Your all time NFL All Pro Team

My list in red

If you don't want to post one, you can just TRY and pick mine apart... :razz:

Offense:

QB- John Elway - Tom Brady (he earned it)
RB - Walter Payton
FB - Larry Csonka - Franco Harris
WR - Jerry Rice
WR- James Lofton Michael Irvin - #2 WR is a tough Call - Going off talent it would be Moss or TO, but they didn't play all the time. Going off stats it would be Steve Largent, but he wouldn't be mid-trier in todays game. I think Irvin was great and played hard every down.
TE - Ozzie Newsome - Shannon Sharpe - Tough to put him over Ditka, but Sharpe was the best receiving TE of all time and he could block also
OT- Jonathan Ogden - Larry Allen - Strongest man in NFL history
OT - Anthony Munoz
OG- Mike Muchak
OG - John Hannah
C - Dwight Stephenson - Bruce Matthews

Defense: ( 3-4 )

DE - Reggie White
DT - Joe Greene
DE - Richard Dent - Julius Peppers
LB - Lawrence Taylor
LB- Ray Lewis - Dick Butkus
LB - Mike Singletary
CB - Deion Sanders
CB - Mike Haynes - Rod Woodson - Undeniably the best ever, Sanders was a better cover man, but couldn't tackle, Woodson was the #2 best cover man in history and could hit hard
S - Ronnie Lott
S - Ken Houston- Troy Polamalu - Yep I mark him high, but I think he will go down as the 2nd best when he retires

Keep in mind, i'm not as old as some of you fellas......;)

P.S. Screw Kickers.....

Solid list indeed, i just disagree about Butkus over Lewis, Butkus was a bad mofo though....

Offense

QB- Joe Montana
RB- Jim Brown
RB- Walter Payton
WR- Jerry Rice
WR- Randy Moss
TE- Tony Gonzales
C- Mike Webster
T- Anthony Munoz
T- Art Shell
G- John Hannah
G- Larry Little

Defense

DE- Reggie White
DT- Joe Greene
DE- Deacon Jones
OLB- Lawrence Taylor
ILB- Ray Lewis
ILB- Dick Butkus
OLB- Mike Singeltary
CB- Deon Sanders
CB- Darrrel Green
S- Ron Lott
S- Mel Renfro

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This!!

Thanks for saving me the work.
'Cept I'd keep Jerry Rice and trade Randy Moss for Lynn Swan and put Marino in for Montana
:eusa_whistle:

I was an impressionable 6yr old when I started watching the Dolphins with my dad.
That was 1972
:eusa_shhh:

Randy Moss was gifted but too selfish to be great. I would take Charley Joiner over Moss any day.

Lynn Swan was on a great team and was known for running out of bounds.

Marino had a great arm and a great mind for reading defenses but he never won a championship so he's no better then Dan Fouts or any other QB with a great arm.

I can't count the number of one-armed grabs Swan made in the endzone.
I still remember seeing him jump a limo that was parked at the back of the endzone. The ground was too snowy to stop so he just jumped the damned thing.

How many top records still have Marino's name next to them?
Peyton is working on replacing them, though.

I liked what Griece had to say about Marino's statue: "It's a good representation of his running ability"
:lol:

Four Super Bowl rings. Four.

And Lambert had:
1,045 solo tackles, 23.5 sacks, 28 interceptions, played on nine Pro Bowl teams, was named 1st team on 7 of them, was named Defensive Rookie of the year in 1974 and Defensive Player of the year in 1976. His career was only ten years long.

Perhaps Ray Lewis can get permission from his Probation Officer to one day carry Mr. Lambert's jock strap for him.

Lewis trounces Lambert and Elway trounces Bradshaw, homer.

Since you wanna go stupid with the alleged criminal shit, weren't those Steeler SuperBowl teams on steroids?.....:eusa_whistle:

And here's Mr. Lambert in Canton, Ohio:

Lambert_Jack_Induction_180-220.jpg

Ray Lewis is so good they might give him his BEFORE he retires....

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This!!

