Yet another record close!

Close this

dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-just-because-6888156.png

And more democommie tears.
Didn't we just have a crash that was bigger than the 2008 crash Bush caused? Did you post/brag about that?

And, I asked this yesterday but no one answered. How come if I put money into my 401K every month, how come I'm not getting rich buying low? Us 401K investors invest every month regardless of if the stocks are up or down. So shouldn't we be buying a lot of stock really low when the stock market crashes?

Please cons, don't be smart asses. Don't try to suggest I'm stupid for not knowing because I think it's a scam. I think a crashed market should mean cheap stock and us monthly investors should be making out great when this happens. The only ones who should be crying are people who are trying to retire this month. They will have to wait for the stocks to go back up.

Didn't we just have a crash that was bigger than the 2008 crash Bush caused?

Bigger? No.

How come if I put money into my 401K every month, how come I'm not getting rich buying low?

Depends, how many months have you been doing that?

So shouldn't we be buying a lot of stock really low when the stock market crashes?

If you have cash sitting on the sidelines and you feel this is a temporary dip, you should definitely do that.
If you have a long enough time horizon before you retire or need the money for something else, do it.

Don't try to suggest I'm stupid for not knowing because I think it's a scam.

That's not why we think you're stupid.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just wondering why guys like me aren't happy the stock market took a dump. That should mean the money I put into my 401K this month is buying up a lot of really cheap stocks. Is that how it works?

And when the stock market is up, doesn't that mean I'm paying a lot for each share I buy?

So you would think a guy who isn't retiring for another 13 years would hope the stock market stays bad until election day. I'll make a killing. I contribute the same amount every month no matter what. 20%. Then have it go up as soon as the baffoon is made a 1 term president.

Didn't we just have a crash that was bigger than the 2008 crash Bush caused? Did you post/brag about that?

And, I asked this yesterday but no one answered. How come if I put money into my 401K every month, how come I'm not getting rich buying low? Us 401K investors invest every month regardless of if the stocks are up or down. So shouldn't we be buying a lot of stock really low when the stock market crashes?

Please cons, don't be smart asses. Don't try to suggest I'm stupid for not knowing because I think it's a scam. I think a crashed market should mean cheap stock and us monthly investors should be making out great when this happens. The only ones who should be crying are people who are trying to retire this month. They will have to wait for the stocks to go back up.

Bigger? No.

How come if I put money into my 401K every month, how come I'm not getting rich buying low?

So shouldn't we be buying a lot of stock really low when the stock market crashes?

If you have cash sitting on the sidelines and you feel this is a temporary dip, you should definitely do that.
If you have a long enough time horizon before you retire or need the money for something else, do it.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just wondering why guys like me aren't happy the stock market took a dump. That should mean the money I put into my 401K this month is buying up a lot of really cheap stocks. Is that how it works?

And when the stock market is up, doesn't that mean I'm paying a lot for each share I buy?

So you would think a guy who isn't retiring for another 13 years would hope the stock market stays bad until election day. I'll make a killing. I contribute the same amount every month no matter what. 20%. Then have it go up as soon as the baffoon is made a 1 term president.
The buffoon was a 2 term pres. Trump replaced him in 16.

Bigger? No.

You're a buffoon and I'll prove it.

Trump: We're Going To See Economic Growth Of 4, 5 And Maybe 6 Percent

U.S. Economic Growth Slowed In 2019 To 2.3%

2.3% growth. The buffoon said he'd give us 6% growth. FAIL!

Seems like Obama wasn't so bad after all. You were fooled into thinking he wasn't doing a good job. Look at Trump's failing number. 2.3% growth? Pathetic.

Bigger? No.

I'm just wondering why guys like me aren't happy the stock market took a dump.

Loss aversion.

Why Stock Market Losses Feel More Extreme Than Gains

So you would think a guy who isn't retiring for another 13 years would hope the stock market stays bad until election day. I'll make a killing.

You'll make even more when Trump wins again.

Bigger? No.

Seems like Obama wasn't so bad after all. You were fooled into thinking he wasn't doing a good job. Look at Trump's failing number. 2.3% growth? Pathetic.
Ok, waiting for the proof.

Bigger? No.

Loss aversion.

So you would think a guy who isn't retiring for another 13 years would hope the stock market stays bad until election day. I'll make a killing.

Yea but then will come another Great Recession like the one GW caused. And I won't have my ss cut 20%.

Bigger? No.

Yeah, that's awful! What did you think about Biden's comments in 2010 about "Recovery Summer"?

Seems like Obama wasn't so bad after all.

Still the worst.

Bigger? No.

Loss aversion.

Yea but then will come another Great Recession like the one GW caused. And I won't have my ss cut 20%.

