Will Kyler Murray Be the Worst #1 Draft Pick Since Russell?

Leweman

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2010
I just don't see it with this guy. Mayfield and Wilson are giants compared to this guy and Murray seems like he has absolutely no personality or leadership ability.

I was pretty surprised to see he measured out at a little over 5'10". He looks about 5'7".

He could be great, but that's a huge risk. And they only gave Rosen one year with a putrid offensive line.

We'll see soon enough! I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL
There are comparisons to Russel Wilson but Wilson has a stout frame. The NFL an unforgiven league when it comes to injuries. But there are larger QB's who are injured a lot also.

I was pretty surprised to see he measured out at a little over 5'10". He looks about 5'7".

He could be great, but that's a huge risk. And they only gave Rosen one year with a putrid offensive line.

There are comparisons to Russel Wilson but Wilson has a stout frame. The NFL an unforgiven league when it comes to injuries. But there are larger QB's who are injured a lot also.
Yeah, there's just really no way to know. It'll be fun finding out, that's for damn sure.

The draft is pretty much a crap shoot at all positions with IMO QB being the the most vulnerable of them all. The graveyard of hot shot college QBs who either couldn’t cut it in the NFL or were never able match their college careers accomplishments is a crowded resting place.

For an interesting read on the topic of such hot shots attempting to transition their play from college to pros, check out The book QB Whisperer by NFL coach Bruce Arians. To him it all comes down to a guy’s ability to quickly process what he sees unfolding defensively one the field post snap, make the right decision, and get the ball to an open receiver. Arm strength, ability to make all the throws, etc. mean nothing if it takes a guy a nanosecond or two too long to decide where he’s throwing the ball.

All that said we’ll just have to wait and see if Murray’s going to the graveyard or NFL stardom.

I just don't see it with this guy. Mayfield and Wilson are giants compared to this guy and Murray seems like he has absolutely no personality or leadership ability.
Yes, DeMarcus Russell was a historically bad selection and it couldn't happen to a more
incompetent franchise as the Raiders.

As far as Murray as a pro prospect he fits in the Wilson mold
but seems to be even more athletically gifted (a historic number one selection in both the NFL and Major League Baseball draft). Time will tell whether the Cardinals made a wise decision or not.

Browns' 2nd Round Pick Greedy Williams was the best pick of the draft. mark my words!

Yeah, there's just really no way to know. It'll be fun finding out, that's for damn sure.

That a boy. Way to get up in der'

Yes, DeMarcus Russell was a historically bad selection and it couldn't happen to a more
incompetent franchise as the Raiders.

As far as Murray as a pro prospect he fits in the Wilson mold
but seems to be even more athletically gifted (a historic number one selection in both the NFL and Major League Baseball draft). Time will tell whether the Cardinals made a wise decision or not.

I saw dat sum' beech run wild vs. dem' longhorns. Fast rapid quick accelerator shifty. Another Vick? Or a Wilson as noted above. Perhaps a Manziel w/o the coke spoon?

Forum List

Back