YUGE WINNING! E.P.A. Officials, Disheartened by Agency’s Direction, Are Leaving in Droves!!!

With only 700 out of 15,000 exiting, seems they have a loooonnnngggg way to go.
I favor a constitutional amendment authorizing the Fed govt to run an Environmental Protection Agency. Currently the only authorization they have for that, is to run an agency that manages pollution etc. that crosses state lines or otherwise affects interstate commerce. The have NO authority to tell you not to drain a swamp on your property (unless your property straddles a state border, pretty rare), or to tell Los Angeles not to pollute its air unless they can prove the pollution is drifting 300 miles into Nevada and Arizona.

Note that the present EPA is doing all those things anyway, hugely.

The purpose of the Constitutional amendment, is to restrict the EPA to only things that cross state borders. Presently there are some problems with one state being polluted by its neighbors, where the state getting the pollution can do nothing about it. That is a proper function of the Federal government, and one that George Washington never worried about, he had weightier matters on his mind.

The amendment should also list penalties to be imposed on those who violate it.

With such a constitutional amendment in place, the EPA can be reined in, and restricted to only things that cannot be handled by the states themselves.

They were WAAAY out of control.

15,000 employees and an $8 billion budget?

...and the EPA was founded by Nixon. Nixon was a bad person. Therefore the EPA is bad.

Isn't that PROG LOGIC?

I would be good with about 5,000 employees and a 2 Billion dollar budget.

There is so much fucking waste in Washington....$4 trillion spending per year is bananas.

E.P.A. Officials, Disheartened by Agency’s Direction, Are Leaving in Droves!!!
If rhe Trump Administration had done NOTHING else (it has done lots), flushing the EPA toilet and disposing of all those green-is-the-new-red communists infesting that agency makes the Trump Administration a glorious success.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the Trump administration's EPA to start putting out propaganda pieces featuring Captain Planet as a villain and Exxon Mobil as the intrepid heroes.

Captain Planet would come out reeking of booze, talking about the virtues of communism or some shit. And the heroic oil barons would be like, "We fight for the American worker, you drunk, commie, tree hugging freak!"

Yeah, I can see it now. That shit would be fire.

Hmmm. Let’s be honest . The right hates the Epa because they stand in the way of big biz who have and would again physically destroy our country to gain an extra dollar .

Liar%20too-M.jpg

Forum List

Back