Will the real Donald Trump please stand up?

The fervor around Trump reminds me of that of Rick Perry in the 2012 election cycle. Rick Perry was the hot commodity with conservatives prior to the debates beginning and then once questioned about illegal immigration during the first primary debate and he stuck to guns about supporting the Dream Act and immigration reform he got booed and sunk like a rock in the polls over night. The same thing is going to happen with Trump once the other candidates start seizing on all of his past support of issues shunned by conservatives.

Which side is Donald Trump on?

Trump once endorsed a massive surtax on the rich. But he now wants the top income tax rate cut in half.

He opposed the war in Iraq, but says he now has a “foolproof” plan to defeat ISIL.

He’s praised single-payer health care, yet loathes Obamacare. But a decade ago he proposed “health marts” that sound suspiciously like today’s Obamacare exchanges.

Over the past two decades he was a Republican, then an independent, then a Democrat, then a Republican. Now, registered as an independent, he leads the Republican 2016 presidential field.

But what does Donald Trump really believe on policy? It’s hard to tell — his campaign will identify no policy director, he has no “issues” tab on his campaign website and he hasn’t given any substantive policy speeches on the campaign trail.

“His hair has been more permanent than his political positions,” said Thomas P. Miller, a health care policy expert at the conservative American Enterprise Institute. “It’s a total random assortment of whatever plays publicly.”

Read more: Will the real Donald Trump please stand up - Timothy Noah - POLITICO
No one knows for sure. But, he sure is earning a lot of points with folks that are tired of "politics as usual", and I'm one of them.

Yes. He is attracting all of the really smart Americans. They would never elect a politician to the presidency.
Oh yes they would, and I'll bet the farm that they'll do it again. Old habits are hard to break. It's early, but my guess is that voters will more than likely elect Clinton. I really don't see voters changing from their norm. I'd love to be wrong, but the odds are that Trump will impress just enough voters to make it interesting for a few months, maybe a little longer. It would shock me if he got elected. It would be as surprising as the first time Obama was elected. And, as surprising as the second time Obama was elected.

The fervor around Trump reminds me of that of Rick Perry in the 2012 election cycle. Rick Perry was the hot commodity with conservatives prior to the debates beginning and then once questioned about illegal immigration during the first primary debate and he stuck to guns about supporting the Dream Act and immigration reform he got booed and sunk like a rock in the polls over night. The same thing is going to happen with Trump once the other candidates start seizing on all of his past support of issues shunned by conservatives.

Trump once endorsed a massive surtax on the rich. But he now wants the top income tax rate cut in half.

He opposed the war in Iraq, but says he now has a “foolproof” plan to defeat ISIL.

He’s praised single-payer health care, yet loathes Obamacare. But a decade ago he proposed “health marts” that sound suspiciously like today’s Obamacare exchanges.

Over the past two decades he was a Republican, then an independent, then a Democrat, then a Republican. Now, registered as an independent, he leads the Republican 2016 presidential field.

But what does Donald Trump really believe on policy? It’s hard to tell — his campaign will identify no policy director, he has no “issues” tab on his campaign website and he hasn’t given any substantive policy speeches on the campaign trail.

“His hair has been more permanent than his political positions,” said Thomas P. Miller, a health care policy expert at the conservative American Enterprise Institute. “It’s a total random assortment of whatever plays publicly.”

No one knows for sure. But, he sure is earning a lot of points with folks that are tired of "politics as usual", and I'm one of them.

Yes. He is attracting all of the really smart Americans. They would never elect a politician to the presidency.
Oh yes they would, and I'll bet the farm that they'll do it again. Old habits are hard to break. It's early, but my guess is that voters will more than likely elect Clinton. I really don't see voters changing from their norm. I'd love to be wrong, but the odds are that Trump will impress just enough voters to make it interesting for a few months, maybe a little longer. It would shock me if he got elected. It would be as surprising as the first time Obama was elected. And, as surprising as the second time Obama was elected.

If you had as much talent for sniffing out sarcasm as you have for saying the same thing several different ways in a single post....you'd blow your own mind.

It's just early campaign season, and we can expect a lot of fireworks from each candidate. The oval office is a powerful office, and all of them want to get elected. It's the name of the game when you're a politician. It's the top prize. Everyone will be slinging mud until election day.

Sarcasm, Sonny. Consider 75% of what I post to be sarcasm. You might begin to catch it.

If you had as much talent for sniffing out sarcasm as you have for saying the same thing several different ways in a single post....you'd blow your own mind.
As you well know, my talents are very limited.

It's just early campaign season, and we can expect a lot of fireworks from each candidate. The oval office is a powerful office, and all of them want to get elected. It's the name of the game when you're a politician. It's the top prize. Everyone will be slinging mud until election day.

Sarcasm, Sonny. Consider 75% of what I post to be sarcasm. You might begin to catch it.
Thanks. I'll try to remember that. I'm not too sharp sometimes. I'll try to pay better attention to your comments in the future.

Seems she's supposed to be the REAL opposition, but, even the old Fag Bernie Sanders is biting at her muff! That scoundrel!

Isn't it about time you posted a photoshopped picture? You've run out of things to say again.

No I haven't, BUT I'll take requests under consideration!

I'm looking forward to the debates, because Donald the Chump doesn't really know anything about policy.

He's gonna be shredded................
He doesn't have to know anything. All he has to do is talk the American language that folks like me want to hear.

There we go- the President the far right wants-

"He doesn't have to know anything"

"As long as he talks the way I want him to sound"

LOL.......

I'm looking forward to the debates, because Donald the Chump doesn't really know anything about policy.

He doesn't have to know anything. All he has to do is talk the American language that folks like me want to hear.

LOL.......

Isn't that awesome! He doesn't have to know anything! Perfect.

LOL.......
Yea, well you keep listening to the BS spewed by all those well intended professional politicians like you have in the past and see where this country goes.

Forum List

Back