'Cept I'd keep Jerry Rice and trade Randy Moss for Lynn Swan and put Marino in for Montana

I was an impressionable 6yr old when I started watching the Dolphins with my dad.
That was 1972

Randy Moss was gifted but too selfish to be great. I would take Charley Joiner over Moss any day.

Marino had a great arm and a great mind for reading defenses but he never won a championship so he's no better then Dan Fouts or any other QB with a great arm.

I still remember seeing him jump a limo that was parked at the back of the endzone. The ground was too snowy to stop so he just jumped the damned thing.

I liked what Griece had to say about Marino's statue: "It's a good representation of his running ability"

If you're talking who has the best hands Chris Carter had the best.

If you're talking greatest receivers Lynn Swann isn't even in my top ten.

true dat

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This!!

That was 1972

I can't believe the love Lynn Swan is getting on this thread. He is not even in my top 10. I even rate him behind John Stallworth on those great Steeler teams. Swann was pretty and graceful but Stallworth was tougher and better in the clutch

Last edited:
My top twenty receivers:

Jerry Rice
John Jefferson
Lance Alworth
Micheal Irvin
Cris Carter
Steve Largent
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Fred Biletnikoff
Don Manard
Paul Warfield
Lynn Swann
Cliff Branch
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Steve Smith
Raymond Berry
Art Monk
James Lofton

Chris Carter is/was the most under-rated receiver of all time.
:cool:

Here's a name from the past but I can't recall his position:
Willie "White Shoes" Wilson (or was it Nelson)

And staying on track with the Phins, Zach Thomas earned his place on D.

I can't believe the love Lynn Swan is getting on this thread. He is not even in my top 10. I even rate him behind John Stallworth on those great Steeler teams. Swann was pretty and graceful but Stallworth was tougher and better in the clutch

I think my mention of Swan is attributed to my afore mentioned "impressionable age".
I'm very anti Dallas Cowboys so seeing the Steelers trounce them, back then, meant a lot.

Chris Carter is/was the most under-rated receiver of all time.

Here's a name from the past but I can't recall his position:
Willie "White Shoes" Wilson (or was it Nelson)

And staying on track with the Phins, Zach Thomas earned his place on D.

Think it was White Shoes Johnson- played for the Oilers

My top twenty receivers:

Jerry Rice
John Jefferson
Lance Alworth
Micheal Irvin
Cris Carter
Steve Largent
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Fred Biletnikoff
Don Manard
Paul Warfield
Lynn Swann
Cliff Branch
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Steve Smith
Raymond Berry
Art Monk
James Lofton

No Marvin Harrison?

My top twenty receivers:

Jerry Rice
John Jefferson
Lance Alworth
Micheal Irvin
Cris Carter
Steve Largent
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Fred Biletnikoff
Don Manard
Paul Warfield
Lynn Swann
Cliff Branch
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Steve Smith
Raymond Berry
Art Monk
James Lofton

Great list. Not sure on the order though

God I loved watching Biletnikoff. Great hands and clutch

No Bob Hayes?

My list in red

If you don't want to post one, you can just TRY and pick mine apart... :razz:

Offense:

QB- John Elway - Tom Brady (he earned it)
RB - Walter Payton
FB - Larry Csonka - Franco Harris
WR - Jerry Rice
WR- James Lofton Michael Irvin - #2 WR is a tough Call - Going off talent it would be Moss or TO, but they didn't play all the time. Going off stats it would be Steve Largent, but he wouldn't be mid-trier in todays game. I think Irvin was great and played hard every down.
TE - Ozzie Newsome - Shannon Sharpe - Tough to put him over Ditka, but Sharpe was the best receiving TE of all time and he could block also
OT- Jonathan Ogden - Larry Allen - Strongest man in NFL history
OT - Anthony Munoz
OG- Mike Muchak
OG - John Hannah
C - Dwight Stephenson - Bruce Matthews

Defense: ( 3-4 )

DE - Reggie White
DT - Joe Greene
DE - Richard Dent - Julius Peppers
LB - Lawrence Taylor
LB- Ray Lewis - Dick Butkus
LB - Mike Singletary
CB - Deion Sanders
CB - Mike Haynes - Rod Woodson - Undeniably the best ever, Sanders was a better cover man, but couldn't tackle, Woodson was the #2 best cover man in history and could hit hard
S - Ronnie Lott
S - Ken Houston- Troy Polamalu - Yep I mark him high, but I think he will go down as the 2nd best when he retires

Keep in mind, i'm not as old as some of you fellas......;)

P.S. Screw Kickers.....

