Would You Shoot An Albino Deer?

Would you shoot an albino deer?

• Yes. Without hesitation under any circumstances.

• Never! They're extremely unique and should be left alone.

• I might under certain circumstances. I lean towards "yes."

• If it were totally necessary but I lean towards "no."

• Other response.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You will kill it for nothing. The meat is stringy and tough. It would be like eating shredded beef jerky in texture. If you want to eat a wild bird, go for a pot of dove.

I do a lot of slowcooking. That is perfect for tough, inexpensive meat.

Next spring I plan to hunt dove. and pigeon for fun. You can wrap the breast meat in bacon and grill it until well-done and juicy.

You will kill it for nothing. The meat is stringy and tough. It would be like eating shredded beef jerky in texture. If you want to eat a wild bird, go for a pot of dove.

I do a lot of slowcooking. That is perfect for tough, inexpensive meat.

Next spring I plan to hunt dove. and pigeon for fun. You can wrap the breast meat in bacon and grill it until well-done and juicy.

You will find it not worth it on the turkey, especially once you get about half way through plucking it, but no point arguing about it. Experience will teach you better than anything else that you just killed a bird for naught.

If it has a decent taste and cooks well, it wouldn't be for naught.

"Naught." Haven't used that word for some time. "NAWT." :D

More to the point, I enjoy the thought of hunting any sort of edible wild animal, though I've never hunted before. One of the county roads I frequent abounds with deer and packs of wild turkey. In fact they cross the road so often I'm considering buying deer whistles for the car.

We also have a Canadian geese problem, so I'm thinking of buying a crossbow and have at it under cover of darkness.

More to the point, I enjoy the thought of hunting any sort of edible wild animal, though I've never hunted before. One of the county roads I frequent abounds with deer and packs of wild turkey. In fact they cross the road so often I'm considering buying deer whistles for the car.

We also have a Canadian geese problem, so I'm thinking of buying a crossbow and have at it under cover of darkness.

Canadian Geese will end you up in federal court if you get caught. Unless they have changed the law, you can only kill them with a permit on your own land after establishing that they are a nusiiance, and even then there are do's and don't's

Canadian Geese will end you up in federal court if you get caught. Unless they have changed the law, you can only kill them with a permit on your own land after establishing that they are a nusiiance, and even then there are do's and don't's

I was being facetious. :)

Why? I live right next to a river and pond, and they are EVERYWHERE. They crap all over the place, and are kind of dirty birds, IMO. I've had them come right up to me when I've been outside, and they can be aggressive sometimes, hissing at you and stuff. They've come right up to my sliding glass door to my patio, begging for food and crapping all over my patio. They're adorable little babies but when they grow up. :cheeky-smiley-018:

Why? I live right next to a river and pond, and they are EVERYWHERE. They crap all over the place, and are kind of dirty birds, IMO. I've had them come right up to me when I've been outside, and they can be aggressive sometimes, hissing at you and stuff. They've come right up to my sliding glass door to my patio, begging for food and crapping all over my patio. They're adorable little babies but when they grow up. :cheeky-smiley-018:

They are protected for reasons known to nobody who has ever had to deal with them. I am not sure why they are are, but they are. I guess they want to make the Canadians happy.

They are protected for reasons known to nobody who has ever had to deal with them. I am not sure why they are are, but they are. I guess they want to make the Canadians happy.
The truly wild migratory ones are the ones in danger.

The golf course and city park kind are a pain in the ass.

If I wanted to eat one, I'd catch it and feed it out for a month.

Damned tame ones eat anything; cigarette butts included.

The truly wild migratory ones are the ones in danger.

The golf course and city park kind are a pain in the ass.

If I wanted to eat one, I'd catch it and feed it out for a month.

Damned tame ones eat anything; cigarette butts included.

There is a heavy-traffic road in my area on which traffic often comes to a standstill because of the stupid things walking back and forth between a park, the median, and the river, especially when they have goslings following along.

because they are migratory waterfowl

Problem is they do not migrate so much as they occupy in some places.

i consider them a nasty bird and would never eat one

they do habit of over welcoming their stay

we have a flock that hangs out here

that has made the cities sewer ponds home

yikes

i consider them a nasty bird and would never eat one

they do habit of over welcoming their stay

we have a flock that hangs out here

that has made the cities sewer ponds home

yikes

Eck. I have never and do not think I would ever eat a goose. Maybe if I was starving to death or something. :)

I've heard that goose is an oily meat, but that it's not particularly bad in the oven. Roasted goose sounds pretty good. That and duck. One of the things I'd like to try is raising plump white geese for meat and eggs.

I've heard that goose is an oily meat, but that it's not particularly bad in the oven. Roasted goose sounds pretty good. That and duck. One of the things I'd like to try is raising plump white geese for meat and eggs.

You are braver than I am. :D If you ever try it, you'll have to let us know.

One of my uncles had them on his farm. Geese are mean.

One of my uncles had them on his farm. Geese are mean.

The swans and the geese do not get along well around here. Lol! The swans are always chasing the geese away. Both can be quite aggressive I've found.

Forum List

Back