Zionism's Dead End: Separation and Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
"In 1895 Theodor Herzl, Zionism's chief prophet, confided in his diary that he did not favour sharing Palestine with the natives. Better, he wrote, to 'try to spirit the penniless [Palestinian] population across the border by denying it any employment in our own country Both the process of expropriation and the removal of the poor must be carried out discreetly and circumspectly.'"

What the Founding Father of today's Jewish state was saying in 1895 was that separation of the Arab majority from their land and homes was not entirely dependent upon denying the majority their rights to labor; there was and still is the mutually reinforcing "solutions" of transfer and separation to achieve the pure Jewish nation state stretching from the River to the sea.

Zionism's Dead End by Jonathan Cook

Not so. The arabs in Israel are pretty happy thank you.
Not so much the Arab children of Khan Younis, thank you:

"Journalist Chris Hedges, in his 'Gaza Diary,' published in Harpers describes one incident that reveals the attitude Israeli soldiers have toward killing Palestinian children:

"It is still. The camp waits, as if holding its breath. And then, out of the dry furnace air, a disembodied voice crackles over a loudspeaker.

"'Come on, dogs,' the voice booms in Arabic. 'Where are all the dogs of Khan Younis? Come! Come!'

"I stand up. I walk outside the hut. The invective continues to spew: 'Son of a bitch!' 'Son of a whore!' 'Your mother's ****!'"

"The boys dart in small packs up the sloping dunes to the electric fence that separates the camp from the Jewish settlement. They lob rocks toward two armored jeeps parked on top of the dune and mounted with loudspeakers.

"Three ambulances line the road below the dunes in anticipation of what is to come.

"A percussion grenade explodes.

"The boys, most no more than ten or eleven years old, scatter, running clumsily across the heavy sand. They descend out of sight behind a sandbank in front of me. There are no sounds of gunfire. The soldiers shoot with silencers. The bullets from the M-16 rifles tumble end over end through the children's slight bodies.

"Later, in the hospital, I will see the destruction: the stomachs ripped out, the gaping holes in limbs and torsos.

"Yesterday at this spot the Israelis shot eight young men, six of whom were under the age of eighteen. One was twelve. This afternoon they kill an eleven-year-old boy, Ali Murad, and seriously wound four more, three of whom are under eighteen.

"Children have been shot in other conflicts I have covered- death squads gunned them down in El Salvador and Guatemala, mothers with infants were lined up and massacred in Algeria, and Serb snipers put children in their sights and watched them crumple onto the pavement in Sarajevo-but I have never before watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport.'"

Celebrate the Heroic Jew's Dead End.

Last edited:

"Journalist Chris Hedges, in his 'Gaza Diary,' published in Harpers describes one incident that reveals the attitude Israeli soldiers have toward killing Palestinian children:

"It is still. The camp waits, as if holding its breath. And then, out of the dry furnace air, a disembodied voice crackles over a loudspeaker.

"'Come on, dogs,' the voice booms in Arabic. 'Where are all the dogs of Khan Younis? Come! Come!'

"I stand up. I walk outside the hut. The invective continues to spew: 'Son of a bitch!' 'Son of a whore!' 'Your mother's ****!'"

"The boys dart in small packs up the sloping dunes to the electric fence that separates the camp from the Jewish settlement. They lob rocks toward two armored jeeps parked on top of the dune and mounted with loudspeakers.

"Three ambulances line the road below the dunes in anticipation of what is to come.

"The boys, most no more than ten or eleven years old, scatter, running clumsily across the heavy sand. They descend out of sight behind a sandbank in front of me. There are no sounds of gunfire. The soldiers shoot with silencers. The bullets from the M-16 rifles tumble end over end through the children's slight bodies.

"Later, in the hospital, I will see the destruction: the stomachs ripped out, the gaping holes in limbs and torsos.

