Would you run for office?

freyasman

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2020
Texas
Has anyone here given any thought to running for office?
Any office?
At any level?

Why or why not?

I read somewhere that one of the very best and most reliable ways to become a millionaire in the US, is to enter politics. If you look at the net worth of people upon entering political office, and compare it to what they were worth prior to entering politics, that seems to be true. You want to get rich, get elected to something....
And looking at some of the absolute retards that have gotten elected makes it seem like a pretty attainable goal.

So why do you suppose more people don't try it?

Running for office takes the gravitas to not be destroyed day after day. There are good men and women who run for office. Not enough of them. There are not enough who stay good as tenure warps their perspectives and the ideas they once championed seem to not even get a listen to. And also there are people who are good who do not run because we see it everyday in the media and social media. Saying we need good politicians is easy. Having them and admiring their deeds is not so easy. A start would be for limits on the years to serve people. That is only a dream though.

Never. Why would I want to expose myself and my family to the now-required colonoscopy given by Democrat media? Fuck 'em. I don't need the money.

Now, make me Supreme Ruler, and I might consider the position.

I wouldn't beballowed to run because I wouldnt only cater to the wealthy corporatists. I'd actually do more for the average janitor than CEO. Therefore I'd be disqualified.

Politicians are usually also something else like lawyers, insurance, car dealers, doctors and other professionals who had the cash and the country club connections to run.

Why is it we let the wealthy run the nation when most are not wealthy? They certainly don't get good grades from me.

Fuck no, I'm not a sociopath or inclined to govern people.

Besides that I don't need the media dragging out some classmate from 3rd grade who is still pissed I pinched her ass for cutting me in the lunch line 38 years ago.

Any office?
At any level?

Why or why not?

I read somewhere that one of the very best and most reliable ways to become a millionaire in the US, is to enter politics. If you look at the net worth of people upon entering political office, and compare it to what they were worth prior to entering politics, that seems to be true. You want to get rich, get elected to something....
And looking at some of the absolute retards that have gotten elected makes it seem like a pretty attainable goal.

Fear of public speaking. Of course since Trump took office, his hate and fear rhetoric has probably instilled other fears into the psyche of many Americans, those who believe him and those who fear him.

I am a bit busy taking over the universe. You people better enjoy life now before I start tossing people off my planet.

I have never and will not run for an office because I don't like bullshittery.

Any office?
At any level?

Why or why not?

Fear of public speaking. Of course since Trump took office, his hate and fear rhetoric has probably instilled other fears into the psyche of many Americans, those who believe him and those who fear him.
Leftist always with extremes............LOL

FEAR HIM.........do you type that BS with a straight face........LMAO

I would piss off everyone in the political sphere, just by being myself, and my fear is that they would retaliate against my family, by framing them for something.

I wouldn't beballowed to run because I wouldnt only cater to the wealthy corporatists. I'd actually do more for the average janitor than CEO. Therefore I'd be disqualified.

Of course, you're only 'initfor' the janitors and custodial engineers? Shame on you, you dirty elitist. :04: Those janitors have been getting away with it for years. No more!

Besides that I don't need the media dragging out some classmate from 3rd grade who is still pissed I pinched her ass for cutting me in the lunch line 38 years ago.

Why did you pinch her ass?

As for your fist sentence, I'm inclined to wonder about your denial for not being a sociopath, your ideology can be defined as Callous Conservatism. As for being a leader, you are not cut out for that role, leaders listen to others and stubborn people do not listen.

Why did you pinch her ass?

As for your fist sentence, I'm inclined to wonder about your denial for not being a sociopath, your ideology can be defined as Callous Conservatism. As for being a leader, you are not cut out for that role, leaders listen to others and stubborn people do not listen.

Who rattled your cage fudge packer?

Go eat a bag of dicks.

Any office?
At any level?

Why or why not?

:laugh2:

I Have... I paid my $75.00 entry fee and bought a new Aloha Shirt in 2002 and ran for U.S. Congress in the first district of the State of Hawaii on the Libertarian ticket...

Why?

From a political standpoint my platform was based solely on the decriminalization of Cannabis...

Personally I had been diagnosed with a chronic Liver disease and was on SSDI and I knew I could get better Insurance if I was a Congressman... I had the full support of the Libertarian Party and a campaign treasure chest with about $150.00 in it...

I received (2.23%) of the vote and was thrashed abruptly about the head and shoulders by a hippie cab driver..
. :banghead:

Forum List

Back