Yazidi Women Finally Go To School, Defying Former ISIS Rulers — And Their Own Parents

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Why are people so afraid of letting girls get educated? We need to see more of this....hopefully we will. Education drives change but many of these girls, in addition to having to end their education early, also lost years due to the conflict.

Yazidi Women Finally Go To School, Defying Former ISIS Rulers — And Their Own Parents

Before she went to New York last fall to speak to thousands of people, Najla Hussin had never been more than a few hundred miles from her village in northern Iraq.

Hussin, 20, is from Sinjar in northern Iraq, where ISIS swept in four years ago to kill and enslave members of the ancient Yazidi religious minority.

Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani activist for girls' education, met Hussin and other young Yazidi women during a trip last summer to the Kurdistan region of Iraq. She invited Hussin to speak on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly.

In socially conservative Sinjar, girls were expected to stay home and do work in the house or on the farm until they married as teenagers. Hussin persuaded her parents to let her attend primary school. That stopped in seventh grade.

"They said, 'That's enough of going to school. She should be a housewife,'" Hussinrecalls her parents saying. "I was thinking of myself as a child, not as a married woman ... and I thought all my dreams won't come true."

Defy ISIS...she is 20. How long was ISIS in Iraq? Seems like her family had a bigger say in the matter.
They wanted her to stay home because they couldn't afford to send her to school. Stop transposing western social standards on other cultures. You cannot simply assume that she was denied education for reasons of oppression.

Defy ISIS...she is 20. How long was ISIS in Iraq? Seems like her family had a bigger say in the matter.
They wanted her to stay home because they couldn't afford to send her to school. Stop transposing western social standards on other cultures. You cannot simply assume that she was denied education for reasons of oppression.
If you read the article you would realize it is the cultural norm.

Educating girls scares the shit out some people.

Uhhh..yeah. Thus my reference to her family. So why the ISIS reference? Where do they fit into cultural norms?

Uhhh..yeah. Thus my reference to her family. So why the ISIS reference? Where do they fit into cultural norms?
ISIS codified it and made it much more restrictive and punitive.

So...let's see. What do ISIS and the Yazidi have in common?
Why are people so afraid of letting girls get educated?
Islam?...maybe? :D

Or maybe not. Do some research. Yazidis - Wikipedia

Educating girls scares the shit out some people.
And by some people, you mean "Muslims" correct? They are the only major Race or Religion that is adamantly opposed to women getting the same education and job opportunities as men.

It has more to do with culture and poverty then religion though extremely conservative Muslim and Hindu cultures oppose it. This is pretty informative: The bottom ten countries for female education

The difficult thing is convincing these people that educating their girls will add value beyond marriage.

MMM..interesting. So they are not strictly Muslim...more a hybrid religion from the 12th century. A worship of a fallen angel named Tawusi Melek...wait...fallen angel?
They worship an angel repelled from heaven by God! You mean to tell me that they are SATAN worshipers?!?!!?11
No wonder they don't want their children to go to school. They are possessed Satanists!
Thank you!

MMM..interesting. So they are not strictly Muslim...more a hybrid religion from the 12th century. A worship of a fallen angel named Tawusi Melek...wait...fallen angel?
They worship an angel repelled from heaven by God! You mean to tell me that they are SATAN worshipers?!?!!?11
No wonder they don't want their children to go to school. They are possessed Satanists!
Thank you!

They predate Islam.

Thank you!

They predate Islam.
So does Azazel/Tawusi Melek/Taus Melek aka the Peacock Angel.

Demon worship...by any other name.

The Yazidis are not Muslim but live in hostile Muslim nations who also do not want Muslim girls getting educated.

The Yazidi's believe in One God but one of the central figures to their faith is Tawûsê Melek, the Muslims consider The Yazidis Satan Worshippers because of their worship of Tawûsê Melek the Peacock Angel, which has a similarity in The Qur'an to Iblīs aka Shayṭān who is the Islamic version of Satan, Iblīs was thrown out of Heaven by God because he refused to prostate himself before Adam, The Yazidi's worship Tawûsê Melek because he refused to prostate himself before Adam so the Muslims consider The Yazidi's Satan Worshippers.

Illustrating that the Muslims are fucked up in the head they WORSHIP Iblīs the Islamic version OF Satan BECAUSE he was thrown out of Heaven for REFUSING to prostate himself before Adam, so it's the Muslims who are the Satan Worshippers and NOT The Yazidi's.

I add that the Muslim's have only considered The Yazidi's Satan Worshippers since the late 16th Century/early 17th Century from the 7th Century when Islam was created by Mohammed until the late 16th Century I am not aware that Islam considered The Yazidi's Satan Worshippers.

Here is a very interesting article from National Geographic about The Yazidi's.

tUlV7mtgTYeD1Ges0YOayQ.png

Who Are the Yazidis, the Ancient, Persecuted Religious Minority Struggling to Survive in Iraq?

Thank you!

The Yazidi's go back long before the 12th Century, we are talking more like going back to Ancient Mesopotamia.

The Yazidi's have never been Muslim their religion is strongly rooted mainly in Zoroastrianism, their religion Yazdânism pre-dates Islam and is many thousands years old going back to the Ancient Mesopotamian religions, they are Monotheists they believe in a Transcendental God which they refer to as Hâk and that he created this world but put this world in the care of seven Holy Beings which collectively are called Heft Sirr or The Seven Mysteries, the most important of them is Tawûsê Melek aka The Peacock Angel, the other name sometimes given to Tawûsê Melek is Shaytan which to the Islamists is a bit too much like Shayṭān which in The Qur'an Shayṭān is Satan. Anyhow Tawûsê Melek is the same as the Ancient Mesopotamian God Dumuzi, he was The God of Shepherds he was just known as Dumuzid the The God of Shepherds.

Thank you!

They predate Islam.
So does Azazel/Tawusi Melek/Taus Melek aka the Peacock Angel.

Demon worship...by any other name.

That is because Tawûsê Melek is the same as the Ancient Mesopotamian God Dumuzi, he was The God of Shepherds he was just known as Dumuzid The God of Shepherds. This IS because The Yazidi's not ONLY pre-date Islam they go RIGHT BACK to Ancient Mesopotamia itself.

I repeat that The Yazidi's were NOT considered Satan Worshippers by ANYONE UNTIL the late 16th Century/early 17th Century and it was only then that ONLY Islamists began to consider The Yazidi's Satan Worshippers, Mohammed HIMSELF did NOT consider them Satan Worshippers because if he did he would have had them down as that from the 7th Century when he created Islam.

Forum List

Back