WSJ: The World Bakes Under Extreme Heat

Earth's magnetic field, which is generated by the movement of molten iron its core, is what has protected us from Helios for millions of years. It won't protect us from the greenhouse effect.
You can show the “excess heat” generated by doubling CO2 from 250 to 500PPM, or is this just in the Bernie Madoff’s Accounting Models?

Last edited:
33b87671708bd2a01aca31e8a230540f.png

How do we repair the Sun when it runs out of hydrogen.
There is a future point where all life will cease to exist on Earth.

Yes, manage our resources better to develop technologies to eventually seed other systems. If God developed us, he also developed that ability within us to do exactly that. We are born with curiosity and designed to explore.

Otherwise it's limit human population through extreme governmental measures and returning to a more agrarian culture and shedding our industrial dependent lifestyle of consumption and addiction to useless technology.
Don't think people are gonna accept a limited life after getting a taste of comfort.
The sun isn't going out anytime soon.

Only war and disease will limit our population. We won't do it voluntarily, and although many nations are the global population continues to grow.

We can have a comfortable modern life without destroying the earth, but it will take changes, especially in education.

The World Bakes Under Extreme Heat​

As good democrats, we know this to be true! Those terrible MAGAt people just wouldn't listen. Now it is too late.

Too bad we can't divide the world up so that Trump-made Climate Change (TMCC) just affected those GOP people and left the good democrats like you and I out of it!

Every backyard should have a windmill tower in it instead of a swimming pool!

Water is bad for the planet, it stores IR heat.

Why do you think? What group in the U.S. makes up the largest number of climate change skeptics?
Who is being a skeptic here?
I have just made several posts about major climate changes that have made my current life possible in my area.
All you have been doing is attacking a segment of the population that disagree with the notion that a cyclical change in climate is impending doom for all life.
Those that witnessed the ice receding here probably thought the world was ending with the massive flooding that carved massive rivers, cliffs and lakes, but they adapted and eventually settled in the new landscape and thrived.

The sun isn't going out anytime soon.

Only war and disease will limit our population. We won't do it voluntarily, and although many nations are the global population continues to grow.

We can have a comfortable modern life without destroying the earth, but it will take changes, especially in education.
I have no problem using alternative energy sources, but not through government mandates forcing an unwanted change by consumers going against market forces.

Besides the Temp/weather itself, the effects are already costly.
Worldwide Rotisserie likely to show up as Record July... TOO.

The World Bakes Under Extreme Heat​

Warming oceans and heat domes are contributing to one of the hottest summers on record​

Visitors crowd around a water fountain in Rome. A heat wave in the Mediterranean region is set to intensify this week. GAIA SQUARCI/BLOOMBERG NEWS

Wall Street Journal
Updated July 19, 2023
""Roads, bridges and train tracks built to the design standards of the 20th century are buckling from extreme heat gripping the globe. Power grids, buildings and cooling systems are under strain.

Design standards have failed to keep up with a warming climate, say engineering and construction experts who are pushing their clients to invest in solutions to make existing buildings cooler while factoring in the cost of future heat waves.

“The U.S. isn’t prepared for what we’ve had so far, let alone more of it,” said Adam Jaffe, senior materials engineer at Arup, a global design and architecture firm, about extreme heat.

Throughout July, Record-setting temperatures have Broiled the southern half of the U.S., southern Europe, central China and eastern Asia. The heat has caused scattered power outages in several countries and buckled roads in Utah, Louisiana and Wisconsin, according to local news reports. In Texas, a section of Interstate 10 in Houston and a six-lane state highway south of the city ruptured during 100-plus-degree heat in late June.
[.....]

`

It's just weather.

I dunno about that. :omg:

You don't! Indeed!

You don't! Indeed!
I believe my sources.

I have no problem using alternative energy sources, but not through government mandates forcing an unwanted change by consumers going against market forces.
Actually, the government isn't forcing the right changes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back