Solid list indeed, i just disagree about Butkus over Lewis, Butkus was a bad mofo though....

That is the Chictown coming out of me! I will admit putting Payton over Jim Brown and B.Sanders is probably a homer move also.

Last edited:
Bradsahw has four Super Bowl rings, nuff said. Lambert has never been arrested. Think about it.

Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl Ring if that's your best argument. Elway was just the better QB, he did more with less than any other QB in history. I'm looking at it objectively, you seem to be looking at it through homer glasses.

The "Ray Lewis is a criminal" stuff is just a deflection from the fact that he's better than any Steeler LB ever was, which hurts Steeler fans because they take pride in their LB's......
Four Super Bowl rings. Four.

And Lambert had:
1,045 solo tackles, 23.5 sacks, 28 interceptions, played on nine Pro Bowl teams, was named 1st team on 7 of them, was named Defensive Rookie of the year in 1974 and Defensive Player of the year in 1976. His career was only ten years long.

Perhaps Ray Lewis can get permission from his Probation Officer to one day carry Mr. Lambert's jock strap for him.

Here's an article written by one of your own, clown:

Starkey: Steelers outlaws of the NFL
By Joe Starkey, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, July 14, 2011

Next time you hear somebody say, "The Steelers wouldn't sign a guy like that" or "The Steelers wouldn't draft a guy like that" — intimating that the Steelers stay away from bad apples and controversial types — feel free to laugh heartily in that person's face. For several hours.

While the Steelers might not take on other people's lightning rods, they do an excellent job of manufacturing their own — James Harrison being the latest example with his incendiary comments in the August issue of Men's Journal.

Truth is, this franchise has become the modern-day version of the 1970s Oakland Raiders. Outlaws of the NFL. Some might view that as an insult (especially if they grew up in these parts hating those Raiders), others as a compliment.

It is undeniably true.

Now, the Steelers clearly remain the NFL's model team in the most important category: winning. They do that better than anyone. But those still pointing to this franchise as some kind of moral beacon? They're flat-out delusional.

It was just a year ago that coach Mike Tomlin uttered the following: "I think it's well known that we're very, very conscious of how we do business, that we're very highly concerned about our image, perception, how we conduct ourselves, our standards of conduct. I think it's above and beyond that of our peers. We embrace that."

Wow, is that funny.

I'm not sure a professional sports franchise has ever undergone an image transplant quite like the Steelers during these past few years.

To wit ...The star quarterback (Ben Roethlisberger) has twice been accused of sexual assault. Though never convicted, or even arrested, he was suspended for four games at the start of the 2010 season for violating the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy.

• The biggest celebrity on the team (receiver Hines Ward), fresh off winning "Dancing With the Stars," was arrested for DUI last weekend.

• The former star receiver (Santonio Holmes), a consistent source of trouble, was finally dumped last spring after inviting a fan, via Twitter, to "kill urself." Some lauded the Steelers for this move, ignoring the fact that Holmes was given roughly 632 chances before they finally cut ties.

• The starting tailback/conversationalist/structural engineer (Rashard Mendenhall) made national headlines when, in the wake of Osama bin Laden's death, he questioned in a tweet whether airplanes really could take down skyscrapers.

• The entire team rebelled against the NFL last season, spitting in the face of rules adjustments allegedly designed to reduce catastrophic injuries and ripping commissioner Roger Goodell on multiple occasions. Ward called the NFL "hypocrites." Even the softest-spoken player of all, safety Troy Polamalu, has taken his shots from time to time, once labeling the NFL a "pansy league."

• The other safety (Ryan Clark) is the closest thing the NFL has to old Raiders menace Jack "The Assassin" Tatum, destroying pass catchers and prompting the league to alter its rules. He's not shy about blasting Goodell, either.

