Will there be any Electoral College hanky-panky in the 2020 election?

I've been hearing rumors. Have you heard anything?

There could be few better testaments to the lunacy of our electoral system than the fact that, on Wednesday, the Supreme Court, made up of the most august judges in the land, spent time considering whether one random guy somewhere should be able to decide who the next president is.

But that’s just what happened. And even if the judges take what might be the most practical course in this case — which concerns the question of “faithless electors” — it’s a good reminder that, because our system is so uniquely undemocratic, we could be heading for yet another election in which the person who gets the most votes is not the one who wins.
And that’s not even the most terrifying prospect.

This Supreme Court case asks whether, having been sent to the electoral college on the presumption they’d cast their votes for a particular candidate, electors are allowed under the Constitution to change their minds and act as free agents.

The electoral college is a ticking time bomb for November

Holy horse crap.. You ASKING electoral college abuse? You ever hear of the 14 largely BLUE states that signed a pact DEMANDING their electors IGNORE the will of their residents' votes and cast their votes for the Popular vote winner??

Seriously -- you this clueless ALL the time? This is gonna backfire on your asses like most of your schemes.. If Trump WINS the popular vote -- you'll see trainloads of lawyers running to court to REMOVE the legislation they all passed.. Otherwise NY. Cali.Illinois and 11 other Blue states would turn ALL RED on the official electoral college results..

How'd you miss this chief???

The Electoral College is a dinosaur. Popular vote reflects the real will of the people. People count - not acreage. BTW, what is wrong with BLUE states pushing for their electors to cast their votes for the Popular vote winner?

You do realize that some states have more people, right? Am I going to have to explain to you the purpose of the electoral college?

She knows. She thinks it's outrageous and horrible and unfair that the peons in flyover country think they should actually have a say in the government, instead of just getting their asses out in the field and working for their overlords in the mega-cities in silence.

There could be few better testaments to the lunacy of our electoral system than the fact that, on Wednesday, the Supreme Court, made up of the most august judges in the land, spent time considering whether one random guy somewhere should be able to decide who the next president is.

But that’s just what happened. And even if the judges take what might be the most practical course in this case — which concerns the question of “faithless electors” — it’s a good reminder that, because our system is so uniquely undemocratic, we could be heading for yet another election in which the person who gets the most votes is not the one who wins.

This Supreme Court case asks whether, having been sent to the electoral college on the presumption they’d cast their votes for a particular candidate, electors are allowed under the Constitution to change their minds and act as free agents.

....why people find this shocking eludes me

I'm sure you all were taught how our system works many times during your education.

Yes states matter.

Getting 51% of californian voters or 99% doesn't make a difference

I dont think that they were
Too many don't know
Shocking. I know
But.

I don't think so.

I think you'll see a red state probably stage some sort of event to make it look like there is some sort of fraud going on.

But the electors are probably not going to be swayed one way or another.

Holy horse crap.. You ASKING electoral college abuse? You ever hear of the 14 largely BLUE states that signed a pact DEMANDING their electors IGNORE the will of their residents' votes and cast their votes for the Popular vote winner??

Seriously -- you this clueless ALL the time? This is gonna backfire on your asses like most of your schemes.. If Trump WINS the popular vote -- you'll see trainloads of lawyers running to court to REMOVE the legislation they all passed.. Otherwise NY. Cali.Illinois and 11 other Blue states would turn ALL RED on the official electoral college results..

The Electoral College is a dinosaur. Popular vote reflects the real will of the people. People count - not acreage.

Then WhyTF you worried about it? It aint going anywhere.. It's MORE democratic than the Senate. You revolutionaries would have to burn the SENATE off of the Constitution first..

The electoral college is THOUSANDS of times MORE democratic than your average DNC "Super Delegate"... :2up:

Why are you always so hostile and usually on the wrong side of most issues? Do you honestly believe the Electoral College is how presidential elections should be decided and that electors should be able to just ignore the popular vote in their state?

I tell ya...the hostility is palpable from he/her right?

The Electoral College is a dinosaur. Popular vote reflects the real will of the people. People count - not acreage. BTW, what is wrong with BLUE states pushing for their electors to cast their votes for the Popular vote winner?
Really so some 18 yr old dropout without a job has an equal vote to a tax paying adult like myself? That to you is “fair” and the will of the people. Hardly.

You do realize that some states have more people, right? Am I going to have to explain to you the purpose of the electoral college?

She knows. She thinks it's outrageous and horrible and unfair that the peons in flyover country think they should actually have a say in the government, instead of just getting their asses out in the field and working for their overlords in the mega-cities in silence.

You nailed it.

