Your first amendment rights vs someone elses safety is a bogus argument

Just a quick thought...It makes you wonder about the reserves and national guard. Is the training set up with 50 different rule books?

Anyway, good points by the OP. For once.

No. The Reserves is part of the Army (USAR). The National Gaurd receives their training from the Army...they go to basic and advanced training right along side the Army and the Army Reserves.

The very definition of irony

Your rights aren't being violated, snowflake.

Followed by

Shut up, stay home

You can't make up this kind of brain damage
What "right" is being violated? You don't have a right to endanger others by reckless behavior.

Gee, I don't know Captain Shit-For-Brains, let's see. Telling people not leave their house is a VIOLATION OF THEIR RIGHTS. It doesn't matter what the reason is for and you cannot prove that anybody doing so is endangering anybody unless they have actually been diagnosed with a contagion. Maybe if you weren't consumed with so much fear and hatred towards other people you might be able to see the fallacy of your logic. Your argument is emotional and backed with very little fact. The Constitution was written specifically to protect the rest of us from authoritarian Eichmanns like you. There is no asterisk next to the Bill of Rights that says this only applies during times when coronavirus isn't making the rounds.

Is it a disease that should be taken seriously? Of course, but there are ways to do that without suspending the civil liberties of billions of people around the planet and I'll point out for you that has NEVER been practiced before, including during pandemics far worse than this. Never have we "quarantined" healthy populations to fight a disease. If this was much more serious, like the Spanish Flu or God forbid, the Bubonic Plague where there were literally dead bodies piling up in the streets, you wouldn't need to worry about people keeping their distance. Those are pretty strong motivators in of themselves, but people are looking around and realizing that what we have been told over the past month isn't reality. There aren't 200,000 deaths with the mitigation efforts. With the exception of NYC, there aren't hospitals being overwhelmed and even in NYC there aren't people being denied ventilators and other medical equipment due to rationing. None of it has come to fruition and people see that. Hell, we've had doctors and nurses here in Las Vegas head to NYC to help there because they aren't needed here.

So, you can hide under your bed if you want and spew your fascist state sanctioned propaganda all day long, but at the end of the day you aren't stopping anybody from exercising their God given rights as a human being and there ain't dick you can do about it, so how about you take your own advice and shut yourself the hell up. Miserable twat

The people at the protests and anyone else out in public is CHOOSING to be there.
It's no different than when you CHOOSE to go someplace. Be it the store or the bank or the gas station or restaurant for carry out or liquor store or wherever.
If people are afraid for their safety then they should exercise their CHOICE to stay home.
Martial law has not been declared so your constitutional rights CAN NOT BE INFRINGED UPON and your choice to protest is protected under the first amendment.
Essentially if those people are endangering anyone it is others who also chose to be there via their rights.

Goto ANY home Depot and look at all the people buying things for their homes and property. Why is that allowed but sitting in a church parking lot in your car listening to a sermon is not?

People accepted the lockdowns to beat the curve so as to not overwhelm our medical system as it ramped up to deal with this. The protests did not start until local governments started arresting people for doing things that were completely benign.

Bottom line is if someone is putting you "at risk" it is because you are also not following the orders. No one is shopping or protesting in your living room.

And lol at the media & leftists saying that protesting is racist. Y'all have lost your marbles.
Are you willing to sign a pledge that you will not go to a hospital or clinic should you catch the virus? Should your decision to take risks put the doctors and nurses at greater risk. What about your need for a ventilator, are you willing to forgo that?
I'll sign a pledge that I will stomp your whiny butt into a mud hole if you try to stop me......

We AREN'T CHINA..........and the people are getting ANGRY.........I really don't give a shit what you think about it.

And I'll throw your piece of paper on the ground and piss on it..........

Clear it up for you MORON.

The majority of Americans will make sure you won't be doing any such thing. We've crushed evil people in this county before and we'll do it again. We have the military and the police force on our side as well.

Allowing people to pick and choose whether they will comply is no way to beat this virus

There is no vaccine
There is no cure
There is a serious lack of test kits.

The only way to beat it is to keep people isolated
That's wrong. There is no solid evidence that this isolation bent any curves. It may turn out that we are making this thing worse by hiding indoors. Fresh air, exercise and sunshine are good medicine for good health. This virus is 18 times easier to get indoors than outside. Here in Pa. we have a jerkoff commie governor who has extended the lock down till May 8 and has forbidden playing golf and hiking. This sissy boy has really taken to totalitarianism. We need to get back to work but still be careful doing it. Once these idiot governors get away with this power grab once, your rights and freedoms will eventually disappear. And then there is the whole theory of herd immunity and the consequences that will result from a failing economy. These lockdown governors are bullshit.

