Women's Demands for "Equal Pay"

I've worked under both female and male supervisors and the woman was more understanding than the male. Of course I believe she was infatuated with me.

Isn't every woman.........
I mean, you've got it all, right?

You are limiting your examples to sports and in those instances, I believe that like compensation in law offices, their income should be tied directly to the amount of money they generate. However when you widen your example to most other male/female jobs, I believe women are compensated the very same for the same job in my experience.
Amen and amen.

Personally I think it is obscene what athletes get paid in many sports though they do deserve substantial paychecks for pulling in thousands of paying fans and because above average possibility of injury could stop their careers cold. Equally obscene is what entertainers and actors are paid but I guess it's according to what the market will bear.

Labor is a commodity/expense of doing business just the same as materials, inputs, overhead costs etc. If my labor is covering the cost of hiring me plus a substantial profit to my employer, I likely deserve more money. But if my labor produces only enough to cover the cost of hiring me plus a tiny profit, I do not deserve a raise. And if my labor isn't covering the cost of hiring me, I don't deserve the income at all.

That is why government mandates for minimum wage can be so counter productive and really have little long term effect on the general welfare of the people.

As a woman I have been paid the same as the men or more because I made myself that valuable to my employers. Or I worked on commission where I had almost complete control over how much I earned. But when I needed time off to deal with school activities or deal with sick kids or couldn't work overtime because I didn't have a babysitter for the kids, I was not as valuable as my male counterparts. And I chose that because I wanted kids.

Amen and amen.

Personally I think it is obscene what athletes get paid in many sports though they do deserve substantial paychecks for pulling in thousands of paying fans and because above average possibility of injury could stop their careers cold. Equally obscene is what entertainers and actors are paid but I guess it's according to what the market will bear.

Labor is a commodity/expense of doing business just the same as materials, inputs, overhead costs etc. If my labor is covering the cost of hiring me plus a substantial profit to my employer, I likely deserve more money. But if my labor produces only enough to cover the cost of hiring me plus a tiny profit, I do not deserve a raise. And if my labor isn't covering the cost of hiring me, I don't deserve the income at all.

That is why government mandates for minimum wage can be so counter productive and really have little long term effect on the general welfare of the people.

As a woman I have been paid the same as the men or more because I made myself that valuable to my employers. Or I worked on commission where I had almost complete control over how much I earned. But when I needed time off to deal with school activities or deal with sick kids or couldn't work overtime because I didn't have a babysitter for the kids, I was not as valuable as my male counterparts. And I chose that because I wanted kids.
Yup, that is reality and common sense--something that seems to be sorely lacking in America today.

I think he was proving and did prove that the inferiority of the women vis a vis the males makes their pay less
Nope, not even close. He quoted two sports; in one, women's pay were made equal to the men and in the other, they were not.

And he didn't address anything about women and equal pay in any other profession except those two sports.

Hence, my question.

I think he was proving and did prove that the inferiority of the women vis a vis the males makes their pay less. [Responding to Magnus, who has long been on my IGNORE LIST for prattling nonsense.]

Libby, your response was perfect. It's just a shame that you have to explain the patently obvious to some Biden voters.

The US women's soccer team played a boys high school soccer team. the boys skunked them. Nuff said.
Q.E.D. Under 15, no less....

CBS Sports April 4, 2017

FC Dallas under-15 boys squad beat the U.S. Women's National Team in a scrimmage​

The match was in preparation for Thursday's USWNT friendly versus Russia​

Roger Gonzalez

By Roger Gonzalez

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:44 pm ET•1 min read

In preparation for two upcoming friendlies against Russia, the U.S. women’s national team played the FC Dallas U-15 boys academy team on Sunday and fell 5-2, according to FC Dallas’ official website.

I play tennis six days a week. I know for a fact that the five hundredth ranked male tennis pro can beat the top ranked female tennis pro.
At the four Grand Slam events, men have to win best of five sets.
Women only win best of three sets, and yet women get the identical prize money for
less work and far less ability!

So today, I looked up soccer compensation.
Eye-opening.

World’s highest paid soccer players – 2024

Karim Benzema - $100 million / year. ...
Kylian Mbappe - $90 million / year. ...
Lionel Messi - £55 million / year. ...
Riyad Mahrez - £45 million / year. ...
Sadio Mané - £35 million / year. ...
Mohamed Salah - $35 million / year. ...
Kevin De Bruyne - £35 million / year. ...
Harry Kane - £21 million / year.

$1.26 equals a British Pound Sterling at this time

So the top female soccer player earns $525,000 a year

Sam Kerr 417,000 British Pounds
Alex Morgan 375,000
Megan Rapinhoe 373,000
Julia Ertz 359,000
Ada Hegersberg 355,000
Marta 344,000
Amandine Henry 320,540
Wendie Renard 318,510
Mens football brings in a staggering amount of money, women's football income is a drop in the ocean compared to men's football, hence the disparity in wage.

Would have to dig into the numbers to find wages to generated revenue as a percentage for both makes and females. There's likely a chance women receive a greater percentage of the money women's football generates. Technically, they may need a pay cut.

I thought everyone knew that?

Last edited:
Mens football brings in a staggering amount of money, women's football income is a drop in the ocean compared to men's football, hence the disparity in wage.

Would have to dig into the numbers to find wages to generated revenue as a percentage for both makes and females. There's likely a chance women receive a greater percentage of the money women's football generates. Technically, they may need a pay cut.

I thought everyone knew that?

I thought everyone knew that if women played as well as men, they would be on the men's team. I guess not.

I play tennis six days a week. I know for a fact that the five hundredth ranked male tennis pro can beat the top ranked female tennis pro.
At the four Grand Slam events, men have to win best of five sets.
Women only win best of three sets, and yet women get the identical prize money for
less work and far less ability!

So today, I looked up soccer compensation.
Eye-opening.

World’s highest paid soccer players – 2024

Karim Benzema - $100 million / year. ...
Kylian Mbappe - $90 million / year. ...
Lionel Messi - £55 million / year. ...
Riyad Mahrez - £45 million / year. ...
Sadio Mané - £35 million / year. ...
Mohamed Salah - $35 million / year. ...
Kevin De Bruyne - £35 million / year. ...
Harry Kane - £21 million / year.

$1.26 equals a British Pound Sterling at this time

So the top female soccer player earns $525,000 a year

Sam Kerr 417,000 British Pounds
Alex Morgan 375,000
Megan Rapinhoe 373,000
Julia Ertz 359,000
Ada Hegersberg 355,000
Marta 344,000
Amandine Henry 320,540
Wendie Renard 318,510
Who cares? Soccer is a Girly Game anyway.

Who cares? Soccer is a Girly Game anyway.

"Who cares?"

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world with 3.5 billion followers.
Tennis is fourth with 1 billion followers.

Cricket and hockey are 2 and 3.

You obviously have never played soccer. You couldn't possibly keep up.

"Who cares?"

Sure, half the population of the world follows soccer. I don't think half the population of the world own tvs. ROTFLMFAO. Run along with your BS, sister.

"Who cares?"

Nope. In High School ,only the GIRLS played that sissy game.

Forum List

Back