You know we are slacking behind when

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
We should ashamed and embarrassed that Eskimos and small villages in Romania are using 4k and 5k VR180 3d cameras while we are still shooting overly compressed 720p 2d videos.
My TV cable provider is still pushing 480p resolution when 1080p should be the standard and 4k and 8k should be the premium.
We were promised HD was gonna be mandatory standard over 10-15 years ago.
MY DATA SPEED IS less then 800kbps down from the 2-3mb actual 4G speed intro years ago, I'm sure those Eskimos are getting 5G by now. Somewhere in an igloo near the North Pole is an Eskimo bundled up in fur coats eating blubber and getting faster clearer services then I am here in the supposed most advanced country in the world.

We should ashamed and embarrassed that Eskimos and small villages in Romania are using 4k and 5k VR180 3d cameras while we are still shooting overly compressed 720p 2d videos.
My TV cable provider is still pushing 480p resolution when 1080p should be the standard and 4k and 8k should be the premium.
MY DATA SPEED IS less then 800kbps down from the 2-3mb actual 4G speed intro years ago, I'm sure those Eskimos are getting 5G by now. Somewhere in an igloo near the North Pole is an Eskimo bundled up in fur coats eating blubber and getting faster clearer services then I am here in the supposed most advanced country in the world.
Enjoy being soaked by your corporate masters...Capitalism is fun isn't it?

Actually these problems arise from lack of competition, to many monopolies, etc...
And the cable company I am speaking about that prevents competitors from access to their community lines is Comcast owners of your always wrong news source MSNBC.
The GOV'T PROMISED HD WOULD BE STANDARD MANDITORY, but we all know how the politicians are compromised by Comcast's campaign donations and media lifeline.

Actually these problems arise from lack of competition, to many monopolies, etc...
And the cable company I am speaking about that prevents competitors from access to their community lines is Comcast owners of your always wrong news source MSNBC.
The GOV'T PROMISED HD WOULD BE STANDARD MANDITORY, but we all know how the politicians are compromised by Comcast's campaign donations and media lifeline.
They put fiber optic cable out in the rural areas in 1999 where I live so I don't have that problem yet I have no cable I stream all my content and it cost me nothing except for the receiver which doubles as a game station...The bandwidths are increasing so much that it is very hard to keep up with infrastructure..Because they are doing it the old fashioned way via cables...They could do it with wireless yet they need to soak the consumer base a little longer...

Yeah, and that choice to milk their customers backfired when they chose what you did, streaming, and people like me to just use Data for online access means the Phone companies and online streaming services spell the demise of the more greedy cable & internet service company while the better service ones are still able to maintain "satisfied" customers.

The mistake was made when we allowed private ownership of the new communication infrastructure. It should have been nationalized from day one.

The mistake was made when we allowed private ownership of the new communication infrastructure. It should have been nationalized from day one.
They do have assistance for low income through lifeline which is half paid by the regulated company and half gov't assist(so not a full burden on the Gov't). If some people disagree with you and cringe at gov't owning/running thus stiffling progress then Programs to assist lower income have affordable access might be the lesser of 2 evils.

Forum List

Back