Zeppelin vs Floyd

Zeppelin vs Floyd

• Led Zeppelin

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Pink Floyd

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a tough call on the surface but I'm pretty sure Zep had more impact on music by a factor of 8 than Floyd. I love Pink Floyd. But comparing them to Zep is like comparing the lightbulb with indoor plumbing; you love both but, let's face it, the bulb has a greater impact.

yea.. the illustration company that was hired to come up with concept album covers were pretty good.. on a few, at least. Wish you were here was kinda silly.

Is it more impressive to be as presumptuous about album titles and art or to just name the latest offering LZ- III and be done with it?

yea.. the illustration company that was hired to come up with concept album covers were pretty good.. on a few, at least. Wish you were here was kinda silly.

Creativity scares you doesn't it? Illustration company???? Do you mean ad agency? Marketing firm?

Is it more impressive to be as presumptuous about album titles and art or to just name the latest offering LZ- III and be done with it?

A complete creative package with themes, how presumptuous! They even worked the themes of their albums into their live shows, who did these guys think they were?!!!!

Robert Plant"s vocals were awful, Jimmy Page was mediocre at best....... like Aerosmith or The Rolling Stones, you just have to have tattoo taste to enjoy such loud, simpleton crap. I'm bored just talking about them.

It's OK for you guys to like that stuff though, someone has to....... there are people that like Rap and Hip Hop too, they even think that their scam artist are very talented and superior.:lol::lol::lol:

Your post is retarded on so many levels that It's almost difficult to know where to begin... so, I'll just make this point and move on..

IF you are a band and the package becomes as important as the music then you simply cannot be compared to a band that took black rhythm and blues and turned it into what we now know as hard rock. is DSOTM's cover iconic? sure. Does the album cover make the music BETTER? hardly. Did the Beatles White album suck just because it didn't have a snazzy cover? Is a band really reflected in artwork contracted from someone else whose job is in advertising?

Further, I'll match you song for song in examples of popularity, dude. No one really gives a dman, or knows too much about, the Pipers At The Gates era of Floyd. No one really gives a shit about anything after The Wall. Hell, their last offering was nothing more profound than a greatest hits album. Pulse? give me a fucking break. THAT gimmick died with the watch battery in each album. We havne't yeard shit from Floyd since Learning To Fly... and that was in the 80s.

* The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (1967)
* A Saucerful of Secrets (1968)
* Soundtrack from the Film More (1969)
* Ummagumma (1969)
* Atom Heart Mother (1970)
* Meddle (1971)
* Obscured by Clouds (1972)
* The Dark Side of the Moon (1973)
* Wish You Were Here (1975)
* Animals (1977)
* The Wall (1979)
* The Final Cut (1983)
* A Momentary Lapse of Reason (1987)
* The Division Bell (1994)

Thats all you have, really. 3 giant albums amidst a LOT of pretentious crap. Syd Barred was nothing more than a Donovan wannabe and that era of the band HAS SHITTY MUSIC ANYWAY! Pink Floyd was, literally, from the third wave of already tired british pop rock.

Now, Zeppelin?

* 1969: Led Zeppelin
* 1969: Led Zeppelin II
* 1970: Led Zeppelin III
* 1971: Led Zeppelin IV

* 1973: Houses of the Holy
* 1975: Physical Graffiti

* 1976: Presence
* 1979: In Through the Out Door
* 1982: Coda[125]

Almost EVERY album LZ put out if filled to the brim with songs we still rock out to today. To the BRIM.

and, really... say what you want but David Gilmore is no Jimmy Page. It's fucking hilarious that you'd think that Page sucks given his ICONIC rock presence.. above album covers, that is.

There has never been a closer race in my mind, but I finally went with Floyd.

Your Time Is Going To Come is my favorite Led Zepplin song but that's like saying oxygen is my favorite gas; it's essential to life. But generally speaking I like more Floyd songs like Comfortably Numb and Money. Heh.

ps.. the Rolling Stones is better than Pink Floyd, too. the more you know...

Your post is retarded on so many levels that It's almost difficult to know where to begin... so, I'll just make this point and move on..

IF you are a band and the package becomes as important as the music then you simply cannot be compared to a band that took black rhythm and blues and turned it into what we now know as hard rock. is DSOTM's cover iconic? sure. Does the album cover make the music BETTER? hardly. Did the Beatles White album suck just because it didn't have a snazzy cover? Is a band really reflected in artwork contracted from someone else whose job is in advertising?