"Yesterday at this spot the Israelis shot eight young men, six of whom were under the age of eighteen. One was twelve. This afternoon they kill an eleven-year-old boy, Ali Murad, and seriously wound four more, three of whom are under eighteen.

"Children have been shot in other conflicts I have covered- death squads gunned them down in El Salvador and Guatemala, mothers with infants were lined up and massacred in Algeria, and Serb snipers put children in their sights and watched them crumple onto the pavement in Sarajevo-but I have never before watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport.'"

If it makes you feel good to demonize Jews and Israelis, go right ahead. But you forgot to use the words "chosen" and "kosher" in this post.

"Zionism and Imperialism

To acquire the land for his state, Herzl was willing to beg from the table of every imperialist power, no matter how criminal. He courted them all-the German Kaiser, the Turks, the Russian Tsar, and the British Empire.

"In 1896, He entered into negotiations with the Turkish Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, which had ruled over Palestine for more than five hundred years.

"HerzI offered the Sultan a deal-in exchange for giving Palestine to the Jews, the Zionist movement would help soften world condemnation of Turkey for its genocidal campaign against the Armenians. He even pledged to meet with Armenian leaders to convince them to call off their resistance struggle! In his diary, Herzl wrote,

"[The Sultan] could and would receive me as a friend-after I had rendered him a service.... For one thing I am to influence the European press...to handle the Armenian question in a spirit more friendly to the Turks: for another, I am to induce the Armenian leaders directly to submit to him, whereupon he will make all sorts of concessions to them...."

"As it turned out, the Sultan rejected the offer.

Ask any Armenian how the rest of the story turned out.

The Hidden Roots of Zionism

If it makes you feel good to demonize Jews and Israelis, go right ahead. But you forgot to use the words "chosen" and "kosher" in this post.
Has it ever occurred to you there are some fairly demonic Jews living in Greater Israel?

"The earlier influence of fundamentalist Rabbi Abraham Kook (1865-1935), or Kuk, was significant. He preached Jewish supremacy and said: 'The difference between a Jewish soul and souls of non-Jews -- all of them in all different levels -- is greater and deeper than the difference between a human soul and the souls of cattle.'

"His teachings helped create the settler movement, and his son, Rabbi Tzvi Yehuda Kook, founded the extremist Gush Emunim (GE) under the slogan: 'The Land of Israel, for the people of Israel, according to the Torah of Israel.'"

"Like the elder Kook, GE sees state power as a way forward to a new messianic era.

"It believes that God created the world for Jews.

"Others are lesser beings.

"Greater Israel belongs to Jews alone, and holy wars are acceptable to attain it."

Do you accept the kosher view that holy wars are an acceptable means for dealing with lesser beings?

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2009/961/focus.htm

Georgie LOVES to demonize Jews and Israelis. He thrives on that.
SOME Jews require little help to demonize Greater Israel:

"Others in Israel teach the extremist notion that the 10 Commandments don't apply to non-Jews.

"So killing them in defending the homeland is acceptable, and according to Rabbi Dov Lior, chairman of the Jewish Rabbinic Council: 'There is no such thing as enemy civilians in war time. The law of our Torah is to have mercy on our soldiers and to save them... A thousand non-Jewish lives are not worth a Jew's fingernail.'"

How many ARAB lives are worth one of your hangnails?

Al-Ahram Weekly | Focus | Religious fundamentalism in Israel

Herzl was a great man with a great vision !
Hertzl was a great opportunist with a keen eye for imperial symbols:

"Herzl's 'political Zionism' was secular and pragmatic.

"He argued that the Jewish state could only be built under the patronage of one of the imperialist powers.

"Because the Jews would inevitably be a minority wherever they settled, and since they would incur the hostility of whatever indigenous population they were colonizing, they could not succeed without the big guns of a big imperialist power backing them up."

