Playing for change

Rotagilla

Gold Member
May 27, 2014
This is pretty old..maybe some of you hadn't seen it, though. Worth watching.

This is a composite audio/video of song whereby additional tracks were laid in by different singers and musicians from different places around the world. The song "Stand By Me" originally released in 1955 by The Staple Singers and released again in 1961 by the Drifters.

Thanks, there are apparently a lot of these. You just have to put "playing for change" into youtube.

One Love | Playing For Change | Song Around the World

This is a composite audio/video of song whereby additional tracks were laid in by different singers and musicians from different places around the world. The song "Stand By Me" originally released in 1955 by The Staple Singers and released again in 1961 by the Drifters.

I keep seeing the same "dead kitten" windscreen in each video. Is this a single group going around the world recording people?

From the OP I got the impression that different people were doing this themselves -- lay a track down, send it on, somebody else adds, sends it on... That would be cool. Although there would have to be somebody structuring...

I keep seeing the same "dead kitten" windscreen in each video. Is this a single group going around the world recording people?

From the OP I got the impression that different people were doing this themselves -- lay a track down, send it on, somebody else adds, sends it on... That would be cool. Although there would have to be somebody structuring...

pogo, I think a production crew travelled and tracked each artist. Click the links and see for yourself.

Forum List

Back