Further, I'll match you song for song in examples of popularity, dude. No one really gives a dman, or knows too much about, the Pipers At The Gates era of Floyd. No one really gives a shit about anything after The Wall. Hell, their last offering was nothing more profound than a greatest hits album. Pulse? give me a fucking break. THAT gimmick died with the watch battery in each album. We havne't yeard shit from Floyd since Learning To Fly... and that was in the 80s.

* Ummagumma (1969)
* Meddle (1971)
* Animals (1977)
* The Wall (1979)
* The Final Cut (1983)

Thats all you have, really. 3 giant albums amidst a LOT of pretentious crap. Syd Barred was nothing more than a Donovan wannabe and that era of the band HAS SHITTY MUSIC ANYWAY! Pink Floyd was, literally, from the third wave of already tired british pop rock.

Now, Zeppelin?

Almost EVERY album LZ put out if filled to the brim with songs we still rock out to today. To the BRIM.

and, really... say what you want but David Gilmore is no Jimmy Page. It's fucking hilarious that you'd think that Page sucks given his ICONIC rock presence.. above album covers, that is.

Yawwwwwwwn, like I said, hip hop is very popular and the people that love it think it's great music, Country music people think that stuff is great too and it's very popular, so are SUVs...... who cares? Led Zeppelin is just another overrated obnoxiously loud, boring band...... a dime a dozen.

* Ummagumma (1969)
* Meddle (1971)
* Animals (1977)
* The Wall (1979)
* The Final Cut (1983)

Now, Zeppelin?

Yawwwwwwwn, like I said, hip hop is very popular and the people that love it think it's great music, Country music people think that stuff is great too and it's very popular, so are SUVs...... who cares? Led Zeppelin is just another overrated obnoxiously loud, boring band...... a dime a dozen.

Your opinion is noted and disregarded. And, in fact, there are a great many hip hop and country albums that are better than certain Pink Floyd albums. I'll take Willie Nelson's Red Headed Stranger over Saucer Full of Secrets any day. Hell, i'll take Dr. Dre's Chronic album before Atom Heart Mother too. You really have no point.

ps.. the Rolling Stones is better than Pink Floyd, too. the more you know...

Sure......:lol::lol::lol: and your Mother's fat!

tsk tsk tsk... you should know better than to bust out mom jokes around here.. Especially after I dug a deeper hole in your wife's vagina than you are tall.

:thup:

Knock it off boys.....no family-both of you!

You do realize that an album such as the wall is based around one charcter losing his mind as his various phobias and life experience growing up in britian registers, it's not just random tunes and has nothing to do with cover art, don't you?

Claiming what I wrote referred to slick packaging only tells people you had no idea what those floyd albums are and represent.

It's not a knock on Led Zep, but floyd did put concepts better together and a lot of people like that better.

Floyd certainly does beat Zeppelin hands down in the self-centered, whiny, bitchy, thin-skinned artist category. :lol:

Not really, Zep based a lot of their music on psuedo-tolkein fantasies, they are in fact the precursers of the 'Dungeons & Dragons' geeks.

'From the darkest depths of Mordor, i met a girl so fair...'

You do realize that an album such as the wall is based around one charcter losing his mind as his various phobias and life experience growing up in britian registers, it's not just random tunes and has nothing to do with cover art, don't you?

Claiming what I wrote referred to slick packaging only tells people you had no idea what those floyd albums are and represent.

It's not a knock on Led Zep, but floyd did put concepts better together and a lot of people like that better.

well no shit it's a concept album. Does that mean you'd like the music LESS if it were packaged in a brown paper bag?

:lol:

well no shit it's a concept album. Does that mean you'd like the music LESS if it were packaged in a brown paper bag?

:lol:

Wasn't In thru the Out door originally packaged like that?

or are you thinking solely of John and Yoko's "Two Virgins"?

Not really, Zep based a lot of their music on psuedo-tolkein fantasies, they are in fact the precursers of the 'Dungeons & Dragons' geeks.

'From the darkest depths of Mordor, i met a girl so fair...'

as opposed to third helping psychedelic that was old by the time David Gilmore even joined the band? If Pink Floyd happened in the 80s we'd have called them Trixter.

Forum List

Back