You don't get to tell us what guns we can own,by David French......

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Great writer.....

Dear Anti-Gun Liberals, Don't Tell Me Which Gun I 'Need' for Self-Defense

And that brings us to the next point. If the justification for banning a weapon is simply that “criminals find it easy to use to kill lots of people,” then the quest to narrow private ownership of firearms to the mythical class of weapons that law-abiding civilians find handy for self-defense but that criminals can’t use to commit mass murder will reduce legal gun ownership to the vanishing point.

Any weapon that’s easy for law-abiding citizens to use is just as easy for criminals to abuse.

In reality, jihadists are the class of criminal least likely to be deterred by gestures like assault-weapons bans.

In a nation with millions of AR-style rifles, is it really the case that a determined jihadist would have any real challenge getting his hands on the rifle he wants?

In France and Belgium, jihadists often possess fully automatic AK-47s — a true “military weapon” — in spite of gun controls far more draconian than any proposed in the U.S. If you want to stop jihad, gun control is the least effective mechanism.

Read more at: Dear Anti-Gun Liberals, Don't Tell Me Which Gun I 'Need' for Self-Defense

Every weapon is a weapon of war, either now or in the past. Knives, bows, axes, hammers, spears, swords, muskets, shotguns, revolvers, semiautomatics, full-auto, they've all been used to kill people by the bushel.

But let's pretend that things like the M4 and the AR-15are weapons of war and only belong on the battlefield. It begs the question, if they really are military weapons, why should police have them? They aren't an occupying force, we are citizens and not under siege by our own government, so why should Officer Friendly have military weapons? If the argument comes down to SWAT situations and warrants and that kind of stuff, why stop at small arms? Why not give police tanks and fighter jets, just in case?

Forum List

Back