Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ActionJackson

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2023
Utah
Foreigner doesn't have a huge discography like many popular bands, but they had a lot of hits, and they're still one of my favorite bands.

What are your favorite Foreigner hits? PICK THREE!! (You can change your vote if you change your mind)

I had cassette of the original Foreigner, and 4. Liked them pretty well, but when I bought Agent Provocateur... ugh... never bought another one. That album was soooo bad.
Just my opinion... they were another band that got hooked into the MTV 80s and were ruined by it.

I had cassette of the original Foreigner, and 4. Liked them pretty well, but when I bought Agent Provocateur... ugh... never bought another one. That album was soooo bad.
Just my opinion... they were another band that got hooked into the MTV 80s and were ruined by it.
Not my favorite album either.

My favorite is the Greatest Hits album:

51rs06ZFKFL._AC_UY218_.jpg

I don't know if it counts as a song, not having lyrics, but I spent most of my life believing that Claire de Lune, by Claude Debussy (who, being French, was a foreigner to me, as a an American) was the most beautiful piece of music ever to exist.

What disabused me of this was when I heard Serenade to Music, by Ralph Vaughan Williams (British, so also a foreigner to me). What I first heard was the orchestral (instrumental) version, but in its proper form, it involves human singing, so it qualifies as a song. The orchestral version, I have to say, is more beautiful than Claire de Lune, and the proper choral version even more so.

Trying to think of a third favorite, is tough. Immediately, I think of George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, but Gershwin was an American, so not a foreigner. I'm also thinking of a particularly beautiful rendering of If I Loved You by Laura Osnes, backed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, but Rodgers & Hammerstein, who wrote the song, were Americans, Ms. Osnes is an American, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is American, so no foreigners there.

Ok, here's a third pick.

Carl Orff's setting of O Fortuna. Orff was German, so he counts as a foreigner.

Last edited:
Feels like the first time is my favorite,done have any favorites in order after that.

the others i know are

I want to know what love is.

cold as ice
hot blooded.
head games.
the one that got the most votes

DIRTY WHITE BOY

havent even heard of it.

Forum List

Back