Would You Support The Reintroduction of Corporal Punishment in Schools?

Would You Support The Reintroduction of Corporal Punishment in Schools?

• Yes

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In Grant's memoirs he described the school he went to. Kids were obliged to cut their own switches and bring a bundle of at least 10 per day. They were all used by the end of the day.

From what Grant says, not a lot of education happened there.

Personally, I feel positive re enforcement works better. But there should also be consequences.

I didn't do beatings on my kids, but from the time they were able, I had them do push ups. It made them strong, and I think it had a more positive result.

They already do it.

Except now they just make a 9 year old carry a 50lb fucking back pack rather than using the lockers

Sorry, could you expand upon that? I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to.

The backpacks my grandkids have to lug back and forth to school would make an Army Ranger blush.

No idea why they can't use the lockers, that I see up and down their hallways, between classes. But the weight of these back packs for 9,10, or 11 yr olds is ridiculous.

On topic, though, I have no problem with corporal punishment.
Bust their ass when they do something bad enough to call for it. Don't make them wait 6 hours until I get home.
I'll get their ass then too.
:eusa_shhh:

Give it a couple of years and all their books will be loaded on IPads

Where I went to school at in the D.C. area, the vice principal walked the halls with a paddle the woodshop teacher made for him. If he caught someone doing something extremely wrong, you got it right than that there, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. He would than call your parents which meant that you probably got another beating when you got home. It only took me one time to understand not to screw around when in school. I am for corporal punishment in schools and getting rid of the most disrupted students who can not or will not straighten their act up.

Yeah, we just need robot arms to swing the cat-o-nine tails.

Education must be automated. :lol:

psik

My kids have had their share of wackjobs for teachers and principals. I don't think I'd trust them with that power.

Exactly, and why would we allow teachers and principals to do this when this very thing is looked upon these days as child abuse if done by parents, and can result in getting your kids taken away from you.

Sorry, could you expand upon that? I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to.

The backpacks my grandkids have to lug back and forth to school would make an Army Ranger blush.

No idea why they can't use the lockers, that I see up and down their hallways, between classes. But the weight of these back packs for 9,10, or 11 yr olds is ridiculous.

Bust their ass when they do something bad enough to call for it. Don't make them wait 6 hours until I get home.

Sadly, that's closer to the truth than you think. Some school systems are going that way next year here in Indiana.

Grrreaaaat.....

We already spend a small fortune on school supplies as it is
:eek:

I went and bought my boy a kindle, as his lit class has him reading large quantities of heavy books. (Steinbeck etc.)

I also went with my daughter to school last week and got her texts. They easily weighed in at 40lbs, and all of them were different dimensions and all of them were as slick as the 42nd president.

If I could have kindled all those, I would in a heartbeat.

As to the topic, I don't think beatings are the way to go. I think cumpulsory exercise is a lot better. Make them hold two gallons of water for 20 minutes. 30 push ups (real ones) three laps around the track in under 5 minutes or you keep going till you do. Kids need to be built up, not taken down. But there must be consequences.

It's a security thing.. They don't want kids to use lockers. So their entire belongings sit in the hallway or the classroom where everyone can trip over stuff.

It's either that or bring in the dogs and crowbars to inspect the lockers for "whatever" is illegal in school. (gum, bibles, aspirin, religious symbols, forks, sharps objects, ect,, ect)

These kids are treated like freakin' inmates. They can't have a soda. Don't dare play tag. Might as well just beat them occasionally.. It's either the LEFT nannying them or the RIGHT wanting to flog them..

The ones that are the biggest violators of drugs and weapons, high schoolers, have lockers.
I'm talking about elementary and middle school, though.
:eusa_eh:

they have this thing called homework...

Would I be able to provide corporal punishment to the teacher that touches my kid? If my kid did something wrong at school my wife or I will provide the corporal punishment, no one else.

I think it should be an option if the parents agree to it. That's the way the school system was where I attended. Parents who agree to let the school give licks (spank, whatever terminology you want to use) should also be notified when it happens.

The term "Corporal Punishment" makes it sound worse than it is. It's a spanking. That's it.

I am old enough to remember when they stopped giving the strap in my area. I did a better job of not getting caught when I found out I would be picking up garbage at lunch rather than just getting warm hands.

It is long overdue to return capital punishment in schools. The kids get away with too much.

Capital punishment will set an example for the others

In Russia the teachers were just plain not permitted to touch the kids. Ever.

However they have uniforms, mandatory community service in the school for everyone (washing chalkboards, sweeping floors, restocking the bathrooms, washing desks etc) and the parents are called in every time the kids does anything wrong and if the parent does not make the appointment the first time the militsia helps them make the second appointment.

And in the bad old days, the rumor was that if the kid was disruptive enough of the school kollective, the parents would get in trouble with he CheKa and be taught correct disciplinary procedures in along the Pechora river in Siberia.

What matters in discipline is that the kids are involved and made to feel valued in the school and that actions will have consequences. But beating someones kids is not the anything the teacher should be allowed to do.

Forum List

Back