You take a risk every time you get behind the wheel.
That's why I use the seat belt. That and it's required by law. Does that law infringe on your rights? Would you want it repealed?

Seatbelts use does increase your survival rate, but you can still die when you wrap the car around a power pole, head on collision, or into a wall. Dale Earnhardt died using the state of the art seat belt body restraint system.

Everything we do in life carries risk, even a simple turn to the left can have you killed, walking along the road have claimed victims, people die every day on risks that are greater than getting sick of the China Virus. It is sensible to reduce exposure to the virus, but you should realize that there are many kinds of bacteria and viruses are on you 24/7, which is why washing hands, keeping clothes and bedding kept clean reduces the chance of getting sick, because it reduces the population of them on you.

Government overreach is real, after 3 months of being essentially shut down, people are growing restless, yearn to move around and enjoy life, go back to work before they lose everything and so on.

Why can't you try a little empathy?
I have real sympathy for people out of work and wondering how they will pay their bills. I have much less sympathy for people who want to go to a baseball game. I generally look to health professionals, not economists, when I want to make health decisions. I trust politicians even less.

The people at the protests and anyone else out in public is CHOOSING to be there.
It's no different than when you CHOOSE to go someplace. Be it the store or the bank or the gas station or restaurant for carry out or liquor store or wherever.
If people are afraid for their safety then they should exercise their CHOICE to stay home.
Martial law has not been declared so your constitutional rights CAN NOT BE INFRINGED UPON and your choice to protest is protected under the first amendment.
Essentially if those people are endangering anyone it is others who also chose to be there via their rights.

Goto ANY home Depot and look at all the people buying things for their homes and property. Why is that allowed but sitting in a church parking lot in your car listening to a sermon is not?

People accepted the lockdowns to beat the curve so as to not overwhelm our medical system as it ramped up to deal with this. The protests did not start until local governments started arresting people for doing things that were completely benign.

Bottom line is if someone is putting you "at risk" it is because you are also not following the orders. No one is shopping or protesting in your living room.

And lol at the media & leftists saying that protesting is racist. Y'all have lost your marbles.
Are you willing to sign a pledge that you will not go to a hospital or clinic should you catch the virus? Should your decision to take risks put the doctors and nurses at greater risk. What about your need for a ventilator, are you willing to forgo that?
Are you willing to sign a waiver stating that if you wreck into me in your car that you will pay my Bill's for the rest of my life?

Are you willing to sign a waiver that if you have an abortion you agree to be sterilized?

Next stupidass question?

Interesting, you did not answer his question. You advocate making this pandemic worse, but want the healthcare system to still treat you when you get sick.

I'm taking a risk to bring you food and drink and toilet paper...should I stop doing that to reduce the risk to doctors and nurses? I'd be safer and they would be safer.

You'd starve and die with a dirty asshole...but that's a minor inconvenience right? It's for the greater good.
Sounds like you're a trucker, do you feel the safety rules covering truckers should be ignored? They should be allowed to drive as many hours straight as they want?

Absolutely. Did it for years. We referred to log books as joke books.

And they are being ignored right now...legally. All freight food or crisis relayed is exempt from Hours of Service Regulations

The majority of Americans will make sure you won't be doing any such thing. We've crushed evil people in this county before and we'll do it again. We have the military and the police force on our side as well.

You wouldn't have shit if your nose was shoved in it, keyboard warrior. Go find a sandbox to play in with the other toddlers.

You FAIL to understand the SCIENCE of how PANDEMICS spread. A pandemic needs hosts in order to spread, survive and kill more humans. When idiots choose to protest and do other things that violate current laws on social distancing and defeating this PATHOGEN they put at risk the entire country!

