Your Favorite Things About Israel

Here is one of my favorite "side dishes"

On Gizzi's recent trip to Israel she met Suhila, who is known to make the best hummus in the whole country. Gizzi finds out the different types of hummus she serves in her restaurant.

Lunch time, or dinner time. :)

Join How2Kosher as we discover how Kosher shawarma in prepared in Jerusalem, Israel. We scoured the finest and greasiest establishments in town to document all the tricks of how a perfect shawarma is made. While most place will offer the lamb, turkey, or beef varieties of meat, the ethnically correct type of meat to use is lamb. It used to be that one could only get shawarma in a pita or laffa, nowadays one can also get it plain on a plate or in many cases as a baguette sandwich. However, most Israelis opt to get it in its original laffa form with chips - or french fries as we know them. Enjoy!

il_340x270.799869634_80ct.jpg

240_F_139237548_Z2h2nYoUs6ZYPDdSf6Mvid1s5H9AoZ4D.jpg

il_570xN.694154814_5y7u.jpg

My mother used to work for NIH, and they were involved in a number of international collaborative programs on heart disease, one of them was with Israel. She traveled there a couple times a year and brought back some of this beautiful handpainted pottery. I have a big shallow bowl much like the one in the first picture and a number of plates. They're delightful, whimisical and colorful. It wasn't until later that I realized many of them were painted by Palestinians. They represent a shared cultural bond amongst different people in Israel.

On Gizzi's recent trip to Israel she met Suhila, who is known to make the best hummus in the whole country. Gizzi finds out the different types of hummus she serves in her restaurant.

YESssssssssss Please!!!!!!!!!!:2up:

Checking back into this thread to see what is new.

Maybe some of it will remind me of my trip back in 1991.

The various desert cats are beautiful.

Reminds me of my own cat.

Same markings in their forehead -- 6 parallel lines.

Leopards are really beautiful.

Foxes are beautiful too. They are the dog equivalent of the cat.

Amazing that Israel has all sorts of small antelopes and mountain goats. I would love to hunt them.

Desert pigs are amazing too. These also live in the US deserts as well.

Wild donkeys (called asses) are amazing too.

In the US escaped donkeys and horses roam the deserts here.

Great wildlife video !!!

Last edited:
Lunch time, or dinner time. :)

Join How2Kosher as we discover how Kosher shawarma in prepared in Jerusalem, Israel. We scoured the finest and greasiest establishments in town to document all the tricks of how a perfect shawarma is made. While most place will offer the lamb, turkey, or beef varieties of meat, the ethnically correct type of meat to use is lamb. It used to be that one could only get shawarma in a pita or laffa, nowadays one can also get it plain on a plate or in many cases as a baguette sandwich. However, most Israelis opt to get it in its original laffa form with chips - or french fries as we know them. Enjoy!

Lamb is one of my favorite meats.

Garbanzo beans don't do anything for me.

They make a great dipping sauce for flatbread, which I like.

But otherwise I am not a big fan of Hummus.

No Sixties. But they seem to be tasty! :)

The recipe is in the video. You and your friends can try it out sometime :)

I'm a bad cook! I could poison all my friends!
piangoe.gif

:D

You should marry an Italian then esthermoon .

Italian men do a lot of the cooking at home.

Some of my fave things about Israel is that they speak the same language (Hebrew), practice the same religion (Judaism), and even use the same currency (shekels) that the people used 4000 years ago!!

Forum List

Back