Would you trade up for a perfect AI-Robot companion?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
resize

In 25 years or less they will be able to create perfect full functioning AI men and women robots. Would you trade up from biological to synthetic?

I figure in 25 years I'll either be dead or so old I'll need one to wipe my ass or pick me up when I fall so I probably won't care much about the "companion" aspect of it......Hopefully the female ones will come with a mute feature. ;)

Most likely, some kind of "companion" will develop that more or less replaces pets than another person in one's life. A personal assistant that would help remember things, provide info and aid in mood adjustment, etc.
If we're talking sex, that with a machine would only be slightly glorified masturbation.

Now? Hell no.

If I was old and they had them like in the movies then I'd welcome one. Something that could do yard work, help clean, could always be awake to be on alert for problems at night or when I'm not home, if something happens to me it can get help.

But I wouldn't want one at all unless I was old. I was raised too much on being independent and self reliant to rely on a robot when I am 47.

Hell if something like that existed now my grandma could have spent several more years living by herself. She made it to 94 alone before she came to live with me then to a assisted living apartment. A robot could have let her stay in her home even longer.

Most likely, some kind of "companion" will develop that more or less replaces pets than another person in one's life. A personal assistant that would help remember things, provide info and aid in mood adjustment, etc.
If we're talking sex, that with a machine would only be slightly glorified masturbation.
On a slow setting.

That exact scenario was brought up in the show Humans on AMC.

Realistic androids that served humans with some designed for adult play. But they started becoming aware and one started murdering humans because it was sexually abused in vile ways.
images (1).jpeg

The whole thing seems a little creepy to me.

Forum List

Back