Windows 10 April 2018 Update

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Is due to be released starting Monday the 30th though most will probably not receive it right away. This one is supposed to be huge so God knows just what (and how much) it will fuck up. Some are saying everyone using Win 10 should back up all their personal files, etc as well as update all your hardware drivers plus create an image of your Windows partition just in case..........
Basically don't trust Windows Restore with this one.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-prepare-for-mondays-windows-10-april-2018-update-1825590970

What's new in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update | ZDNet

I'm part of the 'developer' network for Windows. I knew this was coming and I just installed a huge updated on this system.

So far, nothing terrible has happened and everything seems to be working. I went through and opened all My applications just to be sure. I thought for sure that My Adobe stuff would crash, but it runs just fine. The same with My Visual Studio, Maya, 3dsMAX, and Fusion. I ran My Unity studio and it updated just fine. Even My desktop Lynda.com app works well.

We'll see if Monday brings any change.

I'm part of the 'developer' network for Windows. I knew this was coming and I just installed a huge updated on this system.

So far, nothing terrible has happened and everything seems to be working. I went through and opened all My applications just to be sure. I thought for sure that My Adobe stuff would crash, but it runs just fine. The same with My Visual Studio, Maya, 3dsMAX, and Fusion. I ran My Unity studio and it updated just fine. Even My desktop Lynda.com app works well.

So you're part of the developer network eh? Good, tell Microsux that most users want an Enterprise version of 10 without Cortana or all the Microsux crapware.

Is due to be released starting Monday the 30th though most will probably not receive it right away. This one is supposed to be huge so God knows just what (and how much) it will fuck up. Some are saying everyone using Win 10 should back up all their personal files, etc as well as update all your hardware drivers plus create an image of your Windows partition just in case..........

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-prepare-for-mondays-windows-10-april-2018-update-1825590970

Same crap was floated about the fall creators update.

Just more Anti-MS hype and fear mongering.

So this is like the 2016 election? ....chuckle

Thanks for the warning.

If you say so..........
I used to like Microsoft until they came out with Win 8, I was hoping they would get it right with Win 10 but they simply doubled down on stupidity so the only Microsoft product I still use is Windows 7.

If you say so..........
I used to like Microsoft until they came out with Win 8, I was hoping they would get it right with Win 10 but they simply doubled down on stupidity so the only Microsoft product I still use is Windows 7.

Windows 8 was a disaster. So was ME and to a large extent Windows 95.

Windows 10 is the most stable version I have yet seen. Faster on the same hardware than Ubuntu - I duel boot this machine - and frankly, rock solid.

If you say so..........
I liked seven better..I have had several problems using peripherals with this thing. Like a Canon all in one..

If you say so..........

Windows 10 is the most stable version I have yet seen. Faster on the same hardware than Ubuntu - I duel boot this machine - and frankly, rock solid.
You're missing the point, I (and hundreds of thousands like me) want NO Cortana and NO added Microsoft crapware. That doesn't mean turning it off (while it still runs and hogs resources in the background) it means NO, we want an operating system not a spyware/adware configuration disguised as an operating system.
My Win 7 boots faster than my Kubunu but the Kubuntu machine is half as powerful as my Windows 7 gamer but that's not the point, I'll wait the extra couple of seconds to use an OS that I control.

If you say so..........
I liked seven better..I have had several problems using peripherals with this thing. Like a Canon all in one..
Which one, 10 or 7? :dunno:

If you say so..........

If you say so..........
Considering your post I questioned that appeared to be refering to 10 and 7 based on the flow of the conversation....... That response came out of left field........ :lol:

Did you fire up the bong already this morning? :dunno:

If you say so..........

You're missing the point, I (and hundreds of thousands like me) want NO Cortana and NO added Microsoft crapware. That doesn't mean turning it off (while it still runs and hogs resources in the background) it means NO, we want an operating system not a spyware/adware configuration disguised as an operating system.
My Win 7 boots faster than my Kubunu but the Kubuntu machine is half as powerful as my Windows 7 gamer but that's not the point, I'll wait the extra couple of seconds to use an OS that I control.

Regardless, enough do thanks to Apple that MS is compelled to add it.

I was perfectly happy with DOS.

If you say so..........

8 was crap, no one will dispute that.

If you say so..........

That's fine, obviously they took the Apple route, a direction I've never been inclined to follow so other than my Win 7 gamer I'm out. Too bad cause I liked Windows, such is life.
Oh and recently Win 7 users and reversions back to Win 7 have temporarily outstripped Win 10 users........... That speaks volumes but as usual Microsux will ignore the consumer.

If you say so..........

8 was crap, no one will dispute that.
Quite a few people dispute that, Win 8.1 is a solid OS, what people hated was the Metro UI.

So you're part of the developer network eh? Good, tell Microsux that most users want an Enterprise version of 10 without Cortana or all the Microsux crapware.
Way ahead of you. lol

Even with Cortana (there is no pleasing everyone), Microsoft is a solid O/S that is so easy to use, that hundreds of millions of people who are computer illiterate are able to navigate their way around not only the internet but tons of productivity software.

Every O/S has its downside. I'll continue to use MS and frankly, I have had zero problems with Winders 10.

If you say so..........

That's fine, obviously they took the Apple route, a direction I've never been inclined to follow so other than my Win 7 gamer I'm out. Too bad cause I liked Windows, such is life.
Oh and recently Win 7 users and reversions back to Win 7 have temporarily outstripped Win 10 users........... That speaks volumes but as usual Microsux will ignore the consumer.

Word
Excel
PowerPoint
Visio
Project
SQL Server
Exchange

All reasons that Microsoft dominates and will continue to dominate.

I liked Vista, there was nothing wrong with it. I like Windows 7 - just Vista renamed due to bad press. I hated 8, because it truly sucked. Metro blows chunks. I like 10, fixed the idiocy of 8. I ignore cortana.

Even with Cortana (there is no pleasing everyone), Microsoft is a solid O/S that is so easy to use, that hundreds of millions of people who are computer illiterate are able to navigate their way around not only the internet but tons of productivity software.

Every O/S has its downside. I'll continue to use MS and frankly, I have had zero problems with Winders 10.
To each their own. The wife uses Windows 10 though she's frequently cussing at it and I have to do all the maintenance and fixes. For me Cortana is an annoyance, an unnecessary waste of system resources so whay should I be forced to have it on my, system if I don't want it. I don't use IE or Edge so why shouldn't I be able to uninstall them, I don't use any of their crapware so all of that should be uninstallable. My biggest issue though is force updates which for all intent and purposes turns PCs into modified Microsoft workstations, sorry Microsoft, my PCs are mine.

Forum List

Back