Zelensky Government Announces Major Gun Control Move.

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020
Ukrainians Allowed to Carry Pistols for self defense.

Making any Ukrainian fair game for Russians being able to claim that they shot a civilian in self defense.
There's just no upside on unlimited gun abuse. In the midst of a war in your country it amounts to suicide when a citizen tries to challenge an enemy soldier.

FP-45 Liberator - Wikipedia

250px-Pistol_FP-45_02.jpg

It was originally intended as an insurgency weapon to be mass dropped behind enemy lines to resistance fighters in occupied territory. A resistance fighter was to recover the gun, sneak up on an Axis occupier, kill or incapacitate him, and retrieve his weapons.

Making any Ukrainian fair game for Russians being able to claim that they shot a civilian in self defense.
There's just no upside on unlimited gun abuse. In the midst of a war in your country it amounts to suicide when a citizen tries to challenge an enemy soldier.
Are you seriously suggesting that there are certain rules that the citizens of Ukraine need abide by while their country is being invaded or did I misunderstand what you were stating?

Last edited:
Are you seriously suggesting that there are certain rules that the citizens of Ukraine need abide by while their country is being invaded or did misunderstand what you were stating?
I'm pretty sure you misunderstood. I didn't mention any rules Ukrainians should be following. They are free to take their chances against well armed Russians, with their handguns. I think that will have negative results in the same way American homeowners with guns end up dead more often.

That must be the reason both Russia & the US conquered Afghanistan so quickly

FP-45 Liberator - Wikipedia

250px-Pistol_FP-45_02.jpg

It was originally intended as an insurgency weapon to be mass dropped behind enemy lines to resistance fighters in occupied territory. A resistance fighter was to recover the gun, sneak up on an Axis occupier, kill or incapacitate him, and retrieve his weapons.
Those were passed out in France & to other partisan groups in WWII. Single shot that could store other rounds in a handle mag.
You'd have had to be pretty brave to use those in occupied territory

Can the gungoons fathom it? Their handguns in the hands of citizens are effective up to about 20 feet if they have the time to get off a lucky shot!
While the wounded enemy soldier opens up with his assault rifle and carelessly takes down half the Ukrainians in the grocery store.

Zelensky has come up with too many stupid ideas that are quite sensible for him but not so great for the people who are being forced to go along with his carelessness.

But does America care?

I'm pretty sure you misunderstood. I didn't mention any rules Ukrainians should be following. They are free to take their chances against well armed Russians, with their handguns. I think that will have negative results in the same way American homeowners with guns end up dead more often.
The presence of a firearm is not what determines that someone will end up dead from it. It's being irresponsible or being unfortunately in circumstances where you don't control or have any say in their presence, particularly if you know that there are people around who shouldn't be anywhere need a loaded firearm.

As far as the Ukrainian people, I'm fairly sure you've never found yourself in circumstances such as theirs, nor have I. However, I would imagine that in those particular set of circumstances where Putin has shown utter disregard for the lives and well being of the Ukrainian people by bombing them in their homes and as they attempted to escape, I would be of the mind that if I'm going to die anyway, I'm going to do my best to at least take one or more of the bastards with me.

Fair is fair and all is fair in love in & war if you believe what they say. F' Putin and the rules of engagement.

Last edited:
Can the gungoons fathom it? Their handguns in the hands of citizens are effective up to about 20 feet if they have the time to get off a lucky shot!
While the wounded enemy soldier opens up with his assault rifle and carelessly takes down half the Ukrainians in the grocery store.

Zelensky has come up with too many stupid ideas that are quite sensible for him but not so great for the people who are being forced to go along with his carelessness.

But does America care?
You Idiot. Ukraine only lost 4,500 while Russia lost over 7,000

Ore dead Russians.

And the problem is?

Making any Ukrainian fair game for Russians
They are already fair game.

Why don't you want them to have the chance to survive?

Am I nuts, or am the way I'm reading it, Ukraine is passing this law regardless of the Invasion? This to me sounds like they are giving citizens a right to self defense like we have here in the states, not having anything to do with defense from Russians. And it's not gun "control" but rather gun right.

Leave it to a pussy from Canaduh to come up with this sort of twisted logic, to argue that it is a bad idea to arm civilians in a country that is under foreign invasion, because armed citizens would be “fair game” for the invaders that already consider them fair game to begin with.

I suppose that Donald H would like to see Ukraine become to Russia what Canaduh is to the UK—a conquered territory populated with those who lacked the will and the means to defend their own sovereignty and independence. A relic of his own country's shameful and cowardly origin.

Last edited:
As far as the Ukrainian people, I'm fairly sure you've never found yourself in circumstances such as theirs, nor have I.

I think we all know what Donald H and his countrymen would do, if Canaduh was invaded by a hostile foreign military power.

He'd thrown down his arms, and offer to suck the invaders' dicks; just as his ancestors did more than two centuries ago, at the same time we Americas were fighting the same enemy, for our independence.

Forum List

Back