They are counting on massive voter fraud?
plus they believe early voters are voting democrat. I'm voting in person on Saturday guess whom I'm voting for????

Is it that Jorgensen chick?
it's all democrats they are happy about the high number of early voters
oh no I'm not voting for that Jorgensen chick.
I'll give you a hint name starts with a D

The Ds on the Supreme Court Nominee panel are an embarrassment to our nation.
I know you disagree because you are mentally ill.

I don't think so.

I think you'll see a red state probably stage some sort of event to make it look like there is some sort of fraud going on.

The electors don't have a choice.
They simply do the accounting and pass it on

I don't think so.

They don't have a choice
They simply submit the name that the citizens of the state choose.
They are not deciders
They do the accounting

The Electoral College, combined with inaccurate census counting and gerrymandering, is not a fair method to elect our presidents. BTW, Republicans are trying to end the 2020 census count a month early. They may have already succeeded.

Amy will block all that stupid shit you clowns are trying to pull. Nice fail trying to get out ahead of it though.

What "stupid shit" are Democrats trying to pull? We're not the ones engaged in voter suppression and trying to short-circuit the 2020 census.
You’re going to try to count votes all the way up until The electoral committee Has to show up with the votes you’re gonna cry that you need more time.. Amy will say to bad see ya punks

Amy will block all that stupid shit you clowns are trying to pull. Nice fail trying to get out ahead of it though.

What "stupid shit" are Democrats trying to pull? We're not the ones engaged in voter suppression and trying to short-circuit the 2020 census.
You’re going to try to count votes all the way up until The electoral committee Has to show up with the votes you’re gonna cry that you need more time.. Amy will say to bad see ya punks

Really? So you think SCOTUS should pick our presidents?

The Electoral College, combined with inaccurate census counting and gerrymandering, is not a fair method to elect our presidents. BTW, Republicans are trying to end the 2020 census count a month early. They may have already succeeded.

Gerrymandering has very little to do with the basic problem of popular vote representation

And "gerrymandering" is also what gives minority communities representation.

You take it away and start just drawing lines as straight as makes sense with the population....You're going to end up with a more republican map not less on average.

Really? So you think SCOTUS should pick our presidents?
No I think voters that show up should

From a tactical point of view, how will the popular vote not be subject to corruption?

Yes, we know that the dems plan on throwing the electoral votes into chaos...because the electoral system has prevented them from stealing more elections by preventing California and New York from printing up millions of fake voters and fake ballots---yes we know the dems and the chinese want to tie up the electoral count in the courts using the chaos that they plan so they can put Pelosi in who btw, was doing the exact same chit with a different urkanian energy company who had employed her corrupt inept son paul jr. We got it....dems plan to make Pelosi queen. Barring this.....removal of the electoral college is the secondary goal.

Last edited:
From a tactical point of view, how will the popular vote not be subject to corruption?

When it's done fairly and honestly - as it mostly is. There is little evidence of voter fraud - certainly nothing so significant that it would have an adverse effect on a presidential election. Even Trump disbanded his so-called commission on voter fraud - because they found none.

If there are any problems, it will be Democrats in Blue states that will try to bollix up the election...., especially since Trump will win.

The Electoral College is a dinosaur. Popular vote reflects the real will of the people. People count - not acreage.

Then WhyTF you worried about it? It aint going anywhere.. It's MORE democratic than the Senate. You revolutionaries would have to burn the SENATE off of the Constitution first..

The electoral college is THOUSANDS of times MORE democratic than your average DNC "Super Delegate"... :2up:

Why are you always so hostile and usually on the wrong side of most issues? Do you honestly believe the Electoral College is how presidential elections should be decided and that electors should be able to just ignore the popular vote in their state?

See that's really how clueless you leftists are.. Uninformed, dont know how stuff works -- but OPINIONATED as hell..

The Nat. Pop. Vote (NPI) does NOT BIND ELECTORS to the popular vote of THEIR STATE.. It binds them to the NATIONAL POPULAR VOTE !!! It's a crude and juvenile monkey-wrenched "work-round" of the Electoral College..

So if EVERYONE VOTES BLUE in Cali or NY state - but TRUMP wins the National Popular vote -- THOSE ELECTORS ARE FORCED TO IGNORE the state vote and abide by the National pop vote.. You got that all wrong pops... I'm not hostile.. I've got more patience than most people do with the clueless.. But -- it's hard to reach the clueless.. And TOMORROW -- you'll be making the same silly assertions.. Pains me to SEE it.. Feel I'm wasting time -- but SOMEONE has to it..

And YES -- the Electoral College is ESSENTIAL to a Republic.. Just like the LESS "democratic" Senate is... So I support the Republic we live in...

Forum List

Back