Or Maybe They Were Just Being Nice

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
So, on Mondays after school I sponsor one of the many student-run clubs the school has. Each club has to have a faculty sponsor just to keep an eye on things, so I help out a new club that a student in one of my beginner-level classes is trying to get going. This particular club has a number of students who are Muslim, so I promised them that after Ramadan I would personally cook them some halal food as a sort of mini Eid. The way the calendar played out, we didn't have time to feast before April vacation, so I finally made good on my promise this past Monday. I got rave reviews for my tandoori chicken and masala meatballs. Of course, even if the students were not so fond of the food they would likely have given positive feedback just to be polite.

There were a few left over meatballs I had for lunch on Tuesday. Very spicy!

So, on Mondays after school I sponsor one of the many student-run clubs the school has. Each club has to have a faculty sponsor just to keep an eye on things, so I help out a new club that a student in one of my beginner-level classes is trying to get going. This particular club has a number of students who are Muslim, so I promised them that after Ramadan I would personally cook them some halal food as a sort of mini Eid. The way the calendar played out, we didn't have time to feast before April vacation, so I finally made good on my promise this past Monday. I got rave reviews for my tandoori chicken and masala meatballs. Of course, even if the students were not so fond of the food they would likely have given positive feedback just to be polite.

Muslims aren't all the same.

Some of them are pretty nice.

Whats a masala meatball? It sounds intriguing.

Forum List

Back