Yazidi Women Finally Go To School, Defying Former ISIS Rulers — And Their Own Parents

Why are people so afraid of letting girls get educated? We need to see more of this....hopefully we will. Education drives change but many of these girls, in addition to having to end their education early, also lost years due to the conflict.

Yazidi Women Finally Go To School, Defying Former ISIS Rulers — And Their Own Parents

Before she went to New York last fall to speak to thousands of people, Najla Hussin had never been more than a few hundred miles from her village in northern Iraq.

Hussin, 20, is from Sinjar in northern Iraq, where ISIS swept in four years ago to kill and enslave members of the ancient Yazidi religious minority.

Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani activist for girls' education, met Hussin and other young Yazidi women during a trip last summer to the Kurdistan region of Iraq. She invited Hussin to speak on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly.

In socially conservative Sinjar, girls were expected to stay home and do work in the house or on the farm until they married as teenagers. Hussin persuaded her parents to let her attend primary school. That stopped in seventh grade.

"They said, 'That's enough of going to school. She should be a housewife,'" Hussinrecalls her parents saying. "I was thinking of myself as a child, not as a married woman ... and I thought all my dreams won't come true."

I and also Mr. Lucy have been involved for some time with organisations helping The Yazidi's, I have at random posted at this forum about this while attempting to draw peoples attention to the terrible treatment and mass murder of and threatened Genocide of The Yazidi's:

S0ls8fZqSc6kzJxGWmqD0A.png

Queer storms off set of Sky News

YbaMxo64QPK5gNOIf7GT8w.png

The Women's March is Global

Why are people so afraid of letting girls get educated? We need to see more of this....hopefully we will. Education drives change but many of these girls, in addition to having to end their education early, also lost years due to the conflict.

Before she went to New York last fall to speak to thousands of people, Najla Hussin had never been more than a few hundred miles from her village in northern Iraq.

Hussin, 20, is from Sinjar in northern Iraq, where ISIS swept in four years ago to kill and enslave members of the ancient Yazidi religious minority.

Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani activist for girls' education, met Hussin and other young Yazidi women during a trip last summer to the Kurdistan region of Iraq. She invited Hussin to speak on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly.

In socially conservative Sinjar, girls were expected to stay home and do work in the house or on the farm until they married as teenagers. Hussin persuaded her parents to let her attend primary school. That stopped in seventh grade.

"They said, 'That's enough of going to school. She should be a housewife,'" Hussinrecalls her parents saying. "I was thinking of myself as a child, not as a married woman ... and I thought all my dreams won't come true."

I and also Mr. Lucy have been involved for some time with organisations helping The Yazidi's, I have at random posted at this forum about this while attempting to draw peoples attention to the terrible treatment and mass murder of and threatened Genocide of The Yazidi's:

S0ls8fZqSc6kzJxGWmqD0A.png

Queer storms off set of Sky News

YbaMxo64QPK5gNOIf7GT8w.png

The Women's March is Global

The sad thing is - the Yazidi's have been largely forgotten now that the battle with ISIS has shifted elsewhere. It's kind of like the girls that were kidnapped in Nigeria by the Boko Haran. They come from very traditional strict cultures, and for those who were raped, or worse impregnated and come back with children - they are not always welcomed back into their communities or families. They have a stigma and they are no longer considered "marriageable". It's a double tragedy for this girls and women.

So...let's see. What do ISIS and the Yazidi have in common?
Islam?...maybe? :D
Or maybe not. Do some research. Yazidis - Wikipedia
MMM..interesting. So they are not strictly Muslim...more a hybrid religion from the 12th century. A worship of a fallen angel named Tawusi Melek...wait...fallen angel?
They worship an angel repelled from heaven by God! You mean to tell me that they are SATAN worshipers?!?!!?11
No wonder they don't want their children to go to school. They are possessed Satanists!
Thank you!

They predate Islam.
So does Azazel/Tawusi Melek/Taus Melek aka the Peacock Angel.

Demon worship...by any other name.

That is because Tawûsê Melek is the same as the Ancient Mesopotamian God Dumuzi, he was The God of Shepherds he was just known as Dumuzid The God of Shepherds. This IS because The Yazidi's not ONLY pre-date Islam they go RIGHT BACK to Ancient Mesopotamia itself.

I repeat that The Yazidi's were NOT considered Satan Worshippers by ANYONE UNTIL the late 16th Century/early 17th Century and it was only then that ONLY Islamists began to consider The Yazidi's Satan Worshippers, Mohammed HIMSELF did NOT consider them Satan Worshippers because if he did he would have had them down as that from the 7th Century when he created Islam.

No shit?...you mean they're NOT really Satanists? Imagine my shock at such a revelation. Here I was getting ready to cut my first check to ISIS...

These Yazidi women don't take no shit from Isis. In fact, Isis fighters are scared shitless of Yazidi women fighters. If they're killed by one, they don't get to meet Big Mo and they don't get their 72 ewes.

th
th

th
th

th
th

We are not hearing anything about the Yazidi's now- thanks for bringing this up.

Forum List

Back