Women need birth control because "they can't control their libido"

Kaz, the fact remains that if our GOP candidates attack women (and, yes, Huck did just that), then they will lose. Period.

GOP candidates are neither yours no mine. But for different reasons.

Some GOP candidates do insult women. ALL Democratic candidates do. They are telling them they only care about abortions and free birth control, they are too cheap and lazy to buy their own contraception or get their partner to do it, and they are not smart or driven enough to make it on their own and government needs to lower the bar for them. It's pathetic. Huckabee may not have made the point as solidly as he should, but he was clearly right in what he was addressing. Democrats insult women constantly. And leftists women trot out and agree with them.

Huck's attack on the Democratic Party is not taken out of context: he accused women of needing contraceptives so they could avoid the consequences of being unable to rein in their libidos.

Whether the contraceptives are provided privately or publicly is immaterial.

Huck just manufactured a "third rail" of politics that electrocuted any hope for his presidential candidacy.

Keep saying that to yourself. Maybe enough will agree with you to make is seem rational.

This garbage will be quickly forgotten when the next Democrat fabrication surfaces.

55% of married women, 66% of all women voted against the GOP in 2012.

And you think Huck's statement is going to cut that? Really??

Actually, in his own twisted, backhanded way....he did

He linked women's use of birth control to sexual drive

Just like Rush did......he just left out the slut part

again, show me the quote where he did that. not your bullshit spun interpretation. its real simple. this is not a complex issue. either he said it or he didn't. I'm saying you are full of shit. I challenge you to prove me wrong. you can't

What does libido mean? It means sex drive

He wrongly claimed that Democrats say women cannot control their sex drive....they didn't
Then bragged how sensitive Republicans are to women's issue because they think women can control their sex drive

Neither claim has any bearing on why women need birth control

wow, you keep spinning away don't you. this is getting laughable. you have sure come miles from your original claims. let me know if you ever want to back up your claims with a quote or a fact. you can't . I challenge you to, but you can't

Huck's attack on the Democratic Party is not taken out of context: he accused women of needing contraceptives so they could avoid the consequences of being unable to rein in their libidos.

Huck just manufactured a "third rail" of politics that electrocuted any hope for his presidential candidacy.

Keep saying that to yourself. Maybe enough will agree with you to make is seem rational.

This garbage will be quickly forgotten when the next Democrat fabrication surfaces.

Not, Romney won married women 53% to 46%. Obama only got 55% of all women. Sorry Charlie.

Spoonman, Huck is being criticized, rightfully so. The GOP cannot win elections when women think they are being attacked. They won't even listen to such a defense of Huck as yours.

again, show me the quote where he did that. not your bullshit spun interpretation. its real simple. this is not a complex issue. either he said it or he didn't. I'm saying you are full of shit. I challenge you to prove me wrong. you can't

What does libido mean? It means sex drive

He wrongly claimed that Democrats say women cannot control their sex drive....they didn't
Then bragged how sensitive Republicans are to women's issue because they think women can control their sex drive

Neither claim has any bearing on why women need birth control

wow, you keep spinning away don't you. this is getting laughable. you have sure come miles from your original claims. let me know if you ever want to back up your claims with a quote or a fact. you can't . I challenge you to, but you can't

What he's admitting is that he's retired and after living paycheck to paycheck his whole life, he's now living social security welfare check to social security welfare check and the thought of Democrats losing scares the snot out of him, so he'll say whatever it takes.

actually the number was 55% of all women. lets keep the liberal spin under control here. this thread has so much spin already it has its own gravitational field

Not, Romney won married women 53% to 46%. Obama only got 55% of all women. Sorry Charlie.

You are right! Obama got 55% of all women and 65-66% of single women.

And now married women who use contraception are being told that are sluts.

Spoonman, Huck is being criticized, rightfully so. The GOP cannot win elections when women think they are being attacked. They won't even listen to such a defense of Huck as yours.

I'm glad you're coming to terms with who you are, but conservative women agree with his statement. The one he actually made, not the ones that leftist shills like you and RW are saying he made.

You are right! Obama got 55% of all women and 65-66% of single women.

And now married women who use contraception are being told that are sluts.

They are? Who is doing that?

What Huckabee really said;

I think it’s time Republicans no longer accept listening to the Democrats talk about a 'war on women,'" Huckabee said during a speech at the Republican National Committee's winter meeting in Washington. "The fact is the Republicans don’t have a war on women, they have a war for women, to empower them to be something other than victims of their gender.”

Huckabee said Democrats rely on women believing they are weaker than men and in need of government handouts, including the contraception mandate in Obamacare.

"If the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it," Huckabee said. "Let's take that discussion all across America."
Huckabee: Dems think women can?t control their libido

What Conservative Republicans need to stop doing is using explosive key words like Libido that feeds the Left's spin game.
The media used that word to spin it and make it sound like Huckabee was saying that about woman rather than the Democratic ideology of Government handouts that causes dependency rather than independence.
He should have shut up after the word Obamacare.

Republicans need to stop dancing around and openly tell women that they are offended by having to pay for a woman's birth control

Money for birth control would never stand between any guy and sex. Furthermore, that's the guy who should pay for it.

Who cares?

Fat people want insurance to pay for weight loss treatments
Alcoholics want insurance to pay for substance abuse treatment
Women say they want their insurance to pay for birth control

Republicans are telling women to go screw themselves if they want birth control covered.......Run on that Republicans

Kaz, the fact remains that if our GOP candidates attack women (and, yes, Huck did just that), then they will lose. Period.

GOP candidates are neither yours no mine. But for different reasons.

