Your explanations?

I am a skeptic

Kid moonwalking on the wall--I need videotape!!

Maybe you do need a video tape. But for an unbiased investigator with an open mind, no video tape needed. The support personnel and social worker who witnessed it for themselves had no connections to this family and were not very religious if I recall? The story is creepy because it is all too real.

I am a skeptic

So do you think that the Cop and the CPS case worker who saw it, lied about it?
What would be their purpose for doing so?

Anything from promoting their beliefs to not fully understanding what they saw.

You do understand you are trying to make me explain what others think when there is no actual way of doing so, right?

I didn't ask you what they think.
I asked you what you thought and you answered.

Theists will believe whatever reinforces their beliefs facts notwithstanding.

That priest finally did come forward days later to identify himself.

Mystery priest from serious Missouri accident revealed - CNN.com

But do I think God played a role in this teen's faith and fate? totally.

Of course, the skeptics will not be convinced for various reasons. I always wondered why they brushed off this famous manifestation in Indiana? Maybe because no one wants to believe it.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2014/01/25/the-disposession-of-latoya-ammons/4892553/
Thanks

As is "give it time" when it comes to life evolving into unbelievable order and complexity without the aid of an intelligent designer.

Zero evidence for the existence of your imaginary "intelligent designer".

Plenty of evidence for the evolution of life from single forms into more complex forms.

The Bush appointed judge in the Dover, PA court ruled that ID "evolved" from bogus "creation science" which has been thoroughly debunked and discredited.

Judge Rules Intelligent Design Can t Be Taught in Class

I am a skeptic

Maybe you do need a video tape. But for an unbiased investigator with an open mind, no video tape needed. The support personnel and social worker who witnessed it for themselves had no connections to this family and were not very religious if I recall? The story is creepy because it is all too real.

Eye witness testimony is notoriously unreliable.

I am a skeptic

Not nearly as notorious as flimsy excuses (like that one).

I am a skeptic

Coming from a believer in the flimsy ID fabrication!

:rofl:

Still fun to watch God at work, putting just the right people (and tools) in the right place at the right time
That's right. And screw all those other people who die daily in car crashes. I suppose the gawds put those losers in the right place at the right time.

If I thought for one moment you could be honest in your research and assessments I might spend the time. You will only accept the eye witness testimony (of a cop and professional social service worker) when it may be in your favor.

As is "give it time" when it comes to life evolving into unbelievable order and complexity without the aid of an intelligent designer.

Plenty of evidence for the evolution of life from single forms into more complex forms.

The Bush appointed judge in the Dover, PA court ruled that ID "evolved" from bogus "creation science" which has been thoroughly debunked and discredited.

As far as ID is concerned:

From Richard Dawson's book The Blind Watchmaker: ""Natural selection is the blind watchmaker, blind because it does not see ahead, does not plan consequences, has no purpose in view. Yet the living results of natural selection overwhelmingly impress us with the appearance of design as if by a master watchmaker, impress us with the illusion of design and planning.”

"the illusion of design." But of course. Whatever it takes to pretend it was pure luck.

Who cares what some judge rules about classrooms?

If someone wants to believe that some micro-organism with no intelligence, no will, no design --- given enough time managed to build itself a spine, a nervous system, a liver, some wings, an eyeball and brain --- all without the slightest conscious thought --- then who are we to think that kind of “believer” might have some epiphany one day?

Last edited:

If I thought for one moment you could be honest in your research and assessments I might spend the time. You will only accept the eye witness testimony (of a cop or professional social service worker) when it may be in your favor.

From Richard Dawson's book The Blind Watchmaker: ""Natural selection is the blind watchmaker, blind because it does not see ahead, does not plan consequences, has no purpose in view. Yet the living results of natural selection overwhelmingly impress us with the appearance of design as if by a master watchmaker, impress us with the illusion of design and planning.”

"the illusion of design." But of course. Whatever it takes to pretend it was pure luck.