• Finally, and most recently, there is Harrison, photographed brandishing his guns in a Men's Journal article titled "Confessions of an NFL Hit Man." I'm guessing that won't double as the cover of the team's media guide. In the story, Harrison calls Goodell a "crook" and a "devil." He also rips Roethlisberger and Mendenhall, giving the Steelers the feel of another '70s Oakland team — the dysfunctional but highly successful Athletics.

What to make of all of this?

Well, if I'm the Steelers, I'm not getting rid of Harrison. He's too good. But it's interesting that his remarks have surfaced when longtime NFL receiver Plaxico Burress, just out of prison, is looking for a team.

Don't expect the Steelers to inquire.

They would never sign a guy like that.

P.S. If Mendenhall keeps supporting terrorists, Lewis will separate his shoulder for him worse than he did last time......:cool:

RM.jpg

Last edited:
Offense

QB- Joe Montana
RB- Jim Brown
RB- Walter Payton
WR- Jerry Rice
WR- Randy Moss
TE- Tony Gonzales
C- Mike Webster
T- Anthony Munoz
T- Art Shell
G- John Hannah
G- Larry Little

Defense

DE- Reggie White
DT- Joe Greene
DE- Deacon Jones
OLB- Lawrence Taylor
ILB- Ray Lewis
ILB- Dick Butkus
OLB- Mike Singeltary
CB- Deon Sanders
CB- Darrrel Green
S- Ron Lott
S- Mel Renfro

I agree with most of your list except for Randy Moss.

took plays and sometimes entire games off.......

Yeah. I read Starkey and I read his column back in July. Most of his complaints were about the player's reactions to Goodell pansying up the league. And Harrison had a bullseye on his jersey from game 1 last season. There were even calls made on him before any play was made! And if Ryan Clark, Troy Polumalu and Harrison all believe that the rules changes make for less aggressive (and therefore more boring) play, I agree with them. Hell! Even Lambert once said during his playing days that they may as well just put the quarterback in a skirt!

Offense

QB- Joe Montana
RB- Jim Brown
RB- Walter Payton
WR- Jerry Rice
WR- Randy Moss
TE- Tony Gonzales
C- Mike Webster
T- Anthony Munoz
T- Art Shell
G- John Hannah
G- Larry Little

Defense

DE- Reggie White
DT- Joe Greene
DE- Deacon Jones
OLB- Lawrence Taylor
ILB- Ray Lewis
ILB- Dick Butkus
OLB- Mike Singeltary
CB- Deon Sanders
CB- Darrrel Green
S- Ron Lott
S- Mel Renfro

I really hated to put him on there. But I never saw a receiver dominate a game like Moss did on Minnesota and NE

Offense

QB- Joe Montana
RB- Jim Brown
RB- Walter Payton
WR- Jerry Rice
WR- Randy Moss
TE- Tony Gonzales
C- Mike Webster
T- Anthony Munoz
T- Art Shell
G- John Hannah
G- Larry Little

Defense

DE- Reggie White
DT- Joe Greene
DE- Deacon Jones
OLB- Lawrence Taylor
ILB- Ray Lewis
ILB- Dick Butkus
OLB- Mike Singeltary
CB- Deon Sanders
CB- Darrrel Green
S- Ron Lott
S- Mel Renfro

I really hated to put him on there. But I never saw a receiver dominate a game like Moss did on Minnesota and NE

Played for about 3 teams in one year.

Said Tom Brady looked like a girl.

Rice, Monk and Winslow to catch the ball thrown by Montana. I like the most of the O-lines, but I would have to put Larry Allen in there, I love seeing 340lb linemen blowing up a LB to create a hole. Speaking of holes, no disrespect to Walter, Jim or Emmitt but I would like to see what Sanders could do behind these linemen, never saw a RB so consistanyly make the first TWO guys miss then Barry, Barry also had the quickness and shear speed to be in the secondary before the defense could react ... If he had a hole, which this O-Line would make

My other RB .... Man ... Tough .... Maybe Faulk ... I like the idea of the recievers stretching the feild and letting Marshall work the short passing game.