You know, maybe we deserve Joe Biden.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
When I was a high school freshman in 1961 I was in the advanced class, so I was forced to read George Orwell’s dystopian novel, 1984. As a sophomore the boredom continued with Animal Farm. Why, I asked myself, do they make us read this stuff? Ministry of Truth? Some animals are more equal than others? What kind of absurd manure are they forcing on us? None of this could ever happen! What a waste of time, Blah, blah, blah!

Well, now we have Joe Biden, and I am not reading these novels, I am living them. Some of the other classes got to read a Tale of Two Cities. Not ours, we got Brave New World when I was a junior. Huxley was just as futuristically precocious as Orwell-Watch a cognitively denuded television commercial and you will see that Huxley and Orwell are faces on opposite sides of the same coin. I missed the genius of these modern seers of course; their warnings went over my head like a cloud on a mostly sunny day.

When Orwell published his masterpiece in 1949 only about six percent of Americans had a TV set. Yet he accurately predicted the screens that watch the people as much as the people watch the screens. Huxley authentically forecasted the rise of the televised advertising industry and its influence in spreading vacuousness from coast to coast.

My laziness and probably yours are now reaping the whirlwind of Black Lives Matter and Critical Race Theory. Doublespeak and newspeak are as ubiquitous in public discourse as the alphabet is in a first-grade classroom. Defund the police? The police are the criminals, and the criminals are the victims. War is good and not bombing distant countries with primitive, medieval, and poverty-stricken populations is bad.

And of course, rewriting history is job one in our illustrious system of education. Indoctrination of a captive audience of cultural orphans wired on Adderall, Ritalin, and micro doses of LSD because they are afflicted with politically correct maladies like attention deficit disorder and behavioral defiant personality traits. Government encouraged improvident parenting leaves storefronts boarded and businesses burned to the ground while opioids destroy an entire generation.

Google, Facebook, Twitter, along with corrupted print and screen media censor any voices that challenge today’s Ministry of Truth. Perhaps you and I deserve Joe Biden. We should have paid more attention in school.

When I was a high school freshman in 1961 I was in the advanced class, so I was forced to read George Orwell’s dystopian novel, 1984. As a sophomore the boredom continued with Animal Farm. Why, I asked myself, do they make us read this stuff? Ministry of Truth? Some animals are more equal than others? What kind of absurd manure are they forcing on us? None of this could ever happen! What a waste of time, Blah, blah, blah!

Well, now we have Joe Biden, and I am not reading these novels, I am living them. Some of the other classes got to read a Tale of Two Cities. Not ours, we got Brave New World when I was a junior. Huxley was just as futuristically precocious as Orwell-Watch a cognitively denuded television commercial and you will see that Huxley and Orwell are faces on opposite sides of the same coin. I missed the genius of these modern seers of course; their warnings went over my head like a cloud on a mostly sunny day.

When Orwell published his masterpiece in 1949 only about six percent of Americans had a TV set. Yet he accurately predicted the screens that watch the people as much as the people watch the screens. Huxley authentically forecasted the rise of the televised advertising industry and its influence in spreading vacuousness from coast to coast.

My laziness and probably yours are now reaping the whirlwind of Black Lives Matter and Critical Race Theory. Doublespeak and newspeak are as ubiquitous in public discourse as the alphabet is in a first-grade classroom. Defund the police? The police are the criminals, and the criminals are the victims. War is good and not bombing distant countries with primitive, medieval, and poverty-stricken populations is bad.

And of course, rewriting history is job one in our illustrious system of education. Indoctrination of a captive audience of cultural orphans wired on Adderall, Ritalin, and micro doses of LSD because they are afflicted with politically correct maladies like attention deficit disorder and behavioral defiant personality traits. Government encouraged improvident parenting leaves storefronts boarded and businesses burned to the ground while opioids destroy an entire generation.

Google, Facebook, Twitter, along with corrupted print and screen media censor any voices that challenge today’s Ministry of Truth. Perhaps you and I deserve Joe Biden. We should have paid more attention in school.