If someone wants to believe that some micro-organism with no intelligence, no will, no design --- given enough time managed to build itself a spine, a nervous system, a liver, some wings, an eyeball and brain --- all without the slightest conscious thought --- then who are we to think that kind of “believer” might have some epiphany one day?

Thank you for exposing your complete and utter lack of any shred of honesty and integrity.

There is no point in wasting any further time on someone who has just disqualified themselves from this debate.

Have a nice day.

If I thought for one moment you could be honest in your research and assessments I might spend the time. You will only accept the eye witness testimony (of a cop or professional social service worker) when it may be in your favor.

Thank you for exposing your complete and utter lack of any shred of honesty and integrity.

There is no point in wasting any further time on someone who has just disqualified themselves from this debate.

Have a nice day.

You have a nice day, too.

PS -- No need to explain your charges, since our definitions of "honesty and integrity" most likely have little in common.

If I thought for one moment you could be honest in your research and assessments I might spend the time. You will only accept the eye witness testimony (of a cop and professional social service worker) when it may be in your favor.

I care. So do other Americans who care about the constitution and about the law. ID'iot creationism is fundamentalist Christianity in a burqa. It's a laughable joke.

Keep your religious dogma out of the public school syllabus.

Have a nice day.

You have a nice day, too.

PS -- No need to explain your charges, since our definitions of "honesty and integrity" most likely have little in common.

Obviously they don't!

These are my definitions;

Honesty Define Honesty at Dictionary.com

honesty
[on-uh-stee]
noun, plural honesties.
the quality or fact of being honest; uprightness and fairness.
truthfulness, sincerity, or frankness.
freedom from deceit or fraud.

Integrity Define Integrity at Dictionary.com

integrity
[in-teg-ri-tee]
noun
adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished:
to preserve the integrity of the empire.
a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition:

I care. So do other Americans who care about the constitution and about the law. ID'iot creationism is fundamentalist Christianity in a burqa. It's a laughable joke.

You missed the point, hollie.

You and the judge can have it your way in the classroom. Teach whatever tickles your heart.

My point was outside the classroom within the mind of someone with half a brain. One single cell has a thousand machines inside of it working together in fascinating order and harmony. And you and yours are convinced it all came together by blind chance without one intelligent thought behind the process. For me that spells utter stupidity or agenda --- take your pick.

You and the judge can have it your way in the classroom. Teach whatever tickles your heart.

My point was outside the classroom within the mind of someone with half a brain. One single cell has a thousand machines inside of it working together in fascinating order and harmony. And you and yours are convinced it all came together by blind chance without one intelligent thought behind the process. For me that spells utter stupidity or agenda --- take your pick.

Too difficult for you to comprehend basic physics and chemistry so you resort to superstition instead.

The four basic chemical elements of life (carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen) are abundant in the universe.

I didn't miss the point at all. In fact, it was you who missed the point. The christian fundie right has tried repeatedly to insert their dogma into the public schools under various, phony, incarnations of christian extremism. Intelligent Design Creationism is a movement dedicated to discrediting evolution and attacking the rational explanation of nature. The evidence for their activities is in the books and blogs and the propaganda distributed to local school boards and state legislators. The attack on science and scientists makes up about 99% of their activities. What the ID’iots have never been able to resolve is that there is no scientific theory of creationism whether the religious fundies re-title their religion as “creationism”, "intelligent design" or otherwise. The hyper-religious simply have no coherent framework, no reliable data and don’t publish in peer-reviewed technical, academic or professional journals. "Intelligent design creationism" does not meet the essential characteristics of science as outlined in several legal cases wherein the ID’iots were suffered humiliating losses and were derided by the courts as effectively wasting everyone’s time.

We can review past history by referencing Judge Overton's 1982 decision in McLean v. Arkansas wherein ID’iosy failed on several levels by not meeting the testable methods of science such as: 1) It is guided by natural laws, 2) It has to be explanatory by natural laws, 3) It is testable against the empirical world, 4) Its conclusions are tentative--subject to continual review and revision, and 5) It is falsifiable. On every point, "intelligent design" and every other form of creationism fail as science.

Forum List

Back