Womens With Chops

The original "girl singer" with Jefferson Airplane, Signe Toly Anderson

Jefferson Airplane- Chauffeur Blues(Live At Winterland, 10/11/66)

Wow, I didn't know Grace Slick went to Paly, the high school I graduated from in 1978. She also like me has a parent descended from the Pilgrims. My grandmother was a direct descendent of John Howland, a famous Pilgrim.

Grace Slick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Grace Barnett Wing was born October 30, 1939, in Highland Park, Illinois, to Ivan W. Wing (1907–1987), of Norwegian and Swedishdescent, and Virginia (née Barnett; 1910-1984), a lineal descendantof passengers of the Mayflower.[1] In 1949 her brother Chris was born.[2] Her father, working in the investment banking sector for Weeden and Company, was transferred several times when she was a child and, in addition to the Chicago area, she lived in Los Angeles and San Francisco, before her family finally settled in Palo Alto, California, south of San Francisco, in the early 1950s.

Wing attended Palo Alto Senior High School before switching to Castilleja High School, a private all-girls school in Palo Alto.

This is amazing. Two famous female singers went to my high school, Joan Baez and Grace Slick. I sure am glad I found all this out now. LOL

Famous Paly Alums

Last edited:

Annabella Lwin is my favorite female vocalist, for when I really need a thrill. :bowdown:

My long-going like of her has less to do with Bow Wow Wow's music than it is does her appearance and performance.

She has an album sleeve and a video of her getting partially naked, but I didn't know about this scandal.

Bow Wow Wow's notoriety far outweighed their commercial success. Ever the provocateur, McLaren talked Lwin into appearing nude on the sleeve of the band's debut album – the cover was promptly banned – and tilted at the taboo of underage sex by penning disturbingly pervy lyrics for the pubescent singer to chant. ...

Even in middle age, Lwin remains a keen-to-please ingenue, dedicating the Lolita-sex romp Louis Quatorze to the late McLaren with an aghast sigh: "I was only 14!" She apologises frequently for the disparity between her appearance and the songs' paedophilic fixations: tonight, her faux-orgasmic panting on the innuendo-laden Sexy Eiffel Tower simply makes her sound out of breath.

Bow Wow Wow – review

Forum List

Back