I suspect, at this late hour, Ray that no amount of attention payed to those great and early science fiction masters could have saved our civilization. The concept of life imitating art really did not sink in until what? The 1970's? But let's forget for a moment about ships that never passed at all in the night. The real and present problem, in my opinion, with modern Americans at this very moment is their lack of willingness to no-shit actually fight the forces of evil and darkness which have overshadowed their nation and are stealing their rights and freedoms. At this point in time it seems to me like nothing much else matters. Once upon a time our young and brave men were eager and unafraid to go to war against the likes of the Nazis and other monsters. But now? Now the concept of actually using violence to save Madame Blue is lost and drained down into the dirt. And so the book closes on America Chapter: THE END.

If you posted that on Twitter you'd have your account locked, Ray! Such views are "dangerous"!

I remember back in the 60's when the Left fought for freedom of speech and against censorship! Now the Left demands "safe spaces" and thinks that dissenting opinions shouldn't be argued against but be kept from being heard all together!

I suspect, at this late hour, Ray that no amount of attention payed to those great and early science fiction masters could have saved our civilization. The concept of life imitating art really did not sink in until what? The 1970's? But let's forget for a moment about ships that never passed at all in the night. The real and present problem, in my opinion, with modern Americans at this very moment is their lack of willingness to no-shit actually fight the forces of evil and darkness which have overshadowed their nation and are stealing their rights and freedoms. At this point in time it seems to me like nothing much else matters. Once upon a time our young and brave men were eager and unafraid to go to war against the likes of the Nazis and other monsters. But now? Now the concept of actually using violence to save Madame Blue is lost and drained down into the dirt. And so the book closes on America Chapter: THE END.
I believe when it gets to the point when no food is on the table, that will be the turning point-and that is not far off.

I agree 100%.
The Keepers of America, Conservatives, fell asleep at the wheel for decades and now their kindness has killed them. They turned a blind eye to too many things for far too long. I’m not sure there’s a pathway for them to win America back.
The sad thing is; some of us have the means to flee while others do not, some will be forced to comform to Leftist ideals...SAD

If you posted that on Twitter you'd have your account locked, Ray! Such views are "dangerous"!

I remember back in the 60's when the Left fought for freedom of speech and against censorship! Now the Left demands "safe spaces" and thinks that dissenting opinions shouldn't be argued against but be kept from being heard all together!
I am an old man. I do not even know how to get on twitter.:sleep:

We are living a Brave New World dystopia, not 1984. You hate that private entities can block government propaganda. Examine yourself.

We are living a Brave New World dystopia, not 1984. You hate that private entities can block government propaganda. Examine yourself.
Oh, yes. The free exchange of ideas is dangerous hate speech. Now I get it.

Told my kid about those books back when he and his friends were reading "The Hunger Games."

I told him that Orwell and Huxley really were the ones that first put dystopian fiction on the map. He was a pretty big fan of the Hunger Games, The Maze series, and The Giver.

So, when he was over to celebrate his birthday with his girlfriend, and we got to talking about what is going on, those books came up again.

I was a bit shocked to find out, his girlfriend, a straight A student that graduated from her high-school with honors, and who had also loved the Hunger Games, and never even heard of A Brave New World. Credit though, she had heard something of Orwell.

He was a big comics geek to growing up. . . I had bought him "V for Vendetta," the comic book back then. . . odd that movie featured the ruling elites releasing a virus on the population to increase their control over everyone. . . . hmmm. . . when reality mirrors art?

So, for Christmas, I bought him both 1984 and A Brave New World.

por-que-no-los-dos-gif-7.gif

No, we deserve AOC and Katie Porter and Bernie Sanders. Well, decent Americans do...

AOC and Katie Porter and Bernie Sanders are those pigs who regard themselves as being more equal than others. The same type of leaders Orwell satirized in Animal Farm.

Don't blame me, I voted for Trump.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back