You are a cop and you hear 6'4" black mugged owner and now is trying to take you gun...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
do you surrender the gun because according to Holder, YOU are the problem!

Holder also has publicly discussed the need to ease tensions between police departments and minority communities. The Justice Department has also targeted flawed police departments, initiating roughly 20 investigations of local police agencies — including Ferguson — in the past five years.
Holder Says New Justice Department Policy Will End Racial Profiling CBS Atlanta
  • In 2008, 12,501 local police departments with the equivalent of at least one full-time officer were operating in the U.S.
  • In 2008, local police departments had about 593,000 full-time employees, including 461,000 sworn officers. About 60% of all state and local sworn personnel were local police officers.
Bureau of Justice Statistics BJS - Local Police

20 flawed departments out of 12,501 represents 1/10th of 1% ...0.12%.

So what are these "flawed" departments doing...racial profiling?

The "National Youth Gang Survey Analysis" (2011) state that of gang members,
46% are Hispanic/Latino, 35% are African-American/black,

11.5% are white, and 7% are other race/ethnicity.[34]

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in the year 2008 black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery.
Black youths were overrepresented in all offense categories except DUI, liquor laws and drunkenness.
Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Perhaps the police should take the various neighborhoods at their word. If they don't want the police on their streets, the police could post signs at the ends of the blocks in question that they will no longer enter those neighborhoods.

Perhaps the police should take the various neighborhoods at their word. If they don't want the police on their streets, the police could post signs at the ends of the blocks in question that they will no longer enter those neighborhoods.
OH RIGHT!!
A sign kind of like this ?
Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 2.13.07 PM.png

OH RIGHT!!
View attachment 34648

Yeah, something like that. I think anti-gun activists should do the same thing, and put up signs in their yards that say something like "This house proudly gun free". I have yet to see that happen.

OH RIGHT!!
View attachment 34648

Yeah, something like that. I think anti-gun activists should do the same thing, and put up signs in their yards that say something like "This house proudly gun free". I have yet to see that happen.
Like this one?

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 9.18.35 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 9.19.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 9.19.34 AM.png
    40 KB · Views: 63
OH RIGHT!!
View attachment 34648

Like this one?

View attachment 34674

Demonstrating the strengths of one's convictions, exactly.

Forum List

Back