Wimp Nation: Poised to Fall

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
This is one of the better pieces I've encountered on the cultural changes that are causing America's decline.

Recently a friend, a Harvard PhD, wrote and said, “It’s not funny anymore.” I thought, and realized that, no, it isn’t. Things that seemed the obsessions of the occasional lugubrious neurotic are so common that they represent a change in the national character. It is eerie. Something strange is happening.

What now is the national character? What sort of country is America today? A country of rugged individualism? Land of the free and home of the brave? A nation of the independent and self-reliant?

(snip)

The ferocious American hostility to individualism is most virulent in the form of political correctness, which requires that all of us think the same things. The universities are worst, and they are the future. Once, unpopular ideas were argued and freedom of speech respected, however grudgingly. Today we have the pack mind.

Beyond the insistence that everyone should be like everyone else is the insistence that everyone already is like everyone else. No differences exist between men and women, sex being a social construct, and thus women should be in the Marines. Differences of race do not exist, race being a social construct, so if members of one non-existent race do not do as well at physics as members of another nonexistent race, we must on racial grounds hire them as physicists anyway under affirmative action, since differences are social constructs.

Wimp Nation: Poised to Fall | Fred On Everything

Can you say liberal politics? They are anything, but liberal. They are communistic. Don't step out of line or we will come and get your ass.

I refuse to use Liberal to describe the modern leftwing types. They are Progressives, which is a perfect Orwellian term for them.

Can you say liberal politics? They are anything, but liberal. They are communistic. Don't step out of line or we will come and get your ass.

I refuse to use Liberal to describe the modern leftwing types. They are Progressives, which is a perfect Orwellian term for them.

Regressives...NOT progressives.

This is one of the better pieces I've encountered on the cultural changes that are causing America's decline.

Recently a friend, a Harvard PhD, wrote and said, “It’s not funny anymore.” I thought, and realized that, no, it isn’t. Things that seemed the obsessions of the occasional lugubrious neurotic are so common that they represent a change in the national character. It is eerie. Something strange is happening.

What now is the national character? What sort of country is America today? A country of rugged individualism? Land of the free and home of the brave? A nation of the independent and self-reliant?

(snip)

The ferocious American hostility to individualism is most virulent in the form of political correctness, which requires that all of us think the same things. The universities are worst, and they are the future. Once, unpopular ideas were argued and freedom of speech respected, however grudgingly. Today we have the pack mind.

Beyond the insistence that everyone should be like everyone else is the insistence that everyone already is like everyone else. No differences exist between men and women, sex being a social construct, and thus women should be in the Marines. Differences of race do not exist, race being a social construct, so if members of one non-existent race do not do as well at physics as members of another nonexistent race, we must on racial grounds hire them as physicists anyway under affirmative action, since differences are social constructs.

PC is BS, just speak your peace and move along.

And if someone knocks you on your ass for what you said, that's on you.

(snip)

Political correctness has destroyed this nation no doubt, we all are living on borrowed time.

Embrace the suck

And here comes the board ass clown progs to insult and sling shit and do just as you said, because you DARE to NOT think like they do, and how DARE you EXPOSE them? You will be DEALT WITH.

(snip)

Political correctness of the progressives has destroyed this nation no doubt, we all are living on borrowed time.

Embrace the suck

(snip)

Victim blaming is the way Progressives treat all victims.

I've been told I "self sabotage" when people have stabbed me in the back for saying the wrong thing.

you people are disgusting. A new Hitler will come and toss you all in jail. And that's on you.

Brilliant. We need more smart people like you.

You certainly need guidance from some smart people.

Moron.
I was a agreeing with you.:crybaby:

(snip)

I've been told I "self sabotage" when people have stabbed me in the back for saying the wrong thing.

you people are disgusting. A new Hitler will come and toss you all in jail. And that's on you.
Consider the more obvious possibility, you're a loud-mouthed asshole who doesn't understand a time and a place...

“The United States has become a nation of weak, pampered, easily frightened, helpless milquetoasts who have never caught a fish, fired a gun, chopped a log, hitchhiked across the country, or been in a schoolyard fight. If their cat dies, they call a grief therapist.Everythingfrightens Americans.”

This is consistent with the ridiculous, wrongheaded demagoguery common to most on the right – it also fails as an appeal to consequences fallacy, representative of the lack of sound reasoning skills that plagues a majority of conservatives.

The 'premise' of the 'article' is simplistic, sophomoric, naïve, inane, and completely devoid of merit.

Indeed, whether one is 'tough' or not has little to do with the vacuous criteria the author outlines; true strength and fortitude are determined in ways having little to do with firing guns, chopping wood, or getting in fights.

A single mother working two jobs, staying off of public assistance, keeping her children well fed, housed, clothed, and educated is a much more significant manifestation of courage and strength than catching a fish or hitchhiking across the country.

So, no – the article's author is in fact wrong, as is the OP: the United States is in no way a 'wimp' Nation, and the notion that America is 'poised to fail' is in fact a lie.

Brilliant. We need more smart people like you.

You certainly need guidance from some smart people.

Moron.
I was a agreeing with you.:crybaby:

Apologies, I misread your post.

“The United States has become a nation of weak, pampered, easily frightened, helpless milquetoasts who have never caught a fish, fired a gun, chopped a log, hitchhiked across the country, or been in a schoolyard fight. If their cat dies, they call a grief therapist.Everythingfrightens Americans.”

This is consistent with the ridiculous, wrongheaded demagoguery common to most on the right – it also fails as an appeal to consequences fallacy, representative of the lack of sound reasoning skills that plagues a majority of conservatives.

The 'premise' of the 'article' is simplistic, sophomoric, naïve, inane, and completely devoid of merit.

Indeed, whether one is 'tough' or not has little to do with the vacuous criteria the author outlines; true strength and fortitude are determined in ways having little to do with firing guns, chopping wood, or getting in fights.

A single mother working two jobs, staying off of public assistance, keeping her children well fed, housed, clothed, and educated is a much more significant manifestation of courage and strength than catching a fish or hitchhiking across the country.

So, no – the article's author is in fact wrong, as is the OP: the United States is in no way a 'wimp' Nation, and the notion that America is 'poised to fail' is in fact a lie.
And yet sexual and petty social politics become more vicious. so people are being hardened by unhealthy culture of bullies.

(snip)

Consider the more obvious possibility, you're a loud-mouthed asshole who doesn't understand a time and a place...
Are you a lesbian?

I've noticed they have no use for common decency and want society to have a prison culture.

Forum List

Back