Some GOP candidates do insult women. ALL Democratic candidates do. They are telling them they only care about abortions and free birth control, they are too cheap and lazy to buy their own contraception or get their partner to do it, and they are not smart or driven enough to make it on their own and government needs to lower the bar for them. It's pathetic. Huckabee may not have made the point as solidly as he should, but he was clearly right in what he was addressing. Democrats insult women constantly. And leftists women trot out and agree with them.

Maybe the media can scour the country for conservatives that are into blurting. This allows them to use blanket indictments of the GOP.

This from the party of well known misogynistic men.

Bill Clinton
Ted Kennedy
Anthony D. Weiner (Carlos Danger)
Eliot Spitzer
John Edwards
Gary Hart

I'm glad you're coming to terms with who you are, but conservative women agree with his statement. The one he actually made, not the ones that leftist shills like you and RW are saying he made.

I doubt very few Republican married women agree with being equated to sluts because they use contraceptives.

I am very comfortable as a Ford Republican.

The ones who are uncomfortable are the far right reactionaries and TeaPs because they are put in the position of defending such a stupid statement.

The fact is that unwanted pregnancy is a major problem in every human society. On a macro-economic perspective it is a big enough issue to warrant government action under the 'General Welfare' clause (the one from the preamble of the Constitution).

You have bought into the Lefts spin and it is not true.
Women are able to get free or low cost contraceptives anywhere is this nation before the ACA was passed.
If women don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex in a way that allows the mans sperm to get you into that unwanted pregnancy. This is what empowers Women.

Huckabee did what Romney did with his 47% blunder

Told Republicans what they want to hear. In this case that women who use birth control fight to control their sex drive

Republicans need to stop dancing around and openly tell women that they are offended by having to pay for a woman's birth control

Money for birth control would never stand between any guy and sex. Furthermore, that's the guy who should pay for it.

Who cares?

Fat people want insurance to pay for weight loss treatments
Women say they want their insurance to pay for birth control

Republicans are telling women to go screw themselves if they want birth control covered.......Run on that Republicans

Opposing government forcing insurance companies and all their insureds to pay for birth control is telling women to "go screw themselves if they want birth control covered." As I said, no matter how stupid Republicans make themselves look, you top them. What's impressive is how easily you do it.

Actually, regarding

"Fat people want insurance to pay for weight loss treatments
Women say they want their insurance to pay for birth control"

So in a free country, fat, alcoholic, LIBERAL women can buy policies that cover those things, or not, it's their choice. That opposing government mandates is actually being against what is proposed to be mandates is what's your typical oxygen deprived brain interpretation of it.

I don't want government to force my auto insurance carrier to pay for my oil changes, OMG, I AM AGAINST OIL CHANGES!

I don't want government to force my health insurance company to pay for my broccoli because it's good for me, OMG, I AM AGAINST EATING VEGETABLES!

I could never make up a fictitious persona on a message board that is as dumb as you are in real life.

Lets take a look at what Huckabee actually said -

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee says that Democrats are pushing women to believe “they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government.”

So he never called women sluts, he never said women can't control their libidos, he never said women were incapable of anything. he said democrats are pushing women to believe.

He went on to say -

"Let us take this discussion all across America because women are far more than the Democrats have played them to be."

so he complimented women saying they are much more than democrats give them credit for.

When we take a look at what he actually said it becomes very evident that not a single liberal here has a clue what he said. or in typical liberal fashion are trying to spin the facts. Either way libs really need to hone their comprehension skills. if they think they can spin his comments in to a negative on women and believe they can get women to buy into it. Well then Huckabee's words really ring true. The left thinks women are idiots.

This is exactly what I have a problem with;

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee says that Democrats are pushing women to believe...

Huckabee is neither a Dem nor a woman. He is not privy to their beliefs either.

He is essentially making an allegation about which he has, at best, a biased partisan opinion but absolutely zero first hand knowledge at all.

So it is understandable that this appears to be a partisan misogynistic slur aimed at moderate/liberal women who know exactly what they believe.

Before one speaks it is often worthwhile to put oneself in the shoes of the audience. It might be exactly what those he was speaking to wanted to hear but it wasn't as well received by the wider audience who would have to embrace what he just said if the GOP wants to take the Whitehouse in 2016.

but he didn't say women aren't capable of controlling their libidos as the premise of this whole thread has been about. to my point liberal spin.

But lets run with the point of contention you are trying to make. someone is not capable of getting into someone elses head because they are not them. seems like a lot of gun grabbers claim to know exactly what is in gun owners heads. I guess they are all fools for assuming they can. Seems like a lot of libs here think they can get into republicans heads and know where they stand on abortion, gay rights, minorities. a little bit of a double standard there id say.

That would certainly be a double standard if Dems were to say "Republicans are pushing Americans to believe that guns/abortion/gay rights/minorities..." but that isn't the case here.

The positions held by Republicans on those issues is made abundantly clear by what they openly advocate and the reverse is true for the positions openly held by the Dems.

But this thread is about an allegation of "pushing beliefs"!

Huckabee is accusing the Dems of doing something that they are not actually doing at all. He is accusing the Dems of "evangelizing" contraception. That is an absurd accusation since it has no basis in reality.

Huckabee did what Romney did with his 47% blunder

Told Republicans what they want to hear. In this case that women who use birth control fight to control their sex drive

Romney said that once. Obama tells the other 53% of us how much he hates us every day.

The positions held by Republicans on those issues is made abundantly clear by what they openly advocate and the reverse is true for the positions openly held by the Dems.

But this thread is about an allegation of "pushing beliefs"!

Huckabee is accusing the Dems of doing something that they are not actually doing at all. He is accusing the Dems of "evangelizing" contraception. That is an absurd accusation since it has no basis in reality.

Democrats clearly and consistently do what Huckabee said. And if you think that Republicans are in any significant numbers against birth control or sex, then you need to turn off MS-NBC and go out and meet some real people.

Forum List

Back