Y chromosome article may answer some questions.

Wearing a dress or not is a social construct, since men have been popular with men in the past (kilts), and women have worn pants in the past.
But wearing a dress does not make a man be shorter, lighter, get wider hips, narrower shoulders, be less aggressive, have low twitch muscle, etc.

Kilts are skirts, not dresses.

And yes, it's a social construct. In the Middle East people wear different clothing, in the West, in China, etc, men don't wear dresses or skirts. Therefore it's social.

I disagree.

You disagree? ... With what?

The whole point is that there are pre-existing conventions

Which pre-existiing conventions? The universal laws?

so that everyone knows ahead of time what articles to use.

Language is much more complex because language is in a continuous flow of creation - but this flow is slowed down from the mass-media.

People do not get to demand others cater to the personal preferences.

Eh? Do you, like to say everyone has the right to speak out nonsense (what I would agree) so everyone else has the duty to try to understand this blatant nonsense (what I would not agree)?

Makes no sense at all.

It makes for example absolutelly not any sense to say I am a male human being because of "conventions". I am a male human being because of my biology. That's it.

Really?

Algebra?

Celestial navigation?

"Zero" ?
Electricity. Steam. The Printing Press. TV. Computers. Space. Trains. Planes. Steel. Atomic Energy. I could go on ,but it might confuse ya. Besides , Arabs and Hindus are Caucasian. So were the Ancient Egyptians. Sumerians. Babylonians. Phoenicians.

excuse me, scruffy , i know Fort Fun Indiana is adding a lot of nuance here, but "gender" and "gender roles" might not be 1 to 1 correspondence. "mister mom" may not be your ideal family, but things happen.
Then the "nuance" needs to be specific to humans.
Other animals (and life forms) don't have culture like humans to manipulate gender "roles". Such tend to be consistent over time.

Das grammatikalisches Geschlecht ...

Who knew "gender"was neuter? ... your mistake is "gender" in German is a linguistic feature ... same as English, French, Spanish etc etc etc ... IF the the noun is woman specific; like waitress, actress, maid, cow, widow; then it takes the feminine article die ... for men, or the general case, we'd use the masculine article der ... of course, this is all in the nominative case ... der, die, das ... in the accusative we use den, die, das ...

Sideshow Mel was wrong ... "die Bart die" ... is the feminine gender but Bart's a boy so it should have been ... der Bart dem ...

It doesn't take 25 years to sequence a chromosome ... it takes 25 years to divine some bullshit story that makes men look more important than they really are ... nothing more than lion-fodder ...
Didn't know you were a genetic scientists. :rolleyes:

Seems only a few years ago the announcement of the full human genome had been completed.

Gender, sex, same thing.
As so often the case, lack of precise wording and expression results in confusion and cross-channel communications.
Gender includes the social, psychological, cultural and behavioral aspects of being a man, woman, or other gender identity.[1][2] Depending on the context, this may include sex-based social structures (i.e. gender roles) and gender expression.[3][4][5] Most cultures use a gender binary, in which gender is divided into two categories, and people are considered part of one or the other (boys/men and girls/women);[6][7][8] those who are outside these groups may fall under the umbrella term non-binary. Some societies have specific genders besides "man" and "woman", such as the hijras of South Asia; these are often referred to as third genders (and fourth genders, etc.). Most scholars agree that gender is a central characteristic for social organization.[9]

In the mid-20th century, a terminological distinction in modern English (known as the sex and gender distinction) between biological sex and gender began to develop in the academic areas of psychology, sexology, and feminism.[10][11] Before the mid-20th century, it was uncommon to use the word gender to refer to anything but grammatical categories.[3][1] In the 1970s, feminist theory embraced the concept of a distinction between biological sex and the social construct of gender. The distinction between gender and sex is made by most contemporary social scientists in western countries,[12][13][14] behavioral scientists and biologists,[15] many legal systems and government bodies,[16] and intergovernmental agencies such as WHO.[17]

The social sciences have a branch devoted to gender studies. Other sciences, such as psychology, sociology, sexology and neuroscience, are interested in the subject. The social sciences sometimes approach gender as a social construct, and gender studies particularly do, while research in the natural sciences investigates whether biological differences in females and males influence the development of gender in humans; both inform the debate about how far biological differences influence the formation of gender identity and gendered behavior. Biopsychosocial approaches to gender include biological, psychological, and social/cultural aspects.[18][19]

BRAIN SEX​

THE REAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN​

by Anne Moir & David Jessel ‧ RELEASE DATE: June 1, 1991
If men and women are equal, why have males been the dominant sex virtually throughout history? Here, geneticist Moir and BBC- TV writer-producer Jessel argue convincingly that the answer lies in the difference between the male and female brain. Writing with clarity and style, and documenting their data every step of the way, Moir and Jessel explain how the embryonic brain is shaped as either male or female at about six weeks, when the male fetus begins producing hormones that organize its brain's neural networks into a male pattern; in their absence, the brain will be female. Not surprisingly, there are endless variations in degree of maleness, and mishaps can lead to a male brain in a female body and vice versa. Moir and Jessel include a brain sex test that lets the reader discover just how masculine or feminine his (or her) brain is. For the nonscientist, they translate considerable research into the structural and organizational differences between male and female brains, demonstrating how these differences make men more aggressive and competitive and better at skills that require spatial ability and mathematical reasoning, and women more sensitive to nuances of expression and gesture, more adept at judging character. Women, it seems, are more people-oriented than men, who are more interested in things. Moir and Jessel assert that it is necessary to ``accept who we are before arguing about what we should be,'' and that denying gender differences means ignoring their value. A literate, entertaining, and, for some, surely wrath- provoking presentation of scientific data about the differences between the sexes.

According to Sumerian (Akkadian, Babylonian) records, the "Y" chromosome came from the Anunnaki in their process to genetically alter earlier Hominids into Homo Sapiens Sapiens = human beings.

Means humans, especially male humans, may be more mutant than we think.:cool-45:

Forum List

Back