Recessions happen. Buy more stock.
At least we won't have Obama screwing up the recovery.

Bigger? No.

Loss aversion.

You mean Trump is encouraging off-shoring and replacing American engineers with H1-Bs?

Bigger? No.

Yeah, that's awful! What did you think about Biden's comments in 2010 about "Recovery Summer"?

Still the worst.

Yea. worst than GW? Got hit on 9-11, lied us into Iraq. Stole 2 elections and caused the Greatest recession since the Great Depression.

Your comment only proves how one sided you are. Clearly GW took the title from Carter and no one has taken it from GW. You're ruining the title of "worst president ever" if you will take it away from Bush and give it to every/any Democratic president.

I remember when you guys said Clinton was the worst too. Stop it. It's no fun if you will just assign it to whoever the next Democrat is regardless of if they get us out of the great recession with 80 straight months of job gains.

And by the way, Trump and you guys said those monthly jobs numbers were pathetic. But Trump's numbers are the same. This reminds me of you guys saying Obama's 2.2% growth number was pathetic and unacceptable and then Trump's number last year was 2.3%. He promised 3,4 even 5% growth. Fucking liars and idiots who defend the liars.

Bigger? No.

Loss aversion.

he didn't screw up any recovery. We added jobs every month. Not one step backward.

Trump screwed up 2019 by starting a trade war with China. He only had 2.3% growth last year because of it. His own doing!!!

Bigger? No.

Loss aversion.

You mean Trump is encouraging off-shoring and replacing American engineers with H1-Bs?

I bet he is.

Bigger? No.

Yeah the buffoon that had 75 straight months of 6 digit employment gains giving a jump start to the moron trump who thinks he did it all by himself

Bigger? No.

Still the worst.

Yea. worst than GW? Got hit on 9-11, lied us into Iraq. Stole 2 elections and caused the Greatest recession since the Great Depression.

Your comment only proves how one sided you are. Clearly GW took the title from Carter and no one has taken it from GW. You're ruining the title of "worst president ever" if you will take it away from Bush and give it to every/any Democratic president.

I remember when you guys said Clinton was the worst too. Stop it. It's no fun if you will just assign it to whoever the next Democrat is regardless of if they get us out of the great recession with 80 straight months of job gains.

And by the way, Trump and you guys said those monthly jobs numbers were pathetic. But Trump's numbers are the same. This reminds me of you guys saying Obama's 2.2% growth number was pathetic and unacceptable and then Trump's number last year was 2.3%. He promised 3,4 even 5% growth. Fucking liars and idiots who defend the liars.

Yea. worst than GW?

Economically? Yeah, Obama sucked.

Stole 2 elections

Don't be in a tall building election night. The 4th theft might kill you. DURR.

I remember when you guys said Clinton was the worst too.

For a rapist scumbag, Clinton couldn't screw up the economy very much.
This reminds me of you guys saying Obama's 2.2% growth number was pathetic

Yeah, he was pathetic. Imagine what it would have been if he could have crushed oil.

Bigger? No.

Loss aversion.

he didn't screw up any recovery. We added jobs every month. Not one step backward.

Trump screwed up 2019 by starting a trade war with China. He only had 2.3% growth last year because of it. His own doing!!!

he didn't screw up any recovery.

He gave us the weakest recovery since WWII.....on purpose?

We added jobs every month. Not one step backward.

It's possible to grow so slowly that you never have a recession.
Was that what Obama was aiming for?

Bigger? No.

Loss aversion.

I bet he is.
Except for the EO he signed to stop H1-Bs and send lots of them home.

I made a fortune on Clont00n. I got out before the fall(dawt conned bubblehead idiocy)......I also left the US upon Dubya2 and PActz2 and sold my shit for 3X it's real value. I don't watch TV but I paid close attention to Peter Schiffs advice

In 2000 AMD broke the gigahertz barrier first with their Athlon processor.

I remember it was a big deal, like national news reported it. Back then we were at the tail end of what was called the megahertz wars. IPC was similar so you could just look at CPU's frequency and determine relative performance difference between CPUs based on clocks.

In 2006 AMD had a superior product, the Hammer (Opteron and Athlon 64s) Intel was caught off guard. AMD had a faster processor that also offered mainstream 64 bit computing. It was a huge deal.

AMD's market share went to 50%, but Intel bribed many of the top OEMs like HP and Dell, to not use AMD's processors. Intel caught up fairly quickly though, they had multiple teams working on different architectures to close the gap again.

Keep in mind, AMD is less than 1/10th the size of Intel. So any news of that kind will generate an immense hype because there is just so much room for AMD to grow.

Screenshot from 2020-02-25 19-37-09.png

Forum List

Back