with 10000 baby boomers entering SS age each day

GOOD THING that those boomers have already PREPAID for their retirements, eh?

with 10000 baby boomers entering SS age each day: X 365 days = 365 million retirees in one year ... Link ?

anyway, even just one retiree a year, collecting their earned SS is to much for the wingnuts to comprehend.

why would retirement skew "employment" no.s ?

Because they're dropping out of the workforce.
That's why I pondered how many are Joining the workforce, daily

Unfortunately, as many of these people retire, not all of those positions are being filled with replacements. That is in great part due to the fact that companies are still cutting costs because demand still hasn't picked up enough to justify keeping everyone on. It is changing slowly but this is a big part of the problem.

What people don't understand is that these retirees are downsizing and buying a lot less than they did ten years ago. Even the ones who are not ready to retire are cutting back on their spending. This has caused a loss in demand for many goods and services and is at the heart of our economic stagnation. It is going to change though, because we have 75 million young people between the age of 20 and 35 who will be starting their own families very soon. As that happens, we are going to see a lot of growth in the economy.

At our current rate, the majority of those will be single-parent familes thus a bigger strain on social spending.
These people aren't having 4 or 5 kids like we used to.
One, Two tops.

Have to see how many are turning 18 each day

and no jobs. people dont want to take a chance no more, throw the dice and hire kids at minimum wage at $7 bucks and change an hour and with Obama care. democrats are hurting the jobless instead of helping them.

The statistic is how many people are reaching retirement age. Not how many are actually retiring. Nor how many have retired from one occupation to take a job at another occupation. Nor how many have retired from one occupation and become self employed at another enterprise.

The statistic is how many people are reaching retirement age. Not how many are actually retiring. Nor how many have retired from one occupation to take a job at another occupation. Nor how many have retired from one occupation and become self employed at another enterprise.

But they should have retired. and why is that? because of technology that can prolong their lifes to the 80's? they are affraid they will run out of their savings... do to taxes and inflation.

But they should have retired. and why is that? because of technology that can prolong their lifes to the 80's? they are affraid they will run out of their savings... do to taxes and inflation.

Sometimes they just want to keep working. Perhaps not at what they were doing but something else. I retired from law over ten years ago. I went back to school to indulge a love of animals by becoming a dog groomer. Then I retired from that and now do legal consulting and am a successful artist too. I've retired twice and still work. I know many people that have retired but still work. I know a retired cop that gets $7,000 a month retirement. He opened a private detective agency.

If you look around, you will see that very, very seldom do very rich people ever retire. Successful people never retire. If they have general decent health, they die on the job.

Just because someone SHOULD retire doesn't mean they will, or they want to.

Doesn't this skew the employment numbers

with 10000 baby boomers entering SS age each day: X 365 days = 365 million retirees in one year ... Link ?

anyway, even just one retiree a year, collecting their earned SS is to much for the wingnuts to comprehend.

You ass-u-me that all who draw their Social Security stop working.

Big assumption. Huge.

You ass-u-me that all who draw their Social Security stop working.

Big assumption. Huge.

I was just replying to the unemployment rate, not SS benes

Forum List

Back