You can't move the needle when it's already pinned.

Oh, it's not okay, but I can't worry about things I have no control over. :dunno:

The damage is already done there, and I don't know how to fix it.

A Hail Mary would be free adult night school classes in Critical Thinking, maybe?

Do not think I haven't given this some thought, just haven't come up with any great solutions.

It'll take some big brain thinking to fix the indoctrination, if anyone ever puts forth an effort to do so, that is.
Agreed. But how to undo your brainwashing is not an easy question to answer.

Agreed. But how to undo your brainwashing is not an easy question to answer.

^This is how I know you're not quite as stupid as you pretend to be.
movie.gif

No. Engeron is just that biased and ignorant.
You've swallowed whole the RICO Don narrative. If you rule against him you're biased. If you fine him for outlandish accusations, having been warned not to make them, you're unfair. If you indict him you are part of the deep state. If you prosecute him you are corrupt. Everyone is out to get poor Don.

You've swallowed whole the RICO Don narrative. If you rule against him you're biased. If you fine him for outlandish accusations, having been warned not to make them, you're unfair. If you indict him you are part of the deep state. If you prosecute him you are corrupt. Everyone is out to get poor Don.

They are out to get decent Americans.
President Trump is just in the way.

We have become numb to this, and that may be the worst part of this whole disaster.

The country has allowed itself to be led into the sewer by the most obvious con man we've ever seen. This is a self-inflicted wound.

This is about us, not him.
He's never won a maj of votes, so it's not "all" of us.

I do understand (and I feel it too) the disaster W visited on the US. He wrecked our military and spent some 6 trillion in fucking Mesopotamia .... while simultaneously reversing our defense policy vis a vis not getting into wars if there's an option, and always having a back door to exit if things go to shit, wrecking the economy by not regulating lending (Xi notices btw).

Now of course they blame Biden for doing exactly what Trump promised in Afghan. But it's part of the ties to Trump. Despite the irrefutable proof of Murdoch's own admissions of lies about the election, the Trumpers cannot move on. Financially ruined by a lying W, they tied their wagons to an even bigger liar. And that's what I cannot understand. I'm never voting again from anyone in the Turtle/W camp, but this country is too big and great to not find another goper who simply and first wants to find a way to cut our deficits in half in four years.

I dunno. DeSanatonious was a horrid candidate. And little Nicky's plan is to legalize abortion up to 15 weeks .... which is Roe, and you know the Xians aren't going for that.

Also the financial system.
If James succeeds, the state will lose millions and millions in revenue, housing and commercial units, and jobs.

Much more than they could ever squeeze out of Trump and it will be year after year after year.

Effectively permanent.

We live in a constant state of astonishment. Like a person suffering from sensory overload, at some point our senses essentially shut down, no longer able to react. Such is the case with respect to the news cycle reporting the relentless swings of the orange hued, human wrecking ball.

Consider, if you can, at a recent rally he once again used Paul Pelosi's skull fracture, an injury inflicted by a man charged with attempted murder, as a punchline.

He also used the platform at a rally to say the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs should be executed for disloyalty to him. Rather than being booed off the stage his adoring followers laughed.

Contemplate that before moving on.

Or maybe it's just too much.

Can't manage it? I understand.

His older sister recently passed away. I was reminded she resigned her lifetime position on the federal bench just days after it was announced her role in the Trump family tax fraud scheme, reported by the NYT, was being investigated by a panel reviewing judicial conduct. An otherwise major scandal lost in the deluge of scandals.

Contemplate that before moving on. Or maybe it's just too much.

We recently learned plans are being made for a second term. They include turning the Justice Dept. in to a personal vendetta machine worthy of banana republics. Also, authorizing the military to crush any protests that may ensue from arrests of political enemies. Storylines associated with dictatorships. Having a hard time processing them coming from the US about the presumptive POT nominee for the presidency? I don't blame you. This can't be happening here, right? WRONG.

Take a moment. Or maybe it's just too much.

Experiencing disbelief? I have an idea about why.

Being social animals, we sometimes take our behavioral cues from those around us. Today is Thursday. Folks are getting their kids ready for school, eating breakfast, walking the dog. Things feel normal. Leaders of the POT, both official and titular, conservative pundits, the editorial pages of right wing newspapers, our neighbors, are not denouncing him......and the fawning sycophants who surround him......in the strongest possible ways. Not on their side of the aisle at least. The suggestion of having soldiers in our midst, putting down and or arresting protestors reacting to dictatorial practices, making jokes about an attack on an 82 year old man, proposing the execution of a decorated general, are met by the aforementioned pols and neighbors with a collective shrug. How can this be? How can they not be outraged? Maybe they're too busy watching The Masked Singer. Or maybe they just don't mind.

<YAWN!>

They have created it.

40 years ago Trump never would have been given the air time he is getting today. The guy is a malignant narcissist megalomaniac and the "news" media is just giving him what he wants so they can get more outrage fodder.
Ill bet it really burns you up that the leading Republican candidate gets equal time on the media.

That would mean treating him the same as Biden or Hillary.

Outrageous!

We have become numb to this, and that may be the worst part of this whole disaster.

The country has allowed itself to be led into the sewer by the most obvious con man we've ever seen. This is a self-inflicted wound.

This is about us, not him.
Nonsense.
Politicians have been saying outrageous things since, well there were politicians.
All over the world in fact, and in every century.

Forum List

Back