Georgie Boy conveniently forgot to tell the viewers that Chris Hedges wasn't even in the area at the time. The story was told to Hedges by some Arab, and by now we realize the tall tales they can tell. However, I think the viewers by now realize how Georgie Boy loves to demonize the Jews. Maybe he feels it was the Jews who were responsible for the position he finds himself in now. Meanwhile, Hedges' article has been pulled up by the two-bit anti-Semites ad nauseum over the years.

"Zionism and Imperialism

To acquire the land for his state, Herzl was willing to beg from the table of every imperialist power, no matter how criminal. He courted them all-the German Kaiser, the Turks, the Russian Tsar, and the British Empire.

"In 1896, He entered into negotiations with the Turkish Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, which had ruled over Palestine for more than five hundred years.

"HerzI offered the Sultan a deal-in exchange for giving Palestine to the Jews, the Zionist movement would help soften world condemnation of Turkey for its genocidal campaign against the Armenians. He even pledged to meet with Armenian leaders to convince them to call off their resistance struggle! In his diary, Herzl wrote,

"[The Sultan] could and would receive me as a friend-after I had rendered him a service.... For one thing I am to influence the European press...to handle the Armenian question in a spirit more friendly to the Turks: for another, I am to induce the Armenian leaders directly to submit to him, whereupon he will make all sorts of concessions to them...."

Why, Georgie Boy, I didn't know you were so interested in the Armenians. Why don't you visit the huge Armenian population in Glendale and ask them how they feel that the Turks haven't seen fit to apologize even after 100 years. Meanwhile, why not do something to help the Armenians now. Maybe the Glendale Armenians are working on some relief efforts for their brethren in Syria and they could use an extra hand.

War in Syria sparks efforts to help Armenians - latimes.com

Georgie Boy conveniently forgot to tell the viewers that Chris Hedges wasn't even in the area at the time. The story was told to Hedges by some Arab, and by now we realize the tall tales they can tell. However, I think the viewers by now realize how Georgie Boy loves to demonize the Jews. Maybe he feels it was the Jews who were responsible for the position he finds himself in now. Meanwhile, Hedges' article has been pulled up by the two-bit anti-Semites ad nauseum over the years.
Put up or shut up, Hossie:

From Hedges's "Gaza Diary"

"It was in Gaza, where I lived for weeks at a time during the seven years I spent in the Middle East, that I came to know the dark side of the Israeli Defense Force.

"During the first Palestinian uprising, begun in December 1987 and ended in 1993 with the Oslo peace accords, the army had little interest in crowd control.

"It fired live rounds at boys hurling rocks. And on a few occasions the Israeli soldiers, angered at the coverage, turned their weapons toward groups of photographers and cameramen.

"They shot rubber bullets into their legs—doing it with a self-congratulatory arrogance that came to define the occupation for me."

"Friday afternoon, June 15,
Khan Younis

"Khan Younis is a dense, gray, concrete shantytown, the black waters from sewers running in thin rivulets down the middle of alleys. There are no gardens or trees. There is no place for children to play, other than the dunes in front of the neighboring Israeli settlements.

"Vendors in small, dingy stalls sell roasted corn on the cob or falafel. Hunks of meat hang on giant hooks, alongside wooden tables piled with tomatoes, potatoes, green peppers, and green beans. During the rains the camp floods with wastewater.

"Crude septic tanks, called percolating pits, lie outside homes, covered only by a thin layer of sand.

"When the pits overflow, the dirty water may slosh into the dwellings.

"The drinking water, which often does not flow for more than a couple of hours each day, is brackish and brown. It has left many in the camp with kidney problems. Only the lonely minarets, poking up out of the clutter, lend a bit of dignity to the slum.

"The latest intifada erupted in September 2000, when Ariel Sharon, then the Israeli opposition leader and now the prime minister, visited the al-Aqsa Mosque, one of the holiest sites in Islam, with about 1,000 Israeli police.

"Arafat pleaded with then prime minister Ehud Barak to help stop the visit, fearing the violence that would surely erupt, but Barak could do nothing. Since then nearly 500 Palestinians have been killed, along with 100 Israelis and a dozen Israeli Arabs."

