Will the Valentine's Day massacre change minds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF one /actually/ wished to prevent school shootings they would openly explore the base "causes" for them, rather than lazily argue for additional ineffective "feel good" regulations, JS
You mean a culture of gun worship is not a base cause? Look at the magazine rack in our stores. You see magazine after magazine celebrating 'tactical weapons' aka weapons of war. We see the right promoting guns as a solution to all problems. And the crazies take all this to heart, and we see murder in our schools and streets.

Well, removing the guns that are designed only for the murder of our fellow man from the market is a small, but significant step, in the right direction.

It's nice to see that ...

a) You've got your knickers in a twist over something else beside global warming and ...

b) You have less of a clue on guns than you have on global warming.

IF one /actually/ wished to prevent school shootings they would openly explore the base "causes" for them, rather than lazily argue for additional ineffective "feel good" regulations, JS
You mean a culture of gun worship is not a base cause? Look at the magazine rack in our stores. You see magazine after magazine celebrating 'tactical weapons' aka weapons of war. We see the right promoting guns as a solution to all problems. And the crazies take all this to heart, and we see murder in our schools and streets.

Well, removing the guns that are designed only for the murder of our fellow man from the market is a small, but significant step, in the right direction.

It's nice to see that ...

a) You've got your knickers in a twist over something else beside global warming and ...

b) You have less of a clue on guns than you have on global warming.
Buddy boy, I have been a gun owner probably longer than you have been alive. I hand load for my primary rifle, and know it's trajectory for various loads and bullet weights. And I see no reason for civilians to own weapons of war. We are seeing the result of that mentality every week now.

As for global warming, I read what the scientists present as evidence and observations, not what mentally unstable people like you believe exists in your little alternative universe.

I see no reason for civilians to own weapons of war

Weapon of which war?

david_goliath.jpg

Or will this just be another mass shooting that deserves our "thoughts and prayers?"

I was thinking the same thing, another Valentine's Day Massacre.

As far as changing anything my first thought after Sandy Hook was "if this isn't the turning point, 5 year old babies being slaughtered in their classrooms, there will never be a turning point." The people that cling to guns are terrified of being alive. They don't care how many children are buried.

The local news tonight spent 2-3 minutes on the shooting today. It nearly doesn't even register any more. The kid that did the shooting today was born in 1998, the year Columbine took place. Now we begin counting days until the next one, and the one after that and the one after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back