Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
But never zero.
54A441F7-B121-4FE6-9797-AC21504DD46E.jpeg
1637805177434.jpeg
1637805245261.jpeg

My grandmother raised domestic turkeys. They can be territorial, downright mean and nasty tempered. Grandad and Grandmother warned me off from them.

One thing I've learned through my years is that you fuck with the turkeys one on one.
Well, sometimes those tables are turned. I remember one year not so long ago I was driving down one of our back country roads and driving up to a flock of them sitting on the opposite side of the road. However, in the exact middle of the road was one big one, just sitting there. So, rather than run over him, I stopped and honked the horn. Whelp, 25 or so of his “breatheren” decided to suddenly get off the side of the road and surround my car. The next thing I know, I hear this hard plunking noise coming from all sides. They were head butting my car. So I lay on the horn, creep and screech the brakes until I get enough daylight to escape that current version of “West Side Story”..except with turkeys. :)

Still don’t know to this day why they head butted my car.
You mess with one…you might end up getting piled on. :)

I am kinda. They make this really cute cooing noise when they eat with other turkeys. I've got that down. Not southern enough to do all the all other calls -- YET..

For all I know, that noise means "get out of my way".. :laugh:
I can kinda do the way chickens talk in the morning. Had a neighbor with hens and I loved sitting on my deck with my coffee, being serenaded.

Forum List

Back