A Gaza Diary - by Chris Hedges

"Zionism and Imperialism

Why, Georgie Boy, I didn't know you were so interested in the Armenians. Why don't you visit the huge Armenian population in Glendale and ask them how they feel that the Turks haven't seen fit to apologize even after 100 years. Meanwhile, why not do something to help the Armenians now. Maybe the Glendale Armenians are working on some relief efforts for their brethren in Syria and they could use an extra hand.

War in Syria sparks efforts to help Armenians - latimes.com
Why do you instinctively defend a Jew who offered to help a Muslim murder Armenians?

"It was in Gaza, where I lived for weeks at a time during the seven years I spent in the Middle East, that I came to know the dark side of the Israeli Defense Force.

"During the first Palestinian uprising, begun in December 1987 and ended in 1993 with the Oslo peace accords, the army had little interest in crowd control.

"It fired live rounds at boys hurling rocks. And on a few occasions the Israeli soldiers, angered at the coverage, turned their weapons toward groups of photographers and cameramen.

"They shot rubber bullets into their legs—doing it with a self-congratulatory arrogance that came to define the occupation for me."
Nothing wrong with the taming of rock throwers and the scorn for the fact changing journalists. Piss on 'em.

Nothing wrong with the taming of rock throwers and the scorn for the fact changing journalists. Piss on 'em.
More from Chris Hedges's Gaza Diaries:

"In Beit Agron I run into familiar Israeli press officials. They are efficient: our press cards are ready in minutes. They welcome me back. They ask about New York. They hand out cell-phone numbers and tell us to call if we need assistance.

"Joe and I get up to leave, but we are blocked at the door by a man in his early sixties wearing a gray leisure suit. His name is Yusuf Samir, and he is a reporter for the Israeli Arabic service. He tells us that he was kidnapped recently in the West Bank by Palestinian gunmen and held for several weeks.

"'The Palestinians are animals,' he says. 'They are less than human. They are savage beasts. Israel is a land of love. People in Israel love one another. But the Palestinians do not love. They hate. They should be destroyed. We should put fire to them. We should take back Beit Jala, Bethlehem, take back all the land and get rid of them.'"

"The Israeli press officers are beaming.

"'He is a great man, a poet,' one says as we leave. 'He is a man of peace.'"

Hossie...a Chosen "man of peace believes Jews should "set fire" to Arab Palestinians.
Would you piss on the poet or his victims?

More from Chris Hedges's Gaza Diaries:

"In Beit Agron I run into familiar Israeli press officials. They are efficient: our press cards are ready in minutes. They welcome me back. They ask about New York. They hand out cell-phone numbers and tell us to call if we need assistance.

"Joe and I get up to leave, but we are blocked at the door by a man in his early sixties wearing a gray leisure suit. His name is Yusuf Samir, and he is a reporter for the Israeli Arabic service. He tells us that he was kidnapped recently in the West Bank by Palestinian gunmen and held for several weeks.

"'The Palestinians are animals,' he says. 'They are less than human. They are savage beasts. Israel is a land of love. People in Israel love one another. But the Palestinians do not love. They hate. They should be destroyed. We should put fire to them. We should take back Beit Jala, Bethlehem, take back all the land and get rid of them.'"

"The Israeli press officers are beaming.

"'He is a great man, a poet,' one says as we leave. 'He is a man of peace.'"

Hossie...a Chosen "man of peace believes Jews should "set fire" to Arab Palestinians.
Would you piss on the poet or his victims?
Poor pathetic Georgie Boy -- he still has not found out that Chris Hedges was not even in the area and just took the word of some Arab. If I interviewed someone who was there during the Watts Riots, Georgie Boy, do you really think I would be getting the absolute truth? It is so amusing how these two-bit anti-Semites keep on pulling up the same stuff year after year ad nauseam. By now this Hedges' piece has grown mold on these forums.

CAMERA: Chris Hedges, Harper's, and Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back