List

Back