Zodiac Killer, Long-Sought Bay Area Serial Murderer, Identified By Cold-Case Task Force

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Zodiac Killer, Long-Sought Bay Area Serial Murderer, Identified By Cold-Case Task Force​

Bruce Haring
Wed, October 6, 2021, 8:02 PM

A cold-case task force led by former FBI agents and retired law enforcement officials claims they have finally uncovered the identity of the mysterious Zodiac Killer.

The arch criminal terrorized Northern California in the late 1960s in a series of random murders, but grew in notoriety because of his cryptic notes to authorities and media. He has never been identified by authorities, who only recently cracked the code on one of his letters.

Why isn't this a bigger deal. This was a huge deal back then. Books, movies, conspiracy theories all over. Like Jack the ripper

Zodiac Killer, Long-Sought Bay Area Serial Murderer, Identified By Cold-Case Task Force​

Bruce Haring
Wed, October 6, 2021, 8:02 PM

A cold-case task force led by former FBI agents and retired law enforcement officials claims they have finally uncovered the identity of the mysterious Zodiac Killer.

The arch criminal terrorized Northern California in the late 1960s in a series of random murders, but grew in notoriety because of his cryptic notes to authorities and media. He has never been identified by authorities, who only recently cracked the code on one of his letters.

Why isn't this a bigger deal. This was a huge deal back then. Books, movies, conspiracy theories all over. Like Jack the ripper

The suspect here has long since assumed Room Temperature.

It seems easy enough for this task force to assign this series of heinous crimes to someone who can't defend themselves in court.

My guess is that they were investigating to see if Mr. Poste had any living relatives ready to sue their asses for libel and came up negative.

The group of retired cops think they have the right guy.

The FBI is leaving the case open.

Looks like there isn't enough proof.

The Zodiac Killer hated Joe Biden
zodiacfjblol2.jpg

I disregarded their findings as they didn't get in-depth into the ciphers. Even the Zodiac movie did more. The cracking of the 340 ciper was impressive -- After 51 years, the Zodiac Killer's cipher has been solved by amateur code breakers.

Both the Robert Greysmith and Tom Voigt's books are good; The latter gives official documents and has zodiackiller.com website. I think the best suspect is ALA, but he was cleared by handwriting and fingerprints. I don't think we can identify the killer with the evidence on the main suspects unless something else is found. Is his name in one of the ciphers???!!!???!!!

Here's an Arthur Leigh Allen video from 1991. He doesn't sound like the Zodiac. I worked across the street from Morti's around that time and frequented the place after work. Maybe Paul Avery influenced me although I didn't talk with him about it at the time. I'm still trying to remember if Robert Greysmith was there. He would've been older than me at the time, too. He may have been there, but his face isn't familiar.

Forum List

Back