WHY? Because they AID the pathogen in staying around. It only takes one person to infect hundreds of other people. THESE PEOPLE PROTESTING ONCE THEY GET SICK THEN WILL GO TO THE HOSPITAL BEGGING FOR THE HOSPITAL WORKERS TO SAVE THEIR LIVES FURTHER CLOGGING UP THE MEDICAL SYSTEM. WHEN YOU CLOG UP THE MEDICAL SYSTEM, YOU PUT AT RISK THE PEOPLE FOLLOWING STAY AT HOME ORDERS! WHY? BECAUSE PEOPLE FOLLOWING STAY AT HOME ORDERS COULD POTENTIALLY HAVE HEALTH ISSUES NOT EVEN RELATED TO COVID-19. NOW THEY RISK NOT GETTING THE CARE THEY NEED BECAUSE THE IDIOT PROTESTER GOT SICK AND HAS TAKEN AN ICU BED OR VENTILATOR WHEN IF THEY HAD STAYED HOME LIKE THEY WERE TOLD, THOSE THINGS WOULD STILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE!

You idiots think you have the right to protest during a pandemic, but then want Hospitals and the health care community to take care of you when you get sick!

We understand perfectly how the virus is spread. Comparing minimal loss of life against the increased loss of life by allowing the whole of the nation's economy to regress to destruction is a value judgement we just have to make.

I for one do not favor destroying the country over what is essentially behaving as a seasonal flu.

lol, you shills and your lies. He don't a ventilator, but it wouldn't bother me if a lot of these fascist thugs got ventilated.

I'll sign a pledge that I will stomp your whiny butt into a mud hole if you try to stop me......

We AREN'T CHINA..........and the people are getting ANGRY.........I really don't give a shit what you think about it.

How are you going to crush anything from your hidey hole other than the beer cans from the case you obviously killed off before posting this. :rofl:

I'm taking a risk to bring you food and drink and toilet paper...should I stop doing that to reduce the risk to doctors and nurses? I'd be safer and they would be safer.

You'd starve and die with a dirty asshole...but that's a minor inconvenience right? It's for the greater good.
Sounds like you're a trucker, do you feel the safety rules covering truckers should be ignored? They should be allowed to drive as many hours straight as they want?

Absolutely. Did it for years. We referred to log books as joke books.

And they are being ignored right now...legally. All freight food or crisis relayed is exempt from Hours of Service Regulations

Thanks, I feel so much safer now. :omg:

Followed by

Shut up, stay home

What "right" is being violated? You don't have a right to endanger others by reckless behavior.

Gee, I don't know Captain Shit-For-Brains, let's see. Telling people not leave their house is a VIOLATION OF THEIR RIGHTS. It doesn't matter what the reason is for and you cannot prove that anybody doing so is endangering anybody unless they have actually been diagnosed with a contagion. Maybe if you weren't consumed with so much fear and hatred towards other people you might be able to see the fallacy of your logic. Your argument is emotional and backed with very little fact. The Constitution was written specifically to protect the rest of us from authoritarian Eichmanns like you. There is no asterisk next to the Bill of Rights that says this only applies during times when coronavirus isn't making the rounds.

Is it a disease that should be taken seriously? Of course, but there are ways to do that without suspending the civil liberties of billions of people around the planet and I'll point out for you that has NEVER been practiced before, including during pandemics far worse than this. Never have we "quarantined" healthy populations to fight a disease. If this was much more serious, like the Spanish Flu or God forbid, the Bubonic Plague where there were literally dead bodies piling up in the streets, you wouldn't need to worry about people keeping their distance. Those are pretty strong motivators in of themselves, but people are looking around and realizing that what we have been told over the past month isn't reality. There aren't 200,000 deaths with the mitigation efforts. With the exception of NYC, there aren't hospitals being overwhelmed and even in NYC there aren't people being denied ventilators and other medical equipment due to rationing. None of it has come to fruition and people see that. Hell, we've had doctors and nurses here in Las Vegas head to NYC to help there because they aren't needed here.

So, you can hide under your bed if you want and spew your fascist state sanctioned propaganda all day long, but at the end of the day you aren't stopping anybody from exercising their God given rights as a human being and there ain't dick you can do about it, so how about you take your own advice and shut yourself the hell up. Miserable twat

Golly, thats a lot of unnecessary ad hominems just to snivel because you can't get a haircut.

This will pass. Your "right" to go out and be an asshole will be "restored". Right now, other people's right to keep on living trumps your wanting to infect them. Get over it.

You take a risk every time you get behind the wheel.
That's why I use the seat belt. That and it's required by law. Does that law infringe on your rights? Would you want it repealed?

Seatbelts use does increase your survival rate, but you can still die when you wrap the car around a power pole, head on collision, or into a wall. Dale Earnhardt died using the state of the art seat belt body restraint system.

Everything we do in life carries risk, even a simple turn to the left can have you killed, walking along the road have claimed victims, people die every day on risks that are greater than getting sick of the China Virus. It is sensible to reduce exposure to the virus, but you should realize that there are many kinds of bacteria and viruses are on you 24/7, which is why washing hands, keeping clothes and bedding kept clean reduces the chance of getting sick, because it reduces the population of them on you.

Government overreach is real, after 3 months of being essentially shut down, people are growing restless, yearn to move around and enjoy life, go back to work before they lose everything and so on.

Why can't you try a little empathy?
I have real sympathy for people out of work and wondering how they will pay their bills. I have much less sympathy for people who want to go to a baseball game. I generally look to health professionals, not economists, when I want to make health decisions. I trust politicians even less.
This is America..........if he tells you to build a bunker in your back yard.......Put in negative ventilations with UV ionization technology, built in germ alarms............fully stocked PPE with 2 door entry ways that use UV LIGHT to kill every microbe..........

Then go ahead......we'll go back to work and build it........come to your house and install it........we WILL WEAR SPACE SUIT while we build it........AND CHARGE YOU 1000% mark up for our troubles.......

Then you can hide their for the rest of your life for all I care.........LOL

How are you going to crush anything from your hidey hole other than the beer cans from the case you obviously killed off before posting this. :rofl:
He's ignored by me............must be threatening to whoop my ass again........LOL

Followed by

Shut up, stay home

I agree with her. The government is well within their jurisdiction to stop mass gatherings in order to protect people from spreading this virus. Most libertarians are selfish and their individual desires trump the well being of the community. Even in a life or death situation.

You FAIL to understand the SCIENCE of how PANDEMICS spread. A pandemic needs hosts in order to spread, survive and kill more humans. When idiots choose to protest and do other things that violate current laws on social distancing and defeating this PATHOGEN they put at risk the entire country!

WHY? Because they AID the pathogen in staying around. It only takes one person to infect hundreds of other people. THESE PEOPLE PROTESTING ONCE THEY GET SICK THEN WILL GO TO THE HOSPITAL BEGGING FOR THE HOSPITAL WORKERS TO SAVE THEIR LIVES FURTHER CLOGGING UP THE MEDICAL SYSTEM. WHEN YOU CLOG UP THE MEDICAL SYSTEM, YOU PUT AT RISK THE PEOPLE FOLLOWING STAY AT HOME ORDERS! WHY? BECAUSE PEOPLE FOLLOWING STAY AT HOME ORDERS COULD POTENTIALLY HAVE HEALTH ISSUES NOT EVEN RELATED TO COVID-19. NOW THEY RISK NOT GETTING THE CARE THEY NEED BECAUSE THE IDIOT PROTESTER GOT SICK AND HAS TAKEN AN ICU BED OR VENTILATOR WHEN IF THEY HAD STAYED HOME LIKE THEY WERE TOLD, THOSE THINGS WOULD STILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE!

You idiots think you have the right to protest during a pandemic, but then want Hospitals and the health care community to take care of you when you get sick!

We understand perfectly how the virus is spread. Comparing minimal loss of life against the increased loss of life by allowing the whole of the nation's economy to regress to destruction is a value judgement we just have to make.

I for one do not favor destroying the country over what is essentially behaving as a seasonal flu.

This is nothing like seasonal flu. Seasonal flu does not kill 40,000 people in less than a month. Seasonal flu on average kills 40,000 people over a 6 month period and 90% of those deaths could be prevented if people simply got their flu shot. With covid-19, there is no vaccine yet.

Any damage to the economy can be repaired. People only need food, water, shelter and clothing to survive. Japan was nuked in 1945, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But both cities were rebuilt and their economic life returned. BUT YOU CAN'T bring back someone who has physically died from COVID-19.

The economic damage being done now is NOT WORSE than what was done to Hiroshima and Nagasaki during World War II, but those cities came back and have large thriving economies today.

It's no different than when you CHOOSE to go someplace.
What if I CHOOSE to drive down your street at 100 mph while your kids are playing outside?

What you nitwits keep ignoring is this is a public health matter that threatens everyone. Not just the buffoons idiotically congregating like brain dead zombies.

Kentucky sees highest spike in coronavirus cases after protests against lockdown

GOT